NHL 2K9 / NHL 09

Toe

I'm not sure why, but it's hard as hell for me to score on All-Star when I'm playing a regular game. I started a Canadiens Cup Tournament as the Wings... I have 7 goals in 4 games. 2 of which came from Marian Hossa.

Also, shot totals are coming out to something like 30-10 every game in my favor. I know I shoot a lot when I'm frustrated, but the computer's lack of shooting is unusual. Worse even, they've still defeated me 3 times with less than 15 shots each game.

Granted, two of those defeats came by way of shootout (and I definately suck at that)... so they would have been wins if I could have scored in regulation, and at 30+ shots per game, I should be able to do that.

I'm just a little worried here. Pro is way too easy... but I don't want to start a dynasty where I can't score, despite putting up that many shots, and I lose often, despite only having 10 or so shots against. It really does a lot of damage to my goalies stats if his save percentage is less than .900 because the computer doesn't shoot enough.

Fuck... I just realized that I can play around with the sliders to fix that. Silly me.

EDIT: Osgood is a siv. If you're playing as Detroit, use Conklin. At least then when you let in elementary goals, you sort of expect it. <_<

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have difficulty scoring in BAP, not sure why :( Am I a broken sniper? Also, playing on the second line for the Marlies, and we are 4-3 I think, and I am leading the team in goals (5 I think), points (only one assist), and Penalty Minutes (28....I fight when we lose)

So, who'll play tonight? Dragsy, myself....I think Maxx, and hopefully Toe and Will.

I get off work in 3 hours, and have to drive my roommate somewhere, and if I do do anything with my roommates geekwise, I will most likely be playing at 7pm my time, 9pm Will/Maxx/Toe's time. Otherwise, I should be on at 5:30ish.

No play without me :(

And quick question: who are the CPU players on the team? Bunch of random names?

Hilarious.

So I showed up at the Hoc House and they were all gone, but BAM! Big screen and 09 sitting there. So I dabbled. I started just on pro, with the Rangers (Wolfpac). I did an offensive defensmen, and im like a minus 2, but in 4 or 5 games I can't find the net. I don't take any shitty penalties, I can't really even get an assist. I'm finding it a little hard, but not endlessly challenging. I imagine playing forward can make it much easier to net points though.

Oh and that glitch was fucked. Happened a few times. You go to change on the fly, and your guy just stands by the bench. The play goes into your zone, so you try a poke check maybe skate a stride or two towards the play, but then you go back to change.... to which, nobody does.

Edited by Mike Ockizitchy