Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

So I became a follower of MachedaMania and took him on loan in my Wigan game and he scores the only goal after coming on as a sub against Charlton :D

Does he develop into a decent player later on?

On my game in the 4th season he is rated as a League Two player and with only the potential to be a Championship level player. I'm not sure on the quality of my scout so there could be some leeway even way.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For fucks sake, why do clubs constantly offer me £0 and then the full transfer fee that I asked for to be paid over 24 months :angry: If I offered them that they'd tell me to fuck off so why do they think they'll get it.

Edit: Why do my teams ALWAYS fail to keep the fucking ball?

Edited by Footjob Fever

This is bizarre. I'm at the first season, managing Chelsea and Rangers have been made 12 - 1 5th favourites to win the Champions League. And their key acquisition was the loan transfer of Lee Sawyer.

What?

Is Walter in charge? :shifty:

Yes! And still very much in love with Barry Ferguson and Alan McGregor.

In my 4th season as Arsenal and realised I have far too many midfielders, and just going into the January window I wanna try and flog a few that won't amount to anything. But I've got a fair few promising youngsters that I have accumulated either by signing them or through the reserves. I'm looking to offload 2 of the following, is there anyone who develope into something special? I usually try and name two youngsters on the bench every league game and bring them on for a run-out when/if i have the game won.

Abou Diaby - established first teamer in real-life but he rarely gets a game now due to my clogged centre midfield. Only worth £2m due to lack of games.

Mascio - signed for £275k last season after getting rave reviews on the FM09 Facebook page lol. Starts Carling Cup games but yet to start a league game. Valued £2m

Aaron Ramsey - features every now and again in the league and is usually pretty solid. Only one goal in nearly 35 appearances (near 20 of them as sub). Value hasn't gone up from £5.5m since the start of the game.

Jack Wilshere - Big fan of the kid in real life, but doesn't seem as good in this game. 2 goals from 24 appearances (prob half and half starts/subs), and average ratings in the 6's usually

Nacer Barazite - Only 9 appearances in 3.5 seasons (1 goal), but his match ratings are usually solid and he's worth a decent £4.8m

Any suggestions on the two I should flog?

Quick - can someone give me advice;

Feeder club possibilites for Man Utd, I have none of these leagues running, all of them are for firm hold in the respective country, first option and aside from Vasco - to send on loan as well.

Metalist Kharkiv (Ukraine)

NK Dinamo (Croatia)

Staebeck (Norway)

Vasco (Brazil)

Brondby (Denmark)

So yeah, a nice selection. Remember that all of them can have players loaned to them (although I'm not massive on that and since they don't actually have matches - it all seems a bit pointless) except Vasco. So it's mainly about more exposure in that country and some youngsters, who are going to create the best players and remember I could have WP permits (or pretty much definitely will) problems regarding Vasco.

I do have Antwerp yes, but I'm not a massive fan of throwing them away to Belgium for two years. I'm quite picky and like to have them at my disposal when needs be.

I'm considering Dinamo, they produced Eduardo, Corluka and Modric. Must be doing something right?

Personally I'd go for Vasco, Dinamo or the Ukrainian team. I've not seen many good players from Scandinavian countries. Then again, Brondby is a pretty big team.

If you don't want Vasco I'd recommend Dinamo.

EDIT: They also had Igor Biscan <_<

Edited by metalman

EBBE SAND FROM BRONDBY :@ and Michael Laudrup.

Yeah basically it's Vasco or Dinamo. Vasco probably have the better players but Dinamo would be more simple for my sake.

I'll let someone else given an opinion but it's pretty much Dinamo or Vasco. The rest aren't good enough.

Portsmouth are bastards. They always seem to use the tactic with one up front and then an AML & AMR, which seems to be the computer's version of a cheat tactic. The best way I've found is to man mark the AMR/AML with you left and right midfielder, with all your defender's forward runs set to rarely.

Edited by therockbox

It seems like Didier Drogba is the only player in the whole game who can actually score from one on ones. And he never misses. Which is good.

EDIT: But I still didn't actually win because Liverpool scored twice from a corner in one match.

Edited by metalman