Leaked X-Men Origins: Wolverine Trailer *Spoilers*

LL!

I saw this movie, and loved it.

I didn't think about the comic book universes or any of that shit. Ijust watched it for what it was.

And loved the fucking shit out of it.

There, I said it.

I agree, because I don't know the stories of basically all the X-Men characters I thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome movie overall though. I loved how Weapon XI wasn't played by Ryan Reynolds. It was by a different actor.

I assume they used CGI to make him have similar facial features to Reynolds, though.

I saw the movie earlier tonight so I'll give some brief thoughts.

I am not a big superhero fan though I like the Wolverine character and he's one of the few superhero comics that I buy. Though I absolutely hated the X-Men movies. I do think that Jackman does a good job as did Liev Schreiber playing Sabertooth.

Gambit is by and far my favorite comic book character along with Cable. They ruined him beyond belief in this movie. The actor was awful and had a terrible accent. I know he was a minor character in the film but come on, get someone decent.

Ryan Reynolds is a guilty pleasure of mine. I quite enjoy his work and enjoyed him the bit he was in the film. I hope he plays Deadpool in a full fledged Deadpool movie as that would be amazing in my opinion. I think that as far as the major comic movies go, Deadpool was a fantastic "end boss" type character. Much better than stuff like Venom and the dude in Iron Man.

Patrick Stewart looked like a young Asian man in aging make up to make him somewhat resemble Patrick Stewart. I couldn't believe it was actually him.

Some of the special effects were pretty "meh". Things that were green screened really shouldn't have been. Like the scene towards the end with Xavier in the woods. Why did that need to be green screened? Just film him in the woods or get a set that looks like real woods.

I didn't stay for the endings but I'm pretty sure the one we got was the one that takes place in the bar. I'll just watch them on youtube.

Awesome movie overall though. I loved how Weapon XI wasn't played by Ryan Reynolds. It was by a different actor.

I assume they used CGI to make him have similar facial features to Reynolds, though.

Yeah but if your gonna have an actor play a character, why not the whole way through?

Yeah but if your gonna have an actor play a character, why not the whole way through?

So... what you're really asking is... why do they use Stuntmen? Because that's all Scott Adkins was... a stuntman. Reynolds' schedule didn't allow him to get into the makeup for Weapon XI, so they used the stuntman instead.

So... what you're really asking is... why do they use Stuntmen? Because that's all Scott Adkins was... a stuntman. Reynolds' schedule didn't allow him to get into the makeup for Weapon XI, so they used the stuntman instead.

I'm not saying that. I'm saying that I found it intersting that Reynolds didn't play his character in the final scenes of the movie. I can understand using him for all the fighting if RR can't do that kind of stuff but with facial close-ups and such I just found it would have been more appropriate to use Reynolds instead of this other guy.

I really enjoyed the film. I marked for some of the little appearances of characters in the mutant holding scene. I really hope Reynolds gets to play Deadpool in his own spin off film because Reynolds was cool as fuck in the film.

The first time I saw it, I spent the entire time trying to figure out who everyone was, what had changed and all of that. And I was filled with ANGRY NERD RAGE! The second time I saw the movie, I didn't hate it as much. I will admit that it is solid, if unspectacular. It felt like Wolverine was just a plot device for action scenes and I felt little investment in his character as a whole. I mean, we're told the guy can't die (but never told why) but never really given alot of reason to feel sympathy for him. the whole movie felt at times like it had too many characters that needed more time to be developed.

Disliked that Wolverine and Sabertooth were brothers. It almost makes the whole thing too simple.

Still HATE HATE HATE that Deadpool is supposedly some bald dude with katanas in his arms and crazy powers. If they go the whole "body rejects the Weapon XI process", I'd be happy.

Never really explained why Wolverine is Logan. Everyone just starts calling him it out of the blue. His name is James (last name isn't mentioned), so I think it's safe to assume that they've combined the canon with the movies to make him James Logan. Yet later, Wolverine calls Sabertooth Victor Creed (canon name). I wish they've have at least given a hint about that.

It was good, I guess. A necessary evil if they make a Deadpool movie.

I just saw it. I'm not a big comic book fan - I used to watch the old X-Men cartoon series but that's about my experience of it, other than the films. Anyway, I enjoyed it. It was pretty much what I expected - Wolverine going around beating the crap out of people. Reynolds was awesome for the brief part he was in it, Gambit looked gay as fuck but it was still good to see him in one of the films. It's not a masterpiece of anything but it's enjoyable if you take it as something completely different from the comics. Saying that, I can't imagine that's as easy for people who actually read the comics.

I'm pretty sure Wolverine was raised with the last name Logan though. Ya know, up until bio-father shot adopted-father.

And I seem to recall Wolverine and Sabretooth being brothers all along in the first place, so I'm fine with that.

I'm pretty sure Wolverine was raised with the last name Logan though. Ya know, up until bio-father shot adopted-father.

And I seem to recall Wolverine and Sabretooth being brothers all along in the first place, so I'm fine with that.

It has been established that there's no relation between Wolverine and Sabretooth; when Sabretooth claimed there was it was just to play mind games with Wolverine, and Dog Logan was never intended to be Sabretooth.

Also, IIRC, Wolverine only started using the name Logan after killing old man Logan, presumably his biological father, who had killed his "father". This happened when his claws first appeared, and since mutants were something unheard of in that age (late 19th century/early 20th century) he had to run away, and started using the name Logan so as to not be identified. His real name was James Howlett.