NCAA Footbal 09 Season Thread

HailtotheYo

Good lord, if 'Bama wins this game and Clesom is able to put it together after tonight and win the ACC, we'll have to hear the SEC homers brag all year on this game. Ugh.

On an unrelated note... I heart Erin Andrews. Not Rachel Nichols hot, but loads of cuteness.

Edited by MikelSweeten

Good lord, if 'Bama wins this game and Clesom is able to put it together after tonight and win the ACC, we'll have to hear the SEC homers brag all year on this game. Ugh.

I don't think you'll need the SEC to tell ya the conference is so far performing like shit this week, Clemson comeback or not.

Well it's safe to say I'm happy right now - Alabama DOMINATED Clemson! :D Oh, man, I'm so happy, I've been waiting for a Bama game like that for YEARS, I really hope this is the start of something big for the Tide!

Well it's safe to say I'm happy right now - Alabama DOMINATED Clemson! :D Oh, man, I'm so happy, I've been waiting for a Bama game like that for YEARS, I really hope this is the start of something big for the Tide!

I hope so, too. I don't think the Tulane game next week should be much trouble at all, I mean, stranger things have happened (ULM beating us last year), but it took me one game to have faith that this team's really gonna bust some ass this year.

Bama needs to beat Auburn to be taken seriously. That team is like Notre Dame, it gets hyped every year, and any early success will just lead to more hype. Unless they can break their streak against Auburn, its meaningless. Even if they win their half of the SEC, they gotta beat Auburn.

Cal won't win the Pac 10, but it was nice to see them pick up a decent OOC victory. Too bad Wazzou couldn't do the same.

Bama needs to beat Auburn to be taken seriously. That team is like Notre Dame, it gets hyped every year, and any early success will just lead to more hype. Unless they can break their streak against Auburn, its meaningless. Even if they win their half of the SEC, they gotta beat Auburn.

Oh, I agree with you 110%. We have to beat them this year, quite simply. Five years and zero wins versus Auburn is a pretty shit record.

I mean, stranger things have happened (ULM beating us last year), but it took me one game to have faith that this team's really gonna bust some ass this year.

That is EXACTLY why Bama has been laughed at for several years .... one game and you have faith ? laughable at best

I mean, stranger things have happened (ULM beating us last year), but it took me one game to have faith that this team's really gonna bust some ass this year.

That is EXACTLY why Bama has been laughed at for several years .... one game and you have faith ? laughable at best

Well, I'm not making any ridiculous exaggerated claims that we're going to win a national or conference title like...ahem, Clemson did.

And also, fuck you. I'm a damn near lifelong Bama fan. Fans ALWAYS have ridiculous exaggerations for success because that's what we want out of the team. We want some damn success in Tuscaloosa.

Edited by ROC

And also, fuck you. I'm a damn near lifelong Bama fan. Fans ALWAYS have ridiculous exaggerations for success because that's what we want out of the team. We want some damn success in Tuscaloosa.

You want success, got it. So do the other 100+ teams in the FBS. And also, go fuck yourself asshole. You aren't even a lifelong 'Bama fan, you said so yourself. To talk like one only makes you look like a jackass, just like telling someone fuck you for no reason. Besides, Faith is something you're supposed to have all the time, not when you feel like it. What happened to it ? I mean, if you got it back after this game against Clemson it means you lost it along the way. So yeah, again fuck yourself. A TRUE fan would never have to regain their faith. Ask DMN, he'll tell you ... HE is a true fan.

I'm a diehard FSU fan, but I'm not an idiot. If they beat Wake and go 3-0 I won't have faith in them all over again because I've maintained it despite the shit that has been their team the last five years. No, I don't have ridiculous expectations because again, I'm not an idiot.

Yeah, expecting your team to win every game every year isn't being a true fan, its being an ignorant jackass (or a Trojan!). One game might change your expectations, but beating an ACC team with a young O-Line with issues isn't exactly a feat. 'Bama could be good, but beating Clemson isn't the greatest indication that 'Bama is a world-beater, more that Clemson is overrated. Look at how the rest of the ACC did this week. VaTech got beat by Eastern Carolina. ECU.

'Having faith' doesn't mean you expect your team to win every game, either. You acknowledge when your team is down, but remain optimistic. UCLA is down right now. They have a defense, they have, arguably, the best, and most prolific, coaching staff in the nation. What they don't have is an experienced, proven QB or an offensive line. Do I think they can beat Tennessee in the opener? Yes, because its always a tough game to come to Cali, Tennessee hasn't always done well in California, and UCLA has a defense and a great coaching staff. I don't expect it though, but its well within the realms of reality.

Fuck, thats rambling.