Mortal Kombat movie

Lint

So I was watching the original Mortal Kombat movie tonight. I loved the movie as a kid and think its still one of the better game-to-movie adaptations made thus far. But watching it made me appreciate the fight scenes for their simpleness.

It was good to see an american made film, based on martial arts, as they were made 10+ years ago. Before wires, CGI etc..became the norm and fight scenes were filmed at this "superfast" speedthats the current trend.

If you look at the MK movies simply as B-Movies then they become some of the more priceless in their genre, anyone who takes them SUPER SERIOUS really needs to have their brain checked because as they are they're wonderful mind numbingly stupid films based on wonderful mind numbingly stupid games.

Mortal Kombat is actually a good movie. Not an epic award winner, but its entertaining and cool. It's a good fighting movie.

The second film is bad. Really bad. It's so bad that it goes past "Oh, its so bad its good!". Annihilation is so bad that it is not watchable for me.

Was it Annihilation that had the Animality at the end? If so that one was fucking dumb. But the first one was good when it ended and the theme song played. It was campy but I marked.

Yup. Annihilation had the horrible CGI Animalities. The graphics were worse then the first movie, which had decent CGI effects for its time.

In honour of this thread, I started watching the first one on my way to work this morning. It's pretty much exactly how I remember. Which is awesome.

I love how casual everyone is.

> Hey Johnny, the media says you suck, you should probably enter this martial arts tournament.

- Ok cool

> Hey johnny, suprise, you're actually fighting for the fate of the world

- Ok cool

> Hey Sonia, watch this *Makes wierd scorpion rope thing come from hand*

- Ok cool

> Hey everyone I'm a big ass dragon human hybrid with four arms

- Ok cool

We'll ignore Annihilation because it deserves it, despite the loverly Princess Kitana (Talisa Soto was pretty hot for a few years back in the day) it make stupidities like killing Johnny Cage who was the coolest part of the first film, swapping Rayden (Lambert was irreplacable), Sonya Blade and having the stupid CGI that looked more like charmless Harryhausen.

The first movie was loadsa fun.

Also the guy who played Shang Tsung is playing Heihachi in the Tekken movie! Groovyness!

It's beautiful cheese. The Scorpion fight in the orchard was fantastic as was Sub Zero's entrance. Kano was funnyness, Rayden's "I don't THINK so" was cool and Johnny Cage was just slick throughout.

Brainless brilliance.

We'll ignore Annihilation because it deserves it, despite the loverly Princess Kitana (Talisa Soto was pretty hot for a few years back in the day) it make stupidities like killing Johnny Cage who was the coolest part of the first film, swapping Rayden (Lambert was irreplacable), Sonya Blade and having the stupid CGI that looked more like charmless Harryhausen.

The first movie was loadsa fun.

Also the guy who played Shang Tsung is playing Heihachi in the Tekken movie! Groovyness!

It's beautiful cheese. The Scorpion fight in the orchard was fantastic as was Sub Zero's entrance. Kano was funnyness, Rayden's "I don't THINK so" was cool and Johnny Cage was just slick throughout.

Brainless brilliance.

Your kidding? James Remar was ace as Raiden! You can tell he took the role REALLY seriously.

While we're on the subject, the Mortal Kombat theme might be the phatest tune of all time.

Linked for amazing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ0fFgU22ls

You know what, fuck this. I'm ordering the soundtrack.

Bonus metal version:

Fucking eh.

The only downside is that I will be humming that all week.