Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

Figueroa is playing the game of his life. Incredible.

Also, the official Spurs site, even through refreshing, has had the score at 2-0 with no more updates for 20 minutes. So I think we're screwed.

Click onto the BBC site just out of interest and find it's 2-2 and Bent's got both! Booyah!

EDIT: First goal assist for Chimbonda and second goal was set up by Jussi parrying Palacios' shot. New signings FTW!

Edited by ReneArtoisAteMyHamster

Not too disappointed with the results from my point of view. A win against Newcastle tomorrow would be fantastic, a draw wouldn't be too bad in terms of points really but a loss would be pretty disappointing, not only due to our opponents but just in general from the league table. Still, it's not going to be easy tomorrow but I just hope for an entertaining game and nothing disastrous and I will be happy.

You can't really get into talking about how close the league is without repeating whats been said a hundred times before already.

Wigan's D was fantastic, that was just incredible. I'd have rather it not come against Villa, but whatever. I'm seriously starting to like Wigan. Watched the Liverpool match midweek as well. I really like they way they play.

Oh, and fuck you Arsenal <_< ... get your head outta your ass.

Just watching MOTD and I know it's been mentioned a few times, but how the fuck Villa did not get a goal out of those goalmouth ping-pong sessions I don't know. I swear Wigan defenders were just appearing in the path of the ball every time as if by magic.

And Portsmouth's offside trap is hilarious.

EDIT: That was great - West Ham defender James Collins tries to head and clear a ball only to have his foot stood on by his keeper and as he jumped slightly before him his boot came off. Then Arsenal flick the ball back towards the goal since the keeper is off the line and Collins is there to head it away still playing in one boot. He has to leave it still sitting in the penalty area until the ball goes out of play.

Edited by Scott McFly

I'm so glad IAceI isn't online <_<

Shay Given leaves because the defenders are shit, we get rid of Shay Given and get another midfielder. Is anyone at Newcastle realising that a defender is by far a bigger priority than a midfielder? Gah, we're just going through the same mistakes with a goalkeeper who isn't as untouchable.