Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

My current Swansea game on FM08 is the first Ive had in a while where I've been able to build up my own squad. Started out at Fisher and walked through the Blue Square South after 18 months at the club. This eanred me a big move to Swansea, just relegated to League One. I managed to win the play-offs in my first season to send us straight back up, winning a nail-biting penalty shoot-out with Crystal Palace, and then after a shaky first half of the season which yielded no points away from home until christmas, went on a 14 game unbeaten run to end the season and finish in about 14th place. This season I've been tasked with the duty of establishing Swansea as a mid-table side and at the minute I think I'm on course to achieve that. We're in 12th place, I've got a very winnable game in hand at home to hometown side Doncaster and am only 5 off the play-offs with 16 games to play.

The squad is pretty healthy but without loans I'd not have a lot of strength in depth. I think only captain Alan Tate & Leon Britton were at the club when I joined and this is my third season here. My typical line-up looks like this:

---------------Rhys Taylor---------------

---Tate---Robinson---Seip---Keenan---

McAnuff--Britton--Buszaky--Karamyan

--------Ebanks-Blake--Vokes-----------

So, for me, that's a strong enough line-up to finish in the top half, plus I've got other great players like Jamie Ward, Simon Davies & Mark Bradley.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Starting a new game where I take a job in the 2nd season...hoping to get a job with a relegated team in England, or a recently promoted Blue Square North/South team. Not much out there, but there's the Oldham job in League One. Not sure if I want to go for the Oldham job and try to lead them back to the top flight for the first time since '93, or if I want to wait for a promoted BSN/BSS team.

Edited by Magus978

Won't this take away the gamble of "was that a red card challenge or not?" if it's 3D?

When it's two dots hovering over each other it could be anything, and with a possible FA fine for getting the wrong answer it can make or break the end of the season.

gamble? In FM2008 the ref was NEVER wrong according to the FA.

Won't this take away the gamble of "was that a red card challenge or not?" if it's 3D?

When it's two dots hovering over each other it could be anything, and with a possible FA fine for getting the wrong answer it can make or break the end of the season.

Not necessarily: I've criticized every ref decision that has gone against me in my games, and I'd say about 25-35% of the time, the FA have been silent over my criticism. Of course, that's just me dicking around and trying to see if I can get a ref fired. :P

Real Madrid 1 - 2 Celtic

That will go down in history. For the second year in a row a Scottish team are European champions. 2012 Rangers, 2013 Celtic. Could 2014 be Aberdeen's year? Scotland's co-efficient rocks. 3 Champion's League places, 3 UEFA Cup places, plus a place in 2013/2014 for Fair Play and a Intertoto Spot. 8 European places for a league of 12 teams.

Make that three years in a row. Celtic won the bloody thing again. 2-1 win against Valencia in the final. How the hell can they win the Champion's League but every season I win the league but at least ten points?!?!?! Grrr...

Not necessarily: I've criticized every ref decision that has gone against me in my games, and I'd say about 25-35% of the time, the FA have been silent over my criticism. Of course, that's just me dicking around and trying to see if I can get a ref fired. :P

I've only ever had them stay silent at the first time I criticise in a season or the time directly after a touchline ban. I figure it was like a resetting thing. After that it's always a worse reaction each time until I get banned.

Finally a game that never crashes. In third year, doing some transfers in January, I click on some youth player....error, crash dump. FOR FUCKS SAKE! Now I have to do all those transfers all over again and this probably means this save game is also corrupted. Oh god why can't they fix shit like this.

Ok, I know that WWSM is the "American" version of the game. That said, this is probably considered a "newb" or "dumbass" question and fair enough.

If I were to purchase WWSM, would the FM updates/downloads work in WWSM ?

Yes, no, fuck you newb/dumbass are all acceptable answers. Thank you.

Fuck you board of directors of Carlisle. I make it all the way to the Premiership and all you can give me is a 16k per year shirt sponsership for...

...FIFTEEN YEARS!!!!

Thank god I have the £30M television rights or I'd just resign on the spot.

Its a bug, its fixed in the patch.