Hip Hop Thread?!

David Hassellhoff

Anyone seen Chali 2na's new project? (It's not brand new, but I only found out last week) I've been sitting on my ass for like four years waiting for him to put out his solo album, what's he doing in the mean time? He's gone and put out a Hip-Hop album for toddlers.

Damn you 2na.

I WANT MY SOLO ALBUM.

YOU PUT OUT THE PREVIEW FOUR YEARS AGO.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Kid Rock still count as a Hip Hop Artist? Loved the hell out of his latest CD.

Edited by Zeel1

Can we get another Roots album? :( Maybe a new Blackstar album? Something without Akon or T-Pain on it?

The Roots just came out with one in April <_<

Another album that leaked recently that's really good is Murs for President. Murs has been an underground rapper for what seems like forever now, and this album is being released on Warner Bros. records, which is his first major release. I definitely recommend it, he's one of the best lyricists, and the 9th Wonder beats on the album are amazing. Also, there's been like 4 songs that have leaked off Q-Tip's new album, which means it's being released soon. Glad to hear since it's been delayed forever.

Edited by reyrey619

• 3 weeks later...

LAX has grown on me quite a bit. 'State Of Emergency' is one of the best songs in years, just really catchy, best on the album if you ask me. Hated 'Dope boys' at first, yet it's really grown on me now.

As for Ice Cubes album, fantastic. Some of his best stuff in a long time, some great lyrics in it too. Proves why he's still one of the best of all time and probably underrated at times. Favorite track is 'Why Me' and 'Jack n The Box', while 'Take Me Away' is yet another standout track. Although I think the entire album is brilliant, apart from 'I Got My Locs On'.

My mate text me yesterday to tell me that Kanos new album, 140 Grime Street is the album of the year. Anyone got it?

Certainly not the album of the year, but it's really good. Kano has some fantastic lyrics and this album shows it again. I'd recommend getting the album if you're into the type of music he makes. Heck, get it even if you aren't, because it's worth the listen. I like the majority of tunes on it but 'I Like It' stands out a lot, great beat and just sounds great. Skepta delivers on 'These MCs' as well with his catchy beat and chorus. Overall really good album, not the best of the year, but very good.

Anyone seen Chali 2na's new project? (It's not brand new, but I only found out last week) I've been sitting on my ass for like four years waiting for him to put out his solo album, what's he doing in the mean time? He's gone and put out a Hip-Hop album for toddlers.

Damn you 2na.

I WANT MY SOLO ALBUM.

YOU PUT OUT THE PREVIEW FOUR YEARS AGO.

Yes, but that album for toddlers has Ladybug Mecca on it. And nothing with Ladybug Mecca can ever be bad (case in point: the track she's on with Del in his most recent album). Now if only Digable Planets would release a new record already, they've been reformed for what, three years now?

I bought the NWA's "Straight Outta Compton" album the other day (20th Anniversary Edition) along with T.I.'s "T.I. Vs. T.I.P." album. Both are great, and I can't wait to get me some more T.I. I believe he is slowly becoming my favorite artist which used to be held by Kanye West until he decided to just sing the entire 808's and Heartbreaks album.

Bought OutKast's Aquemini and Ghostface's Bulletproof Wallets, Pretty Toney Album, Fishscale and More Fish on the internet yesterday. Been trying to get into some more Wu lately, unfortunately the sound on the first records excluding 36 Chambers is just a little too simplistic for me (obviously the lyrics on them are some of the best but likewise obviously the beats catch my ear first... and if they don't, then uh oh). Of course after the first solo albums the quality quite drastically drops except for Ghost and maybe the GZA, so it's a bit of shame. Maybe one day I'll learn to appreciate the beats on Ironman :D

With Blueprint 3, Method Man's and Redman's Blackout! 2 and Ludacris' Theater of the Mind still on the way, it should be a great last few months in 2008. Hell, Kanye's album? I'll buy that too, Love Lockdown and Heartless haven't sounded bad at all to me. The rest of the internet seems to disagree. Greatly.