I'm Fucking Completing You!

zero

Alright, so I came up with a little idea based off Benji's thread about games just sitting on your shelf. Well, let's do something about it and stop wasting the money we spent, dust off a game and fucking complete it already. I'm tempted to make this Coin-Op's version of a book club, where a group of us pick a game and work on it at the same time, so if you guys want to do that let me know. Or if you wanna just make it a giant clusterfuck, we can do that too.

So I started off today by dusting off a relatively newer game sitting on my shelf - Super Paper Mario. I got it when I bought my Wii and stopped playing soon after for reasons I can't remember, but I decided to pick back up with it today. Fun game, got through the first big level and got the first Pure Heart that you actually have to earn in the game. Glad I got back into it, it's a fun game and hopefully I can breeze through it and move along to something else.

Your turn.

Edited by Zero

I actually used that other thread as motivation to continue with GTA, which I did last night. I had just finished Three Leaf Clover, and now I've done "Smackdown," "Long Way To Fall" and "I Need Your Clothes, Your Boots...".

I stopped playing after failing the one where Roman got kidnapped twice, so I'll probably get that done later.

If I had Super Paper Mario, I'd try to complete it. That game was rad.

And I was all the way up until the final battle in Chrono Trigger. I was just leveling up before I was going to go at it, then my save got corrupted and I lost all motivation. Then, I sold my PSX. :(

Oh, and I've still got GTA IV and Silent Hill 2 to complete. I think I might take a stab at some GTA IV now. We'll see how that goes.

I think Oblivion has got SO bored with me not doing much of the main quest that it's forcing me into it by opening up random Oblivion gates all over the place much to my annoyance. I'm trying to ignore them but ran into a massive minotaur on the road to Bruma yesterday.

I really need to find all those stupid plants to get myself back into the Mage's Guild before I carry on with the main quest.

I only have the Flopside/Flipside Pit Of 100 Trials left to do I think on Super Paper Mario (whichever one has the Dark things and that you have to beat twice), so this one should be pretty simple for me actually.

I think Oblivion has got SO bored with me not doing much of the main quest that it's forcing me into it by opening up random Oblivion gates all over the place much to my annoyance. I'm trying to ignore them but ran into a massive minotaur on the road to Bruma yesterday.

I really need to find all those stupid plants to get myself back into the Mage's Guild before I carry on with the main quest.

Right there with you on Oblivion :| I can't for the life of me be bothered to go find them.

I think I'll be joining up by attempting to complete the last mission on both Battle for Middle Earth I & II.

I may have come up with the perfect strategy as well... I'll create nothing but Trolls and Trolls alone!

It would really help if I could play Silent Hill 2 for more than an hour. Seriously, that game still scares the shit out of me. For example, I'm walking down a hallway and hear the 'static' to indicate a monster is near. I pan the camera around and see nothing, then turn back around and BOOM, standing behind some bars under a spooky-ass fucking red light is Pyramid Head, just staring. So, I walk into the nearby room, and what do I see? A fucking corpse splayed out on a chair in front of a TV that's all bloodied up. Said corpse was not in the room before I saw Pyramid Head. =/

I finally get to finish Grand Theft Auto IV in a few days.

I've got pretty shit vision and I've been suffering through playing on a 13-inch television set. This was all well and good until I lost my glasses. Luckily, one of my best friends is getting an HD TV tomorrow and he's gonna give me his old 30-inch.

I'm pumped.

Edited by The Rated-R Superstar

I traded in Oblivion ages ago.

I was on the last quest and it auto saved and was the only save i had and i got stuck at the same bit near the end with no health what so ever and no items to help get my health up. Just dreadful and i got annoyed so didn't play it anymore.

Dead Rising...finished before left it to collect dust and tried it again only to like not complete it.

Also Call of Duty 4 on Veteran i want to do it, i try to do it, i fail and i fuck off and do something else.

I remember playing the 1st Condemned at my mates...Mate was telling me it was scary at times and he had the curtains closed was like alright i'll have a go and help you finish. Walking around something jumps out proper crap myself. Find a gun i'm like yes got a gun eat bullets monster!!! Gun only has two bullets doesn't kill him and than he just beats the crap out of me :(

GTA III too i still haven't finished and it's just sitting on a shelf tried to complete it done most of it and than it's the same mission all the time with Donald Love where i gotta go the airport and the friggin Columbian s are bastards and kill him or kill me.

• 2 weeks later...

So out of sheer bordem, I reverted back to a PS1 game I never got to complete. I remember I got far, very near the end of the second disc, but never completed it.

That game was Chase The Express. Also known as Covert Ops: Nuclear Dawn to you yanks.

It was ok. If I played it then, it would probably seem better, but now just seemed slow. Running, loading screens etc. The gist of it is you're on a train that some terrorists wanna blow up. Play's kinda like Resident Evil meets Syphon Filter and Metal Gear Solid. The worst part of it, you make it down to car 4 after going through the doors, or up to the roof through a hatch and climb down another hatch a few cars down because the car is conviently out, then you get word that something's going down back in car 16, so you have to go agonisingly slowly back. Ugh.

I need to complete the England file I have on FM08, I have them in Euro 2008 but I am yet to get to the first game they have to play. I may play it after, it depends on how much I have to drink.

Grand Theft Auto IV is another one I need to get around to doing as well, I will some this week when I have time. I always end up fucking about on it in the end.

I've got Oblivion too complete which I bought today. Played for an hour or two and got very bored of it. Really don't like it at the moment. I'll keep hold of it though, see if I feel any different in the coming months. Only cost me £13.49 pre-owned when I traded in some really old PS2 games. So, I didn't really pay full price to be honest, so it's not really worth taking a pre-owned game back and saying it doesn't work for a refund. <_<

Also want to do Assassin's Creed again for some reason. I'll definitely be on that soon. Going to pick up something with good online as well; any suggestions? I have CoD4 by the way, so not that. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Crono Trigger, I have always started a game and just got too lazy to finish it.. Usually get 3-4 hours in and get bored.. start up a game of Mario RPG or Earthbound.. as Crono has the lack comedy that keeps me playing a RPG..

My list of games to finish this year on my SNES9x..

Earthbound - Nearly done.. I think I just finished the 7th sanctuary but haven;t fired it up in a few months.

Zelda: LttP - At Turtle Rock.. Nuff Said. I hate that dungeon.

Super Mario World - Keyboards suck.. I need to get a controller to finish Gnarly [special World 2]

Donkey Kong Country - I must finish this game sometime this decade.

Super Metroid - The second I get a controller for my PC this game is getting played.. I had it when I was a kid and I sucked mad ass at it so I foolishly sold it for UMK3, College Slam, NHL 98 and Madden 97.. I should be shot, in the face, 32987327632 times to repent for my sins. Fell in love with the franchise again when I got my GCN and "borrowed" my neighbours copy of Metroid Prime.. I would still be playing it if my cunt of an ex didn;t throw my GCN against a wall.

Those are the main ones I must complete.. my life will be in complete if I don;t finish Crono and Metroid.. oh and Super Mario 2 on All Stars is another I have to complete.