UEFA Champions League 08/09

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a good game but damn Liverpool had it in the bag in the first half. Did they think it was over? I love that they didn't give up but it didn't have to turn out like that if they would've played the second half tighter.

Credit to Chelsea, they played good and whatever Gus had them on, keep doing it.

That's mental-it cost me 25 quid for a round trip to Coventry including ticket & travel a couple of weeks ago.

Yeah but you are a tinpot club, in all fairness. :P

Actually I think it cost me similar when I went to Luton away last year, last time I managed to get fucking tickets for an away trip too (I was sure I'd get them for Huddersfield and Leicester this year after applying for both 15 minutes after they went on sale and both times I missed out [/rant]).

But yeah, some (most) of our home games cost £26, and that's before food, drink, booking fees, petrol, etc: and I thought that was expensive (which it is for the third division) but 50 quid is fucking shocking.

Eamon Dunphy's RTE analysis over here in Ireland "It wasn't a great game, very error-prone....it was like 2 drunks in an alley randomly swinging punches at one another"

<_<

Since I moved to Ireland (Waterford), whenever I see a game on RTE the whole panel are pissing and moaning about something. Yes it's annoying for panelists to give players verbal blowjobs but come on guys! Must the glass be half empty every fucking time?

Words cant really describe that game, fantastic to watch.

Cant believe anyone would say Liverpool were bad, they were damn good on the night. Both teams made some mistakes, but it was a damn good battle and a hard fought game. Part of me actually thought Liverpool were going to win it when they come back from 3-2 down. If only they had that bit extra, someone like Macheda? :shifty: (I'm joking before anyone crucifies me). Either way, great game and the right team won over the two legs. I think Chelsea will do much better than people think against Barcelona, should be another fantastic clash. For now though, thank you Chelsea.

As for tomorrow, nervous really. I'm leaning towards us going out in all honesty, I just cant see us winning if we play anything like we have as of late. Here's hoping for a master performance and a semi clash with Arsenal :wub:

Bristol Rovers vs. Stockport - £12.50 (H)

...is what they should be paying you :shifty:

And eh, I'm annoyed. I saw the game but I was watching in a pub where for some reason the sound was muted in favour of some god awful Motown mix and then I was too busy being awesome in a pub quiz to pay proper attention. I'm pissed off because by all accounts it seems to have been the best game ever and I don't even have the WOW WHAT A GAME factor to counteract the fact that we're out like others do :(

EDIT: Add to that the fact that I'm the only one who doesn't seem to think Porto will go through instead of Man Utd tonight out of my friendship group and I'm feeling low.

Edited by Pesci

It was a great game to watch, but if I'd have supported either team, I would've probably come away from it annoyed at some of the goals my team had conceded.

Still, it made for good viewing. I just hate it when United are involved in a game where it seems like every attack, for both teams, could lead to a goal.

Bristol Rovers vs. Stockport - £12.50 (H)

Well, I suppose that's value for money as long as it's not at Stockport. I'd not pay over 3 quid to go back to that shithole. They charged us 20+ quid for a game there a couple of seasons back, and they were rock bottom of the division and going down!