Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Apparently there's a bug where the FA Cup draw is regionalised up until the 5th round. Portsmouth get Southampton a lot, Man United and City draw each other a lot (and Burnley) and whatever else. Apparently they just included the fact that preliminary rounds are draw like this and somehow it ended up applying to half the competition.

I'm gonna say Man United since Matt is a Leeds fan.

Got it in one. Also Galatasaray. But I generally call them Turkscum or Galascum to differentiate.

What about Scumatasary? <_<

Just got employed by Hyde, and the team sucks and I have no wage budget leftover to start with. Gonna be a long season.

Would explain why I'm constantly drawing Bradford, Hull, The Sheffields and Huddersfield.

I love Delph... and Mifsud. But mainly Delph since he was the one who scored the goal that brought us back into it. It was beautiful, a 30 yard screamer.

yayup6.jpg

I stormed out of a press conference for the first time. Was probably cos I'm on a 5 match losing streak, the latest being to Charlton in the League Cup <_<

Nothing is working to fix this either :(

Edit1: haha, sent my assistant manager along to the next question and he ended up storming out of that one too. Awesome.

Edit2: Something finally may have worked. Did some subtle changes to the team tactics and also had both central mids making lots of forward runs, to support my lone striker (also have AML, AMR and DM). Beat Crystal Palace 4-0 away with 3 goals coming from the CMs (2 to Huddlestone off the bench, one to Ferguson) making a run into the box. Also may have something to do with the fact Palace are rubbish and prior to our match had only scored 1 and conceded 26 in 12. Amazingly, they have a win and a draw out of that >_>

Edited by Zaz

I'm thinking about having a bit of an all nighter with this tonight, never really got into one with 08 because it started to annoy me after a while with the 'random' games where you'd have 25 chances and not score only to lose 1-0 to the oppositions only attack.

Enjoying my Newcastle game at the moment though. Undefeated in my second season with about 13 games gone, third in the league because we've drawn a few games we should've won. Vagner Love has only played a couple of games because of a series of annoying injuries, although Xisco is doing alright alongside Czech wonderkid Tomas Necid.

Mike Ashley's gone as well, sold to local businessman Jordan Spence. When he first came in my positions was under review because he wanted to appoint Alan Curbishley (yeah I know), but decided against it and asked me to stay on. Didn't get any extra money though which is a bit annoying, we've still got nothing in the bank.

UEFA Cup campaign is going well, top of my group with 7 points from 4 games. It's a decent looking group, Valenciennes and Anderlecht are decent whilst Debrecen are the whipping boys.

I swear to fuck if one more team offers me less than 5mil for Elano, I'm gonna stab somebody.

I know, I got that in the demo when I was mucking around with Man United.

Me: "Tevez for £25m, who wants him?"

Real Madrid: "Here's £25m cash all upfront!"

Me: "Accepted! Anyone else?"

Arsenal: "£15m, but only £5m upfront, the rest in instalments."

Me: "No chance, I need it all upfront just like Real."

Arsenal: "OK, how about £20m, but all in instalments."

Me: "...no, I need it all now. And it's £25m."

Arsenal: "OK, how about £17m, all in instalments."

Me: "No chance, that's less than the last one! Refused, I'm not haggling any more."

2 days pass.

Arsenal: "OK, how about £15m..."

Me: "No! Fuck off!"

I hate how I let my emotions dictate my game. Apparently I have a solid 21 year old defender at H&W Welders but he fucked up three games in a row so I finally decided to sell him to Montrose in Scotland after they asked everyday for 2 weeks.

And can someone please tell me how to transfer games from the demos?

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU WIN AWAY ON THIS CUNTING GAME?! :@

Send me your tactics, and I'll send you mine. I've drawn 5 straight games at home.

I just won my first away game of the season at Hull, which isn't really saying much. It's a start though.

And I hate having no money for the January window. So boring :(