NCAA Footbal 09 Season Thread

HailtotheYo

Is it bad that I'm rooting for Coastal Carolina to either A.) defeat my school Penn State or B.) at least make it a game?

The post-game show I'm working is gonna be piss boring when PSU blows them out and all the idiot homers call in talking about the national title the Lions are gonna win.

I wanna see a close game, I wanna see JoePa shit himself again, I wanna see the new Spread HD offense fail miserably. I want something worth talking about dammit!

Who in the Big 10 could beat Ohio State though?

I doubt it's Wisconsin, and I have this feeling it won't be Michigan either.

But did you think Illinois would beat them last year, let alone hold the ball for 7 miniutes in the 4th. Anything can happen in College Football.

Who in the Big 10 could beat Ohio State though?

I doubt it's Wisconsin, and I have this feeling it won't be Michigan either.

COULD .... Wisconsin, PSU, Michigan, Mich St, Illinois

hell, Northwestern COULD .... that's the wrong question to ask. The right question is what teams are actually good enough to do it. the teams I listed above are good enough.

I think OSU could easliy drop their game to USC, and still play in the title game. In fact, because OSU will start the season out so high, they might be able to even drop a Big 10 game on top of that and still play. Maybe. It all depends on what happens in front of them, and how highly the four letter network thinks of them. After all, LSU lost two games last year to unranked teams, and still won the BSS Title

... I wouldn't put money on it, but it could happen none the less.

Seeing as how the season actually starts in like ... an hour, I'd better get this up so it's out there before hand. My "sleepers" are noted with the double ** .... I didn't lay it all out like last year, but of course .... if anyone wants discussion I'm more than happy to do so.

SEC

EAST

Florida

Georgia

South Carolina**

Tennessee

Kentucky

Vandy

WEST

Auburn

LSU

Miss St

Ole Miss**/Alabama

Arkansas

BIG TEN

Ohio St

Wisconsin/Illinois

Penn St**

Michigan St

Michigan

Northwestern

Purdue

Iowa

Indiana

Minnesota

BIG XII

NORTH

Missouri

Kansas

Colorado**

Nebraska

Kansas St

Iowa St

SOUTH

Oklahoma

Texas

Texas Tech

A&M**

Ok St

Baylor

ACC

ATLANTIC

Clemson

FSU

Maryland**

WF

BC

NCST

COASTAL

North Carolina

VT

GT

Miami**

Duke

Virginia

PAC-10

USC

Oregon

Arizona St

Arizona**

Cal

UCLA

Stanford**

Oregon St

Washington

Washington St

BIG EAST

USF

PITT

WV

Rutgers

Uconn**/Cincy

Louisville

Syracuse

MT WEST

TCU

Utah

BYU

New Mexico

Wyoming**

UNLV

SDSU

Air Force

CSU

CONF USA

EAST

ECU

UCF

USM

Marshall**

Memphis

UAB

WEST

Tulsa

Houston

Rice**

Tulane

UTEP

SMU

WAC

Fresno St

Boise St

Nevada

New Mex St**

Hawaii

San Jose St

LT

UtahSt/ Idaho

MAC

EAST

BG

Miami

Buffalo

Temple

Kent St**

Ohio

Akron

WEST

Western Michigan

Central Michigan

Ball St

Northern Illinois**

Toledo

Eastern Michigan

SUN BELT

FAU

Troy

Ark St

NT**

ULM

ULL

Mid Tenn

FIU

WK* not eligible for standings till next year, otherwise they'd be further up <_<

I'm looking at some very good conference rades this year. The Big East should be the most entertaining and fun to watch battle all season long. Out of the entire conference only Syracuse has no real shot at the conference title. All the other teams can make a claim for it that isn't THAT far fetched.

The SEC could be better than last year, and that's just scary. Everyone bitches about the SEC bias and all that crap. Well, everyone fails to realize that the SEC simply beats the shit out of any other conference. UF/UGA/LSU/Aub alone are as good/better than any other teams top four EASILY. We already know that the Big 10 doesn't match up at all <_< .... Seriously though, this is the deepest and most talented league overall. Hell, even Vandy plays quality ball now. Think about it, only Ole Miss (if you think they're only winning 3 games this year you're on the wrong track) and Vandy weren't bowl eligible and Vandy won 5 games so they were only one away.

The second teir of the Big 10 (meaning those below Ohio St and above Minnesota) are going to have a fun time sorting it out. What's Michigan going to do ? Is Mich St going to ever show up for a full season ? Can Penn St play to their potential ? Does Wisconsin finally get the monkey off their back ? What happened to Iowa ? Will people finally figure out that Zook is a damn good coach ? Why won't Purdue just roll over already ? Yeah, it'll be fun until bowl season <_<

The Big 12 is supposedly going to house the biggest surprise of the year in TT. I'll believe it when I see it. They've been picked as the breakout team for more years than Favre said he was going to retire ... ... ..... and we know how long that's been going on. They can't break the 9 win barrier no matter how many teams' seasons they fuck up (see Clemson). The balance is finally starting to shift again as the North looks to be MUCH improved, and has the two fastest rising teams in the conference (Nebraska/Colorad - God I can't wait for this game to be important again). The South is in transition as even Texas is a little "down" .... which means they'll go 10-4 or some shit <_<.

The ACC might be the most wide open conference in the nation. If Clemson can't at least get to the title game this year I'll never pick them to win the conference again <_< ... until next year. Outside of Clemson there isn't a "clear cut" powerhouse but you've got like 5 teams on the verge of busting out. The coastal division especially is going to be fun ..... North Carolina might be the best team. Don't give Butch Davis an open door.

The Pac-10 ... USC and a bunch of other schools. That is all.

Is it bad that I'm rooting for Coastal Carolina to either A.) defeat my school Penn State or B.) at least make it a game?

The post-game show I'm working is gonna be piss boring when PSU blows them out and all the idiot homers call in talking about the national title the Lions are gonna win.

I wanna see a close game, I wanna see JoePa shit himself again, I wanna see the new Spread HD offense fail miserably. I want something worth talking about dammit!

Well, it's 0-14 in the 1st with like 3 1/2 minutes left, so..I'm sorry.

I do love that Bama/Clemson is the featured game, though I fear that we're far too overrated too quickly. Yeah, we've got good freshmen, but we certainly don't know how they play in a big game situation, and this tonight is a huge game situation. Glad to hear the focus being on Bama and Clemson, but if Bama doesn't follow through with a good performance, that attention will be for naught.

It wasn't a horrific break or anything, but with the way it happened it could range from something small that will only sideline him for the rest of the game or it could be as bad as Mofo predicted, it's just a game of wait-and-see.

The real story of today, is ECU and them beating the highly overrated VT team. The best part is that it was Beamer Ball that did it. I think that HttK guy picked it a couple of pages back ..... that, and Stanford to beat Oregon State ..... :shifty: .... yeah, I think he did

Edited by HailtotheKing

The school I go to BGSU went into Pitt and beat them by 10 which should help erase some of the memory of the 63-7 beatdown we took in our bowl game. A win against Minnesota and Boise St. could land us enough votes to break the top 25, I am just being opptimisitc but we shall see.

BG is good, real good. They've got a shot against Minnesota but Boise St might be a stretch. I've got them placed very well in the MAC. It was a GREAT win for them .... and on the other side of that -> fucking pitt ..... grrrr

and uh, Clemson better wake the fuck up, now.