NCAA Footbal 09 Season Thread

HailtotheYo

Thank God for Javon Ringer and Michigan St. or I would have nothing to look foward to this year.

I actually met Javon Ringer two years ago and he seemed like a cool dude and I am happy he got close to 300 yards today, even though they played FAU (who isn't that bad by the way)

Ohio State HAS to play Pryor more in the second half. The team is completely lifeless with Beckman at the helm with USC's attacking defense. Not that Pryor can bring them back, if your defense is letting them go up and down the field on every possession.

... very disappointing first half for OSU.

Edited by MikelSweeten

Uh, they can play Pryor all they want, it isn't going to matter. Ohio State = one dimensional. That dimension isn't playing tonight.

Yeah, so Oklahoma is making things look to damn easy. Way to go Purdue in screwing up that game. Way to almost screw things up ECU. Auburn and Miss St apparently think it's baseball season in the SEC, and wow .... UGA almost tanked.

The problem, is that they've still got a GREAT chance of getting into another BCS game because the Big Ten isn't all that wonderful. If Wisconsin gets past Fresno tonight, I say they and Penn State/Illinois become the favorites. But Still, there isn't a team that jumps out as able to take the crown. PSU has beat up on the lower division, Wisconsin is known for losing the big conference game, and Illinois almost didn't beat a schmuck today. So yeah, we may not have seen the end of this team this year.

I couldn't agree more. What tonight does is remove any chance OSU has of playing in the title game. And it probably starts the "Sanchez for Heisman" tour, too. But Ohio State is by no means out of the Big 10 based off tonight.

... or did I mis-read what HttK said? I thought he meant that OSU could still end up in a BCS Game (the Rose Bowl), just not THE BCS game.

Edited by MikelSweeten

Good God, you guys can talk about big finishes all you want, but Auburn/Mississippi State was downright great. I'm normally not one for the defensive battles, but damn, a lot of hard-hitting and awesome SEC football there. Great until the end.