Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

I can't honestly see Terry leaving Chelsea until he's old and there's a replacement for him. I can't imagine City even being in the position to be able to attract the best players either until they crack the top 4 and players can justify moving there with a reason other than "well, they offered me a bit more money."

Terry to City? Worst rumour I've ever heard, surely City aren't dumb enough to even consider a bid for him. I don't think he'd even leave if one of the big teams across Europe attempted to get him. In my mind he's a Chelsea player and always will be, I just cant ever see him leaving.

Poor Newcastle. Clearly Shearer should of come back as a Player Manager, because he'd do better on the field than what their current strikers are.

That's twice they deserve to go down

As a Magpie, we deserve to go down, we're an embarrassment and the club needs a kick up the arse only a relegation can deliver.

Also, NZ/Aussie coverage is amazingly biased, all they rabbited on about all game was what Mark Viduka is going to do in the summer, their 'analyst', former Boro stalwart Robbie Mustoe reckons a Champions League team will pick him up.

Viduka to Skonto Riga it is then! :shifty:

Dukes could play in the UEFA cup no problem, Champions League would be a stretch unless he's going to be a benchwarmer.

And to say you need to be relegated is stupid, relegation is the last thing you need.

If Newcastle go down, it'll be exactly the same as what happened in my FM 07 game. They'll get relegated, all their players will leave bar Shola Ameobi, they'll go down to League One for a year, but eventually they'll rebuild a decent team and re-establish themselves as a decent Championship team. And their fans will still moan about being a big club.