Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

started a interesting game with man city, so far ive lost to everton away to a 1-0 fluke. Draws 1-1 with chelsea, 2-2 with liverpool.

some tranfers ive made

Players in

Marcelo - 5.500.000 €

Joao Moutinho - 15.500.000 €

Yury Zhirkov - 13.750.000 €

Gareth Barry - 37.500.000 €

Andrey Arshavin - 18.250.000 €

Leo Franco - 3.700.00 €

Julien Faubert - 12.000.000 €

Total - 106.000.000 €

Players out

Martin Petrov - 6.250.000 €

Elano - Loan fee 1.000.000 €

and my lineup, i also just lost to milan 2-1

ju7lo9.jpg

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've clearly been screwed over in the transfer market, but I don't care. >_>

Sold:

Ricardo Carvalho (Real Madrid, £12m)

Claudio Pizarro (Hertha Berlin, £4.1m)

Bought:

Ashley Young (Aston Villa, £30m)

Henri Saivet (Bordeaux, £6m)

Current Starting Line Up:

GK Carlo Cudicini

DR Jose Bosingwa

DL Wayne Bridge

DC John Terry

DC Alex

DM Michael Essien

MC Frank Lampard

MC Michael Ballack

AMR Joe Cole

AML Ashley Young

ST Nicolas Anelka

S1 Hilario

S2 Branislav Ivanovic

S3 Ashley Cole

S4 Juliano Belletti

S5 Deco

S6 Florent Malouda

S7 Franco di Santo

(injured: Peter Cech [1 month], John Mikel Obi [2 months], Didier Drogba [1 month].)

Only one competitive game played so far:

Nicolas Anelka 3 - 0 Fulham. :shifty:

I'm playing ye olde 4-3-3 system, so once Drogba's back I'll have enough trouble keeping both he and Anelka happy, much less anyone else.

di Santo and Kalou (who I forgot to mention, is away playing in Africa atm) should be cover enough for them.

...The above may quickly become invalid in Juande Ramos doesn't stop kissing Drogba's arse in the back pages of the daily press. And if Drogba himself doesn't stop fluttering his eyelashes in the direction of Real Madrid as well.

The close of the transfer window can't come quickly enough. <_<

Henri Saivet is a wonderful wonderful man. Playing a game of FM07, coming into 2013 and I have Saivet at Rangers. 35 goals in 42 games, oh yeah. Although rather annoyed as I just got gubbed 4-0 by Liverpool in the Champion's League QF. I was the defending champion as well :(. Got a job offer from AC Milan and delayed my decision to the end of the season (wanted to complete seven in a row) but with a transfer budget of £281m I can't say no.

With people talking about 07 and 08 in here, I think this should become the all-purpose Football Manager thread, not just 09.

Anyway, since I'm here, I may as well talk about my game with Queens Park Rangers.

3rd Season, Champions League bound :D

Finished 4th in the Premiership after finishing 2nd in the Championship in my first season. Grabbed the final Champions League spot with an epic 2-0 win at Anfield. We also won the FA Cup at Wembley 3-2 over Manchester United. Teddy Lucic (who is now a coach with me) had the cup-winner. Probably gonna stay at QPR until I win the title, then move on. Preferably to Italy or Germany.

EDIT: I just lost a 4th Round Carling Cup match 10-9. TEN-NINE. WHAT THE HELL?!? I shouldn't be losing matches at all! I have the best players in the world, quality tactics, and I'm getting my ass kicked on the road. How the hell does ANYONE win matches away from home? I can't make this crap up. We followed up by winning 3-1 at home against Birmingham, but I'm still fuming over that game.

tennineij5.jpg

w1032.png

Edited by Magus978

I'm tearing apart the conference in my second season at HYDE UNITED. Everyone was like "you're gonna finish 23rd" but I said "no...I think I'll be 2nd in the division come November!"

And guess what? I am!

Dealt out an incredible 5-0 thrashing to the mighty Kettering too!

Edited by metalman

Short answer: your defence isn\'t as good as you think it is.

Perhaps, but I don\'t understand how it can be this bad. One of the problems I have is that the CPU catches onto my tactics so fast, so I\'m pretty much switching every 4-5 matches. I also have a seperate set of tactics I use for away matches.

Looks like I may have found a temporary fix to my problem: Take a lead, then go ultra-defensive and play Rangers-like football. I suck at changing tactics in mid-match, and usually don\'t unless I\'m behind. Helped me grab a shock 2-1 win over Liverpool, the very same team we beat on the final day of last season to secure Champions League football :P

The General: The skin is called Asesino. It\'s supposedly a tribute to the Hand of God goal by Diego Maradona. All I really did was put it in my C:\\Users\\*User Name*\\Documents\\Sports Interactive\\Football Manager 2008\\skins

Also, my preferred formation (4-1-2-1-2) and the team that beat Liverpool in my last match

Jose Antonio Reyes ----- Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

Raul Garcia

Rio Antonio Mavuba ----- Diego Souza

Miguel Veloso

Kieran Lee ------- Lucio ----- Sergio Ramos ------- Daniel Alves

Igor Akinfeev

Edited by Magus978

Weegie I believe it is called. Search weegie at the FM forums and you should be able to find it fairly easily. In fact, there may even be a link in the FM 08 thread here.

EDIT: yes there is - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CB90IKED

As of September 6th 2008, so not ultra new. I expect there'll be a new one after the transfer window is wrapped up.

Edited by metalman

so Magus is cheating, yeah?

Does it matter? I'm enjoying my game, and I have other games where I'm not cheating. Sorry if my cheating bothers you, but it's really no skin off my back.

Besides, it's not like I'm actually winning ALL my games. If I was, THEN it would be full blown cheating.

Edited by Magus978

I was asking a question, that's all. If it really didn't matter, you wouldn't have been so defensive.

Fair enough. Yes, I am cheating a little (money), but that's it. Money can't buy me wins against Manchester City it seems. They're kicking my ass 2-0 right now after 45 mins.

That's cause Man City are always going to have more money than you no matter what. :)

5-0. Bianchi burned us for 5. I'm stunned. Manchester City have no right beating us, their team is inferior to us in so many ways. I am just baffled by the inconsistency of my goddamn squad. First 10-9, then this...how can we beat these bastards? We're 0-3-1 against them since coming up to the Premiership, and it's just getting embarassing how we find new ways to fall on our faces everytime we see'em.

*EDITED for Censorship. Apologies if I'm setting people off with my replies, but I'm just baffled as to how we can be good against everyone else, yet bad against Manchester City.*

Very funny with the thread description guys...very classy :P

Edited by Magus978