King Ellis

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin

Well, having taken over at QPR, about to start the season - and pretty much every member of my squad hands in a transfer request.

If you fuckers don't want to play in League One, maybe you shouldn't have gotten relegated.

I have turned down every single request, because fuck them. Made it through the transfer window, picked up Robert Earnshaw & James Beattie along the way, and have started the season on a flyer, winning every game in the League so far, as well as thumping Championship team Barnsley 6-1 in the Carling Cup. Earnshaw & Beattie work so well together, they're scoring for fun.

Got sacked from Koln, finished 11th and lost in the Cup Final, which I thought would've been enough for them but no.

I shall get my revenge!

I got sick of Celtic selling my best players and left(after winning the league and league cup)

I could somehow understand them accepting bids which make profit but Swansea put in a bid of 950k for Rodallega(bought for 2.5 mil, scored 28 goals)and the owner accepts it!. I prepared a new formation with Samaras starting and young Sean Brooks playing off him as an attacking mid but then the owner goes and accepts a bid for Brooks as well!.

He's sold enough players to make a first 11 so I moved onto Sporting Lisbon in Portugal, I reached the semis of the UEFA Cup Semi Final(Thrashed by Lyon)and wrapped up the league. Just got to beat Porto in the Cup final to complete the double in my first season...think I am going to move on from here as well.

Just won a 5th Serie A title in a row with Inter. Was spanked by AC in the CL quarters, and the Italian Cup final though. Think I will make next season my last at Inter. Theres a World Cup in the summer, bound to be some choice international vacancies around. Last time, Brazil, Argentina, Italy, England and Portugal all got rid of their managers after the WC.

Into my third season with Arsenal. Threw away the treble last season with a dodgy tactical decision in the Champs League final. Managed to get two second half goals against Real and go 2-0 up. I decide to shut up shop, switch mentality to defensive and bring on Fazio in place of Adebayor to make a 5 man back-line. Real manage to come back to 2-2 and win it on penalties. Gutted.

In the close season I made some big name signings. Flogged Van Persie and Denilson, and bought in Huntelaar (25m), Zapata (24.5m) and Francesco Bolzoni (9m, Italian DM who looks decent). Got a pretty straight forward Champs League group with Lyon, Anderlecht and Hannover. My first team currently looks like this:

Asenjo

Clichy Fazio Toure Sagna

Nasri Veloso Fabregas Walcott

Adebayor Vela

Subs: Almunia, Zapata (rotated with Fazio), Rat, Bolzoni, Arshavin, Eduardo, Huntelaar (rotated with Vela)

Other squad players that play regularly are Eboue, Mascio, Wilshere, and Saivet

Right, so.. where was I...

After being knocked out of the Champions League at the Quarter Final stage to Lazio, I fancied a new challenge, and as Norway's reputation is pretty piss-poor, I could only find a job in the Polish second tier. So off to Amica Wronki I went. We finshed second in the league on goal difference and went up fairly easily at the first attempt (IRL Wronki are/were a Premiership club, but got relegated in the first season of the game).

What followed was the most stupidly pointles -s league competition I've ever encountered.

The Polish Premiership starts off in two groups of 8, which I'm fairly sure is seeded - probably using last season's league positions so that both groups have an even level of competition (rather than 'the good group' and 'the shitty group'. The champions and the runners up are in different groups, as are the two newly promoted teams, etc). The top four from each group 'qualify' for the top half of the league after the winter break.

After said break, a 'proper' league season starts, where each team plays two games against the teams they didn't play in the group stages. This time though there are no groups, and you're all in the same league table. HOWEVER, only the top four teams from each group in the group stages are allowed in the top half of the table, no matter how many points you get in the second half of the season.

As a result of finishing fifth in the group stages, and winning pretty much all my games in the second half, I finished 9th, with 24pts more than the team in 8th... in fact, had it been a normal league I'd have been runners up by 4 points and in the UEFA Cup.

Bollocks to that stupid fucking system, I'm off home. So I applied for, and got, the job at Ham Kam, bottom of the Norwegian first division. With five games left, we did exactly as predicted: Beat the two shit teams, lost to the two good teams, and drew with the iffy one. That draw saw us relegated by a point, and since there isn't a Norwegian 2nd Division, saw me sacked.

One bit of good news though, is that the 4guy that took over from me at Viking managed to be sacked for having Viking in 13th (second bottom) midway through the season. Unfortunately I couldn't get my old job back as I was being assraped in Poland. The new guy improved things a bit, but still only managed 12th, and then LOST the Playout (to one of the "good teams" I lost to earlier) 4-1 on aggregate. So Viking have gone from the CL Quarter Final to Division One in 3 years.

So it's off to the job centre again...

I've still never tried running a game with all these random leagues, in all the years I've played CM/FM. I think at most I played a brief game with England/Scotland/Italy/Spain/Germany once.

My computer's a bit old but not hideous. Something like a 2.5Ghz processor and 1Gb RAM. Thing is, I get impatient waiting the 10 seconds or so it takes to run through the games from just the English leagues on a busy matchday. Maybe my standards are too high? :/

I get impatient waiting the 10 seconds or so it takes to run through the games from just the English leagues on a busy matchday. Maybe my standards are too high? :/

I'm the same. I usually get pissed of waiting and go do something else, then come back later and could've passed about a month in that time. v_v

Gah, the only job I was able to get was at Miedz. Rock bottom of the Polish Premier League, six points from the playouts, 10 from absolute safety, six games to go. Familar territory... let's rock!

Edit: Avoided relegation via the playoffs, but practically my entire defence has left the club due to previously-arranged transfers...

Edited by Farmer Reil

How many leagues do you guys run? Cos I think I'm running like 30 odd, and it's taking forever despite me having a good spec PC... I think I picked too many.

Edit: I've been on holiday for about 10 minutes and have advanced about 10 days, that aint good, is it?

Edited by --Matt--

Generally I run England, Ireland, N. Ireland, Wales and Scotland. Then Germany, France, Spain, Italy and France. Currently Russia, Brazil, Argentina, USA, Mexico are all loaded too. I think the Ukraine I have loaded too.

Back in management at Sweden. Still looking for a club (been linked with Spartak Moscow recently). Have won all three of my first WC 2014 qualifiers, defeating Netherlands, Faroes and Albania. So we top that group, the Netherlands are sucking though. They've about three points from three.

I was talking about one of these journeyman type games that Reily is doing, sorry, should've specified.

Ah journeyman games are the ones where I load as many as possible. Had an epic journeyman game where I ended up at Sevilla after a number of seasons at Queen's Park, Forfar, Northampton and Tottenham. After winning the Championship playoffs with Tottenham Vitoria Setubal were impressed with me and after getting them into Champions League I went to Sevilla. It was an awesome game. And also, I only used the countries I usually load so all the other leagues were a bit pointless.