Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

Put his creative freedom up a bit and let him take all the free kicks/penalties against Wolves.

After a 1000+ minutes of Football without a goal he bags a hat-trick!, which is good because I am relying way too much on Berbatov for goals he had one off day against City and we lose 2-0, got a 4-2 win against Chelsea as well so I am undefeated against the big teams this season and have managed to take points off them which should help me greatly in wrapping up the league.

Hopefully I can make a long run in the FA Cup so the youngsters/regens get some games under their belt...I feel I could have a really special group breaking through with a rapidly developing Rafael,Possebon,Llajic,Gibson,a Czech kid named Jirasek and a Spanish Winger Fran Brett whose already got a goal against Arsenal.

Some good english players coming through as well but it'll be a while before they get into the first team!.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One thing that does make me laugh is when your a lower league team and in the friendlies you take on a Premier League teams "Reserves". I was Stevenage and I took on Aston Villa Reserves. They must have had a mass spending spree when Ashley Young, Carew, Abonglahor and company are considered reserves.

Playing 01/02, and just got to the UEFA Cup final with Viking, going through Dnipro (1-0 a, 4-2 h), AEK (1-0 h, 1-1 a) and Feyenoord (0-0 h and an epic 3-0 away, all goals from defenders!). Though two fairly big players and a fringe player got injured, which kinda sucks, especially as only one will be back for the final in three weeks. The final against Chelsea. :(

Quite an achievement for me, since I suck at FM :P

Did you go Viking merely because they are called Viking?

Entirely. I wanted to start in Scandinavia, for obvious reasons, so it was either Viking, Elfsborg or FC Jazz. :shifty:

Also, fucking yes:

glory.jpg

The goals in normal time came from a Joe Allinson own goal (why a 17 year old FRLC was playing at right wingback in the UEFA Cup final when Melchiot, Ferrer, Gallas and Gronkjaer were all fit is beyond me, but I'm glad he was) and Zenden. I thought it was all over when my two of my first three penalty takers both missed, but my keeper saved from Zenden and Desailly, and in sudden death Winston Bogarde hit the post. :D

Edited by Farmer Reil

First time ive seen the FM09 post here on ewb :w00t:

Im Currently managing Leeds

In my 5th season. In the premiership now. Uefa Cup football got Juventus, AEK, Zilina in my group Beat juventus 3-1 in the first game thanks 2 to goals from Salvatore Foti.

Currently ive played Man U 6 time ( 5 league 1 cup) and they havent beat me!, 2 draws and 3 wins!

I used to have the game freexing on me alot but its not happened ot me in a while and i never done anything to change it

Just started another Leeds game and bah, I never thought I'd have too many players. I've got Delph, Howson, Douglas, Kilkenny and Possebon (loan) all fighting for 2 CM spots. Then I've got Naylor, Michalik, Huntington, Rui Marques, Sam Sodje (loan) and Bartley (loan) fighting for 2 CD spots. Then again, I'm trying to sell Rui and Sodje was originally brought in to play RB but Richardson has been quite solid so far.

Then again, up front I've got Beckford out for 5 months and Snodgrass also out for a while, so I'm counting on Grella, Becchio and Showunmi at the minute and all 3 are pretty shit on this game.

Edit: lol,wigan. They had 19 shots, 1 on target. Beat them 2-0 :P

Edited by Footjob Fever

Im just starting my second season with Inter, won the league by 1 point of Udinese last season even though they beat us twice during the year. I've signed Riquelme, Van Der Vaart and Andres Guardado during the off season and we have won our first three games quite comfortably.

Guardado is a quality player especially playing him on the left wing, just need to get him to get the ball to Ibrahimovic :D

Well just finished my first season at man city, Vagner love Was a great buy for 14.5M along with Krancjear (or however you spell it) for 10m And also rodrigo palacios from Boca was a great bench player for 7.5m

I finished up in 8th just missing out on the bonus spot for the uefa cup :( But the board were happy.

Now about 12 of my players are wanted by big name clubs and want to leave! Ireland kompany and richards are the main ones!

Also i had 75m at the beginning of my second season, sold wright phillips back to chelsea and ireland to liverpool (got kuyt and alonso aswell as money :D) so had 95M then the board make me aware that theyve added 67M to my transfer budget. I have no idea how i could spend 160M When my squads already far too strong, they just need time to gel. ive bought Johnson from pompey But i dont think hes gunna be strong enough to play RB week in week out for me any suggestions?

Well just finished my first season at man city, Vagner love Was a great buy for 14.5M along with Krancjear (or however you spell it) for 10m And also rodrigo palacios from Boca was a great bench player for 7.5m

I finished up in 8th just missing out on the bonus spot for the uefa cup :( But the board were happy.

Now about 12 of my players are wanted by big name clubs and want to leave! Ireland kompany and richards are the main ones!

Also i had 75m at the beginning of my second season, sold wright phillips back to chelsea and ireland to liverpool (got kuyt and alonso aswell as money :D ) so had 95M then the board make me aware that theyve added 67M to my transfer budget. I have no idea how i could spend 160M When my squads already far too strong, they just need time to gel. ive bought Johnson from pompey But i dont think hes gunna be strong enough to play RB week in week out for me any suggestions?

Is it me or should I be a tad bit suspicious. Did a fella called "Untitled User" become Liverpool manager at any point during the season... <_<

Also i had 75m at the beginning of my second season, sold wright phillips back to chelsea and ireland to liverpool (got kuyt and alonso aswell as money :D ) so had 95M then the board make me aware that theyve added 67M to my transfer budget. I have no idea how i could spend 160M When my squads already far too strong, they just need time to gel. ive bought Johnson from pompey But i dont think hes gunna be strong enough to play RB week in week out for me any suggestions?

Is it me or should I be a tad bit suspicious. Did a fella called "Untitled User" become Liverpool manager at any point during the season... <_<

See I'd be suspicious but if he was going to cheat, I don't think he'd have taken Kuyt. This is the game where I've seen Chelsea (or City or someone) sign David Lucas (Leeds' really really shit second choice keeper) for 10m.

See I'd be suspicious but if he was going to cheat, I don't think he'd have taken Kuyt. This is the game where I've seen Chelsea (or City or someone) sign David Lucas (Leeds' really really shit second choice keeper) for 10m.

Im just saying thats how it ended up working out, i got a fair chunk for ireland with kuyt thrown in (but the payment is over 24 months) And sold a few smaller players to them, (benjani and caicedo both went there amongst others) I then decided to Buy alonso from them, it worked out around 3-5 M profit for about 6 players out and 2 players in. Those 2 players tho are key positions and good players, Alonso is now 3rd in my line up for the 2 CM roles.

And surely if i had untitled users i would have sabotaged Liverpool last season Along with everyone else whos above me! ( dont add extra users especially at city were you have to pay huge amounts(which youve already got) and still players dont want to join you! :()