Hip Hop Thread?!

David Hassellhoff

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, wish Crooked I would just concentrate on getting his friggin debut album out already. This guy has to be one of the only people who've been in the rap game for damn near twenty years and have released no albums. Budden, you too (except for the twenty years part)! Joell Ortiz, you too! Well, his previous album was okay but I'd like to see another one. Don't really care much about Royce frankly.

Untitled, for sure. I also have a soft spot for the new Ice Cube album, despite the fact that it's kinda like Laugh Now, Cry Later - There are a fair number of hot songs on the album, but towards the end it gets really weak.

Uh, wish Crooked I would just concentrate on getting his friggin debut album out already. This guy has to be one of the only people who've been in the rap game for damn near twenty years and have released no albums. Budden, you too (except for the twenty years part)! Joell Ortiz, you too! Well, his previous album was okay but I'd like to see another one. Don't really care much about Royce frankly.

20 years? I knew he's been around for a while, but DAMN! Reminds me of Percee P. I downloaded all his Hip-Hop Weeklys and burnt them to discs, so that satisfies me...

Rap is basicly all I listen to, although I am very open-minded, on my computer and in my album collection (Yes, I do buy CDs) you'll find Lil Wayne, Jay-Z, a little 50 Cent, as well as Jedi Mind Tricks, Brotha Lynch, Murs, Atmosphere, Wu-Tang and NWA, and you will also find Nine Inch Nails, Sublime, Marvin Gaye, Prince and the Isley Brothers, and some dance/DnB/House music, among others.

As of right now, I've been listening to alot of Chino XL's debut album, although I think he advanced as an actual song writer on "I Told You So," his similes are more intense and more frequent on his debut, combined with classics like "Kreep," "Rise," "No Complex," and "Riott" and I really can't decide which ones better. Also been listening to alot Ras Kass (As always, he's probably my favorite emcee of all time) and Kool G. Rap (Tied with Ras)

And to add to the Wu-Tang debate, LA The Darkman's "Heist of the Century" is probably the best Wu-Tang affiliate album imho.

New Q-Tip is fantastic. As a huge Tribe fan, it gives me hope that they might have another classic album in them if they ever decided to do it. My only concern is how history has been to Phife, because Ventilation was not good.

Who votes for these award shows. I watched the BET Awards...(first awards show I watched in a few years) and Lil Wayne actually won Lyricist of the Year. He beat Jay-Z....Jay-Z! The Carter III is won of the most lyrically challenged albums I have ever heard, and he won. American Gangster is a magnificant record. It ranks right behind The Blueprint and right before Reasonable Doubt, and Jay lost to Wayne. Not to mention The Cool wasn't even nominated. Award shows are nothing but jokes now.

• 2 weeks later...