NCAA Footbal 09 Season Thread

HailtotheYo

yes, the product of an offense that has nothing other than him should win the Heisman :rolleyes:

I'm not taking away anything from the guy but I also know that he's disappeared in big games. He hasn't faced a defense yet. Give him the Heisman if he does that against OSU/Wisconsin/Illinois .... you know, teams that actually have people on that side of the ball that's supposed to stop him. It's sad that he HAS to carry the ball 30+ times every game. Besides, the Heisman is supposed to go to the best player on the best team ... good luck with Mich St being the best team (Y)

oh, and LOL Florida

God damnit Wisconsin. We have a chance to win handily in the Big House and everything looks roses in the first half.

Then they no-show in the second and Evridge shows that he's mediocre at best.

They could've risen up the rankings this week and unfortunately they'll be falling now and god knows how far.

I like that Hailtotheking only reacts to Bama's missteps. The second half wasn't a shining moment for Alabama, but a win's a win, especially when I doubted they'd win and most certainly everyone else on here doubted they would win.

Also, big lol on the ESPN comments section in reference to Bama: "AT LEAST #2? Quit smoking crack jerk. You're WAY behbind OU, LSU and Missouri...AT LEAST. And you're not better than USC, even with one loss. Wow, Tide, Bobcats and Braves...I can only say one word: REDNECK."

I can agree with the OU and the Mizzou, but LSU? The same LSU that struggled to put away Mississippi State this week (since we're talking the polls where every week is a new performance)? And USC deserves to burn in hell. Better team, probably. But USC has one L to an unranked team and Bama doesn't at the moment.

Edited by ROC

We had a lot of slip-ups in the second half, but you can't doubt the greatness of a team that goes 31-0 in the first half, on the number 3 team in the nation. In a way, I'm sorta glad Georgia got back in it though. Georgia's my 2nd favorite team, I didn't really want them to get shut out. I was calling for a Classic game before it started.

I never outright hate Georgia, admittedly. It wasn't the "Can both teams lose" bowl that Auburn/Tennessee was, but eh. Oklahoma is a motherfucker right now, I don't like them but they're doing some stuff and in this BCS wreckage, they're about the best team out there.

Wow ROC, you're a douche. I didn't even say anything against 'Bama ... all I did was comment on the fact that Georgia came out for the second half and that 'Bama went flat. So what ? If you'd have paid attention to my other post about what was on, I wasn't even watching the game for the most part. I can't really comment on shit I didn't see can I ? Get a fucking life.

But, since you chose to dig ... then lets. 'Bama shouldn't be number one, two, or three in the polls. I'd have them solidly at number 4/5. You have OU/Mizzou/LSU that were ranked higher to start with and haven't done anything to lose their status. Don't start with the "barely beat this team" bullshit. That only matters at the END of the season. This is still the first half and most teams are in their first conference game. That Miss St team you're talking about WON MORE GAMES than 'Bama did last year. LSU hasn't ever put whippings on teams like other schools have, they've just won games. That's all that matters. But ok, you want to go on "impressive." Fine, 'Bama STILL is only 3/4 at best right now. On the impressive scale OU/Mizzou/TEXAS have all done what 'Bama is doing.

Now, that said, if 'Bama gets through this season with 1/2 losses and at least plays in the SEC Title Game ... I'll give 'em all the credit in the world. There's still lots of time left and there are still plenty of schools doing just as much if not more than 'Bama right now. They'll be in the top 5 for sure, and that's where they should be. Where were they at the start of the season ? 24th ? Yeah, after five games 24th to 4/5th is quite fine I'd think. I mean, after all they had all sorts of trouble with Tulane <_<

anyway -

yeah, so LOL Florida. I absolutely love it. 4th and 1 and you run out of shotgun ? wtf coach ?

So I give my love out to the MWC and then TCU goes and gets throttled at OK. Although, they've put up the best effort by far this year by holding OK 15 pts under their avg .... of 50.

wtf happend to UCF ? .... 50+ hung on them by UTEP ? holy shit do they miss Kevin Smith ... and anyone that graduated on D.

