NCAA Footbal 09 Season Thread

HailtotheYo

wow, just fucking wow. and they're kicking from the 7 1/2 yard line ....

of course, the display by the fans is EXACTLY why everyone in/from Texas hates Tech .... fucking pathetic/stupid/assanine

unfortunately now there is no choice but to admit that they are apparently the real deal ... even if they lose one in conference now, they've managed to take a step forward

that said, they're still the bastard fucks from Texas and I hope to God I don't have to root for them by default come bowl season

Damn, I was really looking forward to facing the Longhorns, that would've been a great game. Oh well..I guess it's back to uncertainty for the last few weeks.

I still think Texas is sitting pretty at number 4.

Bama still has to play LSU and Florida, I think they will lose one of those games.

Tech has to go through the same gauntlet Texas just went to. OK State and Oklahoma on the road, I bet they lose one of those. If that's the case, the Longhorns will pass Tech in the rankings despite losing to them. The computers really like Texas. I think the computers will favor a 1 loss SEC or Big XII team before they go to an undefeated Penn State or a 1 loss USC.

So Texas Tech moves to #2. I can't see how anyone could argue against it. Hell, I'd put them at #1.

I could definitely disagree, and was surprised by the fact they leap frogged Penn State, however I don't see any point in arguing over poll places at this point in the season. If Tech were somehow able to run the table and beat Ok St, OU, and then Missouri in the Big 12 Championship Game, they should end the season higher then Penn State, so arguing over the spot at this point is moot. And while I don’t mean to take ANYTHING away from the Tech victory (which was an amazing game to watch), I still left thinking Texas was better. Tech played perfectly, while Texas appeared to be a very exhausted football team.

For me… this week and the game with OU will tell us just how “strong” of a football team Tech really is. There is a lot of difference between wining games as the underdog, and winning games you’re suppose to win against big time competition. If Tech can win this week and then in three weeks against OU, they will prove to me they deserve to be up there ahead of Penn State.

However at this point, I would be lieing if I said I thought they would do it. I simply do not. In fact, at this point, not only do I believe Tech won’t be in THE BCS game… but in a BSC game at all.

Exactly, the positioning of the top three means absolutely zilch right now. If Tech where to run this stretch and take the Big 12 title, they'd leapfrog into 1/2 in the BCS anyway. If they lose one and don't get to or win the Big 12, then they drop back anyway.

What I'm going to love is when 'Bama fucks up, Tech fucks up, and Penn State blows it at Iowa :shifty:

Exactly, the positioning of the top three means absolutely zilch right now. If Tech where to run this stretch and take the Big 12 title, they'd leapfrog into 1/2 in the BCS anyway. If they lose one and don't get to or win the Big 12, then they drop back anyway.

What I'm going to love is when 'Bama fucks up, Tech fucks up, and Penn State blows it against Michigan St. :shifty:

I had to fix it for you HTTK :pervert:

Edited by justblaze09

three years too late ...

Exactly. If you fire a coach one year after he wins your confernce (or in the Vols case, their division since the SEC splits up their confernce), that tells everyone more then likely you wanted the guy gone in the first place. And whether or not you agree with their decision or not, its still theirs to make. However waiting two or three years to fire a coach, just so that you have a 'reason' instead of doing it when you no longer have faith in the man is bullshit. It's not fair to the fans who have to pay for tix-alumni funds-donations, to the coaching staff and families, or the players to whom have been recruited to the program over the past few years when the Athletic Department knew all along that Fulmer wasn't going to be their coach moving forward. I feel bad for Tennessee fans, and hope they don't go the Nebraska route. :crying:

For me, the writing had been on the wall for a while. I mean, you look at his record pre and up to the National Title and compare it to post Title and WOW. He's managed to coattail that thing longer than anyone has the right too. The biggest issue for UT is that they had the perfect man there for the job. Cutcliffe came back to be your coach, and you fucked him. Nice.

three years too late ...

Exactly. If you fire a coach one year after he wins your confernce (or in the Vols case, their division since the SEC splits up their confernce), that tells everyone more then likely you wanted the guy gone in the first place. And whether or not you agree with their decision or not, its still theirs to make. However waiting two or three years to fire a coach, just so that you have a 'reason' instead of doing it when you no longer have faith in the man is bullshit. It's not fair to the fans who have to pay for tix-alumni funds-donations, to the coaching staff and families, or the players to whom have been recruited to the program over the past few years when the Athletic Department knew all along that Fulmer wasn't going to be their coach moving forward. I feel bad for Tennessee fans, and hope they don't go the Nebraska route. :crying:

Oh, don't feel sorry for Tennessee fans; a good portion of us have wanted Fulmer gone for a couple years now, and the # has risen significantly; the local paper, the Knoxville News Sentinel, did a poll a couple of weeks ago asking if we wanted Fulmer back next year, and the results were something like 83% no, 2 % yes, and 15% undecided.

There would have been hell to pay if Fulmer was still the coach next year.

And Hail, no one fucked Cutcliffe, really; he just got impatient. I think most people, including Fulmer himself, knew he would likely be done after this season if we didn't win big.

I hope whoever takes over the head coaching job (and I'm praying its still Cutcliffe, which could happen) has the good sense to fire the new offensive coordinator and perma-bench Jonathan Crompton, who is the college version of NFL Rex Grossman, only worse.

*edit, because its significant and I forgot about it* There's talk that Fulmer may actually go coach somewhere else, rather than stay with the school in some capacity - there was talk about him staying with UT in some role at the press conference. If he does go elsewhere, I doubt it will be another SEC team.

Edited by GhostMachine