The Day That Never Comes

tristy

In other Metallica news, on the albums release in the O2 something or other that's similarily titled to the O2 Arena in London, they're playing a gig in Berlin where tickets cost... 10 euros! Then on the 14th in the 02 Arena itself in London, they play a gig for £5! And all ticket proceeds go to local charities! Wow.

Either Metallica for £5 in London or Madonna played her tour opener in the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff on Saturday with tickets costing £50 - 75? Someone even paid £250 to get into the "golden circle". Apparently she was even late. No comparison really. Especially since Madonna is shit. :shifty:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well in Wisconsin a few years ago, it was $80 a ticket to see Metallica/Godsmack which is way too fucking much.

So luckily Godsmack had an show on an off date from that tour so I was them for like $25.

And on the new album front, I actually quite like My Apocalypse.

The Unforgiven III

...hahahahahaha, what.

Man, The Unforgiven II was a silly and stupid song. "It's like the first one, but with country guitars and wimminz." I can't imagine what possessed them to make a third one.

In other news, the Plain White T's have announced that next month they'll be releasing "Hey There Delilah II: Hey There Delilah-er."

The entire album is getting played on XM radio on Thursday night. I assume it'll be widely available on the internet by Friday.

I found it interesting it going on sale on a Friday in the first place. Normally the CDs arrive to stores on Thursdays and sit until Tuesdays. Back when I was working at the local K-Mart before it closed, you could pick stuff up four days before it was supposed to be released. I thought the Friday release date was to counter any potential of that, but in this digital world we live...

It's a good album, not the greatest, but definitely going to be in my CD player for the next few weeks. The singles have already been talked about, so I'll go on about my favorites from the rest of the album, or things that are interesting to me.

First off is The Unforgiven III, which is vastly different from the other two Unforgiven songs. I remember reading somewhere that they wrote the song first, at least the music for it, and then titled it The Unforgiven III. The verses are a lot heavier than you would expect from The Unforgiven series, and the chorus took me a while to get into. Still pretty decent.

Second the snare I was talking about isn't as much as a factor when I was listening to it in my car or through my headphones, on the opening track "That Was Just Your Life." Speaking of which kicks off the album quite nicely, and the very beginning of the song reminds me of the older days of Metallica with the cleanly distorted arpeggios and then kicking off into the "meat" of the song. Great opener.

Kirk has some great solos on this album, and I found myself saying "fuck yeah" when listening to the solo on "The End of the Line" when it switched into a wah distortion, was quite kick-ass.

"All Nightmare Long" harks back to the older thrash days for me, very fast and has some awesome riffs. Definitely one of my favorites, if not my favorite song so far.

"The Judas Kiss" is not as bad as I thought it would be reading some reviews, pretty entertaining throughout. "Suicide and Redemption" starts off a little slow for me, and then picks up speed as it goes along.

As I said earlier, not the greatest album ever, but it's definitely one of the better albums of the year for me. I can tell that future listens will make it even better for me.

So it looks like No Mercy is gonna be the PPV of the year, just by theme song alone :P.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/nomercy/exclusives/nomercytheme

zOMG! TWO MAJOR BANDS THAT AREN'T POST-GRUNGE DOING THEMES FOR PPVS 2 MONTHS IN A ROW!?