Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think a patch was released to fix...stuff.

The only thing I'm certain that it did fix (I don't have the game, nor have I visited the website...my mate told me) was reduce the likeliness of Derby matches happening in the early rounds of cup competitons.

I actually said to him that it was a bug within the game before when he told me of about 4 different Derby's that had been drawn in an early round of the cup.

Question about the patch does it just update the game as in if i load my current game up the new patch will work with that or do i have to start a new game like on old FM's if i'm using Steam?

:bang:

The media are shouting down my throat at leaving out Steven Gerrard for a match against Belarus... despite him being injured for at least three weeks anyway

They're also complaining about me taking out players who I've not used once so far during these qualifiers now there are younger better players who aren't injured now (eg, P. Neville, James and Ledley King for Richards, Hart and Milner)

I'm just guessing this is a conspiracy against having more than four Aston Villa players in an England squad.

Question about the patch does it just update the game as in if i load my current game up the new patch will work with that or do i have to start a new game like on old FM's if i'm using Steam?

The patch (all the game fixes and so on) is save game compatible. I think there's also a database update, though - which would only affect new games.

Apparently there's a weird bug in the new patch, so beware. I've seen a couple of examples of players appearing in the first team squad on massive wages, seemingly coming from the B team or something. I'm not sure if this only affects Spain, since the two reports were from teams there. They were both on 5 year contracts on wages of 50k and 65k, neither worth more than 100k (or any good.)

Alright I want to start a new game. I'd pick some obscure lower league team but I hate played wit ha team when I don't know personnel.

So if anyone could give me 'rules' or something like that it would be great. Like pick a club either in the premiership or another high league and add some transfer rules and player rules it would be great,

So, I am in my second year at Djerv (Norwegian Second Division Group 3) and we finished 11 out of 14 last year, avoiding relegation which is something that shocked the press. This is my first dive into FM games and Ringy thinks I am crazy for taking this route. I don't expect anyone to recognize anyone on the squad as who gives a shit about Norway, right? :shifty:

My squad for this coming season is:

GK - Johannes Holten

DR - Oystein Djupnes

DL - Marius Brevig*

DC - Atem Kwer Aguer

DC - Freddy Mathiesen

DMC - Sverre Gundhus

AMR - Klaus Jonas Vikesdal Petersen

AML - Abdishakoor Egeh

AMC - Alexander Nilsen*

ST - Torger Motland

ST - Asim Cejvan*

* denotes recent signing

Subs:

Havard Johannessen (GK)

Kjetil Tveit (D RLC)

Lars-Erik Martinsen (D L)

Ola Skar (D C, DM, M C)*

Nicholas Leidenfeldt (AM C)*

Kim Andre Brandtsaeg (AM RL)

Svein Olaf Olsbu (AM RC,F C)

I'd like to say i have heard of any of them but...nope lol

Well i'm at the end of April after having not played the game for a bit and here is the table so far.

1st: Arsenal 85 Pts, Played 34

2nd:Chelsea 72 Pts, Played 34

3rd:Man.Utd 72 Pts, Played 33

4th: Liverpool 69 Pts, Played 34

5th: Man.City 68 Pts, Played 34

6th: Me (Spurs) 67 Pts, Played 33

After back to back losses in the Prem to Arsenal 4-2 and West Brom 2-1 (The curse of the lower teams hit. I put out weakened team end up drawing or loosing. Hull drew with 1-1 as well and lost to them earlier in the season)

Just beat Shakhtar 3-1 at White Hart Lane in the 1st leg Semi Final of Uefa Cup and Man.City won 1-0 against Udinese at home so looks like it might be an all English final.

Remaining Fixtures look like this

Wigan H

Chelsea H

Man.Utd A

Man.City A

Newcastle H

just change your settings so that you don't have the 3D Match. Like highlights, replays etc

I've never really used the 3D match engine and i never really do the 2D Match engine just have the game sim and hope i win :)