Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

Cynicists are saying that the contract is just to safeguard his transfer value. I sincerely hope not as his style of play really suits Spurs. Much like Modric down the left. All pace, dribbling and flashy counter-attack. It's just nice that for once we have a decent defence and defensive midfielder to back it up...

What a really strange season for Spurs.

Although a 1-0 win AT HOME against the bottom club seems a bit shaky...

It's Tottenham's 6th successive home clean sheet with five in a row being our fourth best in history!

SOMEHOW this season Tottenham have only conceded nine in their 18 home matches and the club record for a season is 11 so 0 or 1 conceded in the final home game and it's a new record. Just shows how much Harry has achieved!

The best Premiership home against is 16 so that's all but beaten now.

Man I REALLY hope that Reading get promoted. Looks like Birmingham are all but out of it so if Palace can score against Sheff Utd....Mmmm Reading bliss!

How do you work that one out? They're second with a game to go and in the best position :unsure:

I don't get how Carrick has been average before he came into our team we were playing O'Shea and Fletcher in the middle. He struggled a bit in the 06/07 but he's been one of our most consistent players and usually when he plays well the team does too.

Man I REALLY hope that Reading get promoted. Looks like Birmingham are all but out of it so if Palace can score against Sheff Utd....Mmmm Reading bliss!

Haven't Palace failed to score in 7 of their last 9 home games? Also, I believe we have only lost once in our last 16 away games.

Of course, this being Sheffield United, we'll now be soundly beaten.

How do you work that one out? They're second with a game to go and in the best position :unsure:

Because, bar beating Wolves, Birmingham have been pretty dire of late. I'd consider Reading the better side, and Reading are at home.

Owen only ended up how he is now because he played far too much as a lone striker from an early age... and ended up breaking his body pretty badly.

Thankfully Torres isn't being used as a lone strik... I mean, hasn't played loads of first team games from an early a...

Yeah, he needs to be sorted out. Quickly!

Houllier and Phil Thompson ruined Owen. When he first started having his hamstring problems one of our physio's at the time told them he needed an extra two months or so rehab to go through a proper weightlifting/exercise regime to fix his hammys. Houllier and Thompson said no because they wanted him playing again. The physio (Mark someone, I think) then resigned because he wanted no part of it.

Edited by therockbox