Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

I wish this scout was watching my school's football games:

Scout.jpg

Apparently he plays best as a striker, but is equally good as a player. If he joins he'll be the 8th best striker in my team (we only currently have 7 strikers...). He has the potential to possibly be good enough to play in the league I'm trying to get out of. So in conclusion, he's a decent player.

I have to sign him. I can't miss out on the chance to sign someone who'll be my worst striker in the whole team, and might one day be good enough to play in the league I'm in. He can even play as a player!

Can't beat the player I looked at the other day who'd be the 5th best central defender at my club.... I currently have 3 professional central defenders (and one of those is on loan).

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have found one bug that is annoying. Sometimes at half time I can't get to my opposition instructions tab, even tho its there it vanishes when I click on it. Comes back after half time tho. Is it just me?

I think... THINK... I'm starting to get the hang of this 'football' malarky.

Started another demo quickstart in Italy, unemployed. Took over Legnano (the only managerless team in Italy at the game's start, Lega Pro Prima Divisione A, which is their third tier, just below Serie B (as far as I can gather, LPP Divisone B is at the same level, kinda like Blue Square North/South)). Media Prediction: 12th, Board Target: Safe mid-table. There are 18 teams in the division. One up, one down, 2nd - 5th and 14th - 17th go into a Playoff and a Playout respectively, where the winners play the winners of the league above/below's playoff/playout (so the winner of our Playoffs plays the winner of the Serie B Playout) for the spot in the higher division. Not sure how Playouts work, as it doesn't make any sense that the 'winning' team is the one that has a chance of going down, while the other three are safe... but I'm sure it'll make sense when it happens (which it won't, because the demo will run out before then). Also, we have a sexy pink kit.

I qualified for the second round of the TIM Cup (it's like a friendly competition, I think. Takes place mainly in pre-season) which is all that was expected of me, before being narrowly beaten by Serie B side Avellino. In the Coppa Itallia I was expected to get to the first round (which is the round I start in ¬_¬), but after an epic 2-2 draw and victory on penalties against Taranto (the team that are top of, and running away with, the 'B' version of the league that I'm in) which delighted the fans, we're into the second round, against Padova who I just beat in the league (they're promotion chasers).

As for the league, I'm 8 games in. W3 D2 L3, which leaves me sitting pretty in 8th. Both draws an all three losses were against promotion-hunting teams (except the 3-2 loss in Cesena, who WERE promotion chasing at the time, but have now spontaneously combusted), and the three wins include a 5-0 riot away at relegation-threatened Pergocrema, a 1-0 home win over title favourites Verona and the above mentioned 1-0 home win at Padova.

So all in all, the fans are happy, the chairman is happy, the players are happy (especially Laurent Lanteri, the 8 goals in 8 games super striker who's form will doubtless dry up soon and leave me bollocksed again), so... it seems to be going well.

Transfer-wise, I've only really made three impactful signings; Innocenti on loan from Genoa, a good young left winger. Alessandro Turchetta, an old favourite of mine from the days when I used to play as San Marino and manage club and country, and a Finnish goalkeeper from Sienna who's turned out to be phenomenal. All my strikers except Lanteri suck though... oh well.

Oh, and my fixture list for the next few weeks sucks balls, I've got to play all of the top teams, mostly away. :(

Edited by Farmer Reil

Done it. For anyone else wanting to do it you need to right click on the shortcut (probably on your desktop), go to properties, go to the shortcut tab and add " -small_screen -windowed" to the end of the target without the "" obviously.

Weirdest thing: France just sacked their manager after the second World Cup group match. They lost to Spain 1-0, but have Cameroon in their last match and can still qualify. Claude Puel has been hired in his place.

Never had that happen before.

There;s a box that says display full screen, just untick it

Or if that was last years I think there's a multi-option box asking for the resolution. Change if from X by Y to Boxed

Apparently you can only do that if you have a resolution > 1024x768. There is an option that says "Windowed" but it's greyed out.

Or if that was last years I think there's a multi-option box asking for the resolution. Change if from X by Y to Boxed

Apparently you can only do that if you have a resolution > 1024x768. There is an option that says "Windowed" but it's greyed out.

Do you have a shortcut on your desktop that you launch FM from?

If you do copy and paste this into the box that says target (assuming you installed it in the default file path...)

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" -windowed -small_screen

The whole thing, including the " goes into the target box, click apply and launch from that shortcut from now on.

Do you have a shortcut on your desktop that you launch FM from?

If you do copy and paste this into the box that says target (assuming you installed it in the default file path...)

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" -windowed -small_screen

The whole thing, including the " goes into the target box, click apply and launch from that shortcut from now on.

Found it out about an hour ago bud ;) I posted it about 4 posts back :)

Haha. Fucking awesome. Just thrashed Premiership Bolton 4-1 in the Carling Cup QF, and this after beating Premiership Reading 2-0 in the last round. One more win away from Wembley :D Tenner says I get Scum or Arsenal and not Middlesborough <_<

Edit: Yep. Scum or Citeh...

Edited by - Matt -