Thank you for finally showing up FSU offense. While it was sporadic, at least it was there. And holy hell Dakota Watson if fucking amazing. Watson for Heisman ... now.

Baby Bowden just might need a new job after today. The didn't fear the Turtle in Death Valley and the got beat. Way to collapse at the start of the season instead of the end. Are they still feeling the ass whipping from 'Bama ? ( OMG I SAYED GOODZ ON ABALAMA ! :w00t: .. douche )

ECU falls completely off the table. Holy hell how do you do that ?

eh, there's more ... those are just the ones on the tip of my tongue.

Dude, it's the internet. None of us have lives.

And I don't entirely see your argument. By the polling systems, we've already beat two top ten teams, including a team that you yourself had winning the ACC title.

Texas hasn't faced anyone with a top ten ranking this season and beat up four creampuffs, so they almost automatically have to be thrown out until that Oklahoma game.

Mizzou? Who beat what? 2-2 Illinois? Buffalo?

And that Mississippi State team is 1-4 this year. You know, this year, when things are suddenly different.

And I don't mean to be a pushy bastard but you were the type of person laughing off the idea that Bama would've even won this game today and to not overexpect things in week one. Yes, there's a lot of motherfuckers in Tuscaloosa guilty of it all the time. But we're also 5-0 against two teams that got pushed to be teams that beat us. The fucking Tuscaloosa News even said we would lose in Georgia.

I guess that means Oregon State is great seeing as how then went up 21-0.

Who are you to doubt the beaver?

Considering that there are still EIGHT teams that were ranked higher than 'Bama to start the season that are still undefeated, you could say that they should be no higher than 9th. I mean, that's how the polls work.

Yes, Texas has played jackshit state and fuckdick tech. They've also blown those four schools to the moon, which is what a dominant team is supposed to do to a creampuff, not eek out a 20-6 win against the mighty Green Wave. Oh, and I guess by your own argument you should really only be 4-0 since Western Kentucky is in the league of those Texas creampuffs. You also play Arks St in the middle of the conference schedule. 'Bama has their creampuffs too, they just scatter them across the schedule instead of frontloading. Guess what, you'll damn sure be counting them as wins at the end of the season won't you ? Fuckin A right you will. So guess what ?! Texas gets all the credit for them too. Oh, and you want to downplay Mizzou's beating of Illinois ? Fine, take some of the shine off that Clemson win you've got buddy. How quickly you get tunnel vision and only see the spin that's good for 'Bama. I like that you only see one side of things in order to put the positive spin on for 'Bama. You say that teams were favored over you like that's unfathomable. Let me guess, it was week one and this week right ? When you played teams that were ranked higher right ? Holy shit ain't that something new.

And no, I wasn't laughing at the idea that 'Bama would win today. In fact, I even PICKED THEM to win today on my ESPN College 'Pick Em. I only ranked it with 1pt ... but I still picked 'Bama. You don't know anything about me or who I think will win what game so stop putting it out there like you do.

untitled-1.jpg

Look at that .......

Next week is Homecoming for the University of Tennessee, and the Vols play Northern Illinois. I'm hoping that either Fulmer gets sense and finally benches Jonathan Crompton or the team gets slaughtered so the university will do something about the situation and either fire Fulmer (and the shitty new offensive coordinator) or force him to start Nick Stephens. Not that Crompton is the only problem - half the players can't catch even on the rare occasion he throws a decent pass, and the new offensive coordinator sucks bigtime.

Too bad Cutcliffe isn't still with the team - hope he's having fun in the football wasteland that is Duke - because I'd love it if Fulmer got canned during the season like Majors did before him, and it would kill two birds with one stone because the new offensive coordinator would likely be gone as well.

A lot of fans have wanted Fulmer fired the past couple of seasons but he's kept his job because he's had a lot of supporters amongst boosters and former alumni. If the Vols don't turn it around, I don't see how they can justify not shitcanning him after the season this time.

Edited by GhostMachine