Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've really been a fan of the international journeyman games, I prefer to just start in the lower leagues/non-league of England and try to work my way up, and have about 3-4 other big european countries leagues loaded in case I ever wanted to move. My most successful game is the one I would call my current if my PC still loaded FM, was one where I started at Fisher Athletic, then went to Swansea City, Birmingham City and then onto Arsenal in the Premier League. I never really got the attraction of playing in the Polish second division!

Matt, the only reason I can use all the leagues is playing CM01/02. I wouldn't dare attempt this in an FM game.It'd take far too long. :P My computer is fairly good, and the most it could cope with in FM08 was all the English leagues, plus Scotland, Italy, Germany and Spain with their first and second tiers. Any more than that and it slowed to a crawl :(

As for the attraction of the Polish First Division.. there really isn't any. I think the only thing worse than being in the Polish First Division is getting promoted! But I play in the background most of the time, while I'm doing other stuff (as CM01/02 is lovely and sits in a window taking up fairly small amounts of resources), so I don't really care where I am too much. Hopefully one day I'll end up somewhere pronounceable though...

As for the default database... dunno. You could always download the game (legally - I forgot the link, but it's in this thread somewhere, and on Google...) and reinstall it ¬_¬

Edited by Farmer Reil

Matt, the only reason I can use all the leagues is playing CM01/02. I wouldn't dare attempt this in an FM game.It'd take far too long. :P My computer is fairly good, and the most it could cope with in FM08 was all the English leagues, plus Scotland, Italy, Germany and Spain with their first and second tiers. Any more than that and it slowed to a crawl :(

As for the attraction of the Polish First Division.. there really isn't any. I think the only thing worse than being in the Polish First Division is getting promoted! But I play in the background most of the time, while I'm doing other stuff (as CM01/02 is lovely and sits in a window taking up fairly small amounts of resources), so I don't really care where I am too much. Hopefully one day I'll end up somewhere pronounceable though...

As for the default database... dunno. You could always download the game (legally - I forgot the link, but it's in this thread somewhere, and on Google...) and reinstall it ¬_¬

Ah right, well I've set up a new game with about 20 leagues and that's running OK at the minute, if not I might have to switch over to CM 01/02.... Took a job at Hyde but that's cos no-one else would take me and they just kept offering me their job. Hopefully I'll get an overseas offer sooner or later.

Whenever I try and play 01/02 it bitches about not having enough virtual memory so I have to shut down every damn thing that's open. Maybe I should actually look up virtual memory and see if it needs increasing.

The last time I remember using it is maybe EWR, many, many moons ago.

Clicking advance

Ellis: I got that problem with CM 01/02 .. after I increased my memory. The true problem is.. there's just too much memory. <_<

Edited by Eddie 'AW' G

Have returned to management after a six month gap. Club management anyway. LA Galaxy, as I am seemingly hot property for MLS clubs (Chivas, San Jose, DC and others were chasing me as well as some lower Premier League and Championship teams). Inherited a squad that had failed at the play offs and had players who weren't all that pally. Two of whom, two of our better players Steve Cronin and Stuart Holden are gone. Still have a 37 year old David Beckham. Signed Pascal Feindouno on a free and a few other players as well. Squad is now bulked out enough for everywhere but attack (though some cuts will need to be made due to having four more internationals than I'm allowed).

Sweden I have seen climb into 9th in the World Rankings. A head of England(12th) and waaaaaaaaaaay ahead of Brazil (37th) as well as surprise world champions Nigeria (11th). Undefeated so far. Have a friendly with Italy coming up with Ibrahimovic and Issakson returning from injury to play.