Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

If anyone is looking for a handy rightback get Mikael Chretien from the French league. He costs around 8 million but is perhaps the only defender I can think of who changes games for me, I was losing 2-0 to Zenit in the Champions league and put a forward arrow on him, he scored one and set up two more.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The 3D match engine is the most unrealistic thing I have ever seen. Stilian Petrov got tackled and got up straightaway! That would never happen. <_<

I've never used the 3D Match engine, and i got the game the day it came out.

Currently playing as Aston Villa. I'm top of the league set to win my 3rd title in a row.

Lassana Diarra is wanted by EVERYONE and teams are willing to pay 30million + for him.

What the fuck? I'm Aston Villa too and I'm 16th. :(

Signed Radek Sirl, Pavel Pogrebnyak and Gerardo Torrado. They are all shit.

1st season i signed Diarra, Jimmy Briand, Tayo Tawio and Davide Santon. Finished 4th.

Since then ive signed the likes of Kameni, Florent Sinama-Pongolle, Giuseppe Rossi, Ever Banega, Fabian Delph and Andrea Brazagli.

Indeed, I literally started it a week or so ago.

Then again if I remember correctly, the board atm is currently headed by their main sponsor so... maybe it's a chairman issue.

No No No, you are right it will be in the game you have at the moment, I meant it is fixed in the new 9.3 patch which will be released whenever. I can't really say more, they made me sign an NDA.

Real Madrid 1 - 2 Celtic

That will go down in history. For the second year in a row a Scottish team are European champions. 2012 Rangers, 2013 Celtic. Could 2014 be Aberdeen's year? Scotland's co-efficient rocks. 3 Champion's League places, 3 UEFA Cup places, plus a place in 2013/2014 for Fair Play and a Intertoto Spot. 8 European places for a league of 12 teams.

Make that three years in a row. Celtic won the bloody thing again. 2-1 win against Valencia in the final. How the hell can they win the Champion's League but every season I win the league but at least ten points?!?!?! Grrr...

I don't believe this and you guys probably won't either but this is the 2015 Champion's League Final. Celtic versus Rangers

If this was real life the biggest police presence in history would be required. I shall report back with the result in about 20 minutes.

post-57-1233784192_thumb.jpg

Ugh fuck Hartlepool. FC United of Manchester(Founded by Anti-Glazer supporters)were having a dream run in the FA Cup and would have faced me in the next round but after defeating some random teams they hold out for 87 minutes before losing 3-0 to Hartlepool.

United vs United would have been epic :(

Real Madrid 1 - 2 Celtic

That will go down in history. For the second year in a row a Scottish team are European champions. 2012 Rangers, 2013 Celtic. Could 2014 be Aberdeen's year? Scotland's co-efficient rocks. 3 Champion's League places, 3 UEFA Cup places, plus a place in 2013/2014 for Fair Play and a Intertoto Spot. 8 European places for a league of 12 teams.

Make that three years in a row. Celtic won the bloody thing again. 2-1 win against Valencia in the final. How the hell can they win the Champion's League but every season I win the league but at least ten points?!?!?! Grrr...

I don't believe this and you guys probably won't either but this is the 2015 Champion's League Final. Celtic versus Rangers

If this was real life the biggest police presence in history would be required. I shall report back with the result in about 20 minutes.

What are the teams like?

Real Madrid 1 - 2 Celtic

What are the teams like?

Official Result:

Celtic 2 - 3 Rangers (AET)

The thing is, on paper Celtic's team sucks despite being bought over in 2009 by an Israeli billionaire and getting a huge transfer budget every year. Really weak statistics and all but they seem to have an amazing team spirit and that helps them get through. Unfortunately though I have a great team thanks to my acquisition of Theo Walcott on a Bosman and his subsequent sale for £35m. Then buying Cesc Fabregas for £55m and selling him for £97m :D. That's me just finished nine in a row as well. So one more season and I think I'll call it a day with this game. I've won practically everything. 9 SPL championships, 5 Scottish Cups, 4 League Cups, 2 Champion's League titles, European Super Cup and the World Club Championship.

Oh and one more thing, Jeremy Mathieu is a LEGEND. Bought him in my first season for £2.9m and he's been the best buy ever. Every season he's the most consistent performer and a great captain.

Now onto 2015/2016 and TEN IN A ROW :D

Having left Swansea for fellow Championship side Birmingham, I'm enjoying a good few months. They actually were below the Swans in the table, which is why Stuart Pearce got the sack, but they've got a lot better resources & money so it was an easy choice. I've won five game in a row in the league, but am still only 2nd, behind West Brom on goal difference because they've won seven on the trot since being beaten at home by myself. But we're both 4 clear and will have a game in hand after the next midweek fixtures.

Now the small matter of Premiership champions Liverpool away in the League Cup 4th Round.

Real Madrid 1 - 2 Celtic

What are the teams like?

Official Result:

The thing is, on paper Celtic's team sucks despite being bought over in 2009 by an Israeli billionaire and getting a huge transfer budget every year. Really weak statistics and all but they seem to have an amazing team spirit and that helps them get through. Unfortunately though I have a great team thanks to my acquisition of Theo Walcott on a Bosman and his subsequent sale for £35m. Then buying Cesc Fabregas for £55m and selling him for £97m :D. That's me just finished nine in a row as well. So one more season and I think I'll call it a day with this game. I've won practically everything. 9 SPL championships, 5 Scottish Cups, 4 League Cups, 2 Champion's League titles, European Super Cup and the World Club Championship.

Oh and one more thing, Jeremy Mathieu is a LEGEND. Bought him in my first season for £2.9m and he's been the best buy ever. Every season he's the most consistent performer and a great captain.

This is Football Manager 2007 I assume. I won around 10 titles in a row too with AFC Ajax with FM07 and like 6 CL's in a row. For some reason it was much easier to dominate the world in 07 than in 09.

Real Madrid 1 - 2 Celtic

What are the teams like?

Official Result:

We going to need to see line-ups?

Em nothing beats my Rangers team on CM 96/97

Andy Goram

Gary Neville

Paulo Maldini

Jose Chamot

Richard Gough

Brian Laudrup

Edgar Davids

Jesper Blomqvist

Ryan Giggs

George Weah

Romario

Brilliance....

Never won anything that great though.

Edited by metalman

Actually, along those lines - everybody post their best ever CM/FM team yeah?

Mine was Man Utd on CM 01/02 cause I actually won the Champions League, something that I was unable to do again until Chelsea on FM 2007. I'm not very good you see.

Gianluigi Buffon (swapped him for Fabian Barthez and Luke Chadwick. Fools.)

Luciano Zauri (cost in the region of £30,000,000. he was awesome on that game though.)

Alessandro Nesta (relatively cheap. Only £16 million I think)

Fabio Cannavaro (older than Nesta and cost twice as much. Still awesome for a good 8 years or so.)

Gary Neville (aka our Achilles heel. I almost Athlete's foot instead of achilles heel there. that would have been silly)

Bojan Djordjic (awesome once Ryan Giggs inevitably retires from injury within two years)

Mark Van Bommel (best DM on the game)

Juan Sebastian Veron (absolutely amazing on this game. really)

Arjen Robben (starts average. quickly becomes amazing)

Cherno Samba (scores lots of goals. cost £3 million at the age of SIXTEEN)

Javier Saviola (also scores lots of goals)

Ably assisted by Mikael Silvestre, David Prutton, Emerson(the good one), Francesco Totti, Michael Owen, Ruud van Nistelrooy. Oh...and RAIMOND VAN DER GOUW.

EDIT: Damn I thought FD posted after me. Sorry about the double post.

Edited by metalman