Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Boka is fine! And I'm not selling Jo because he just got there and that's unrealistic and silly. I'm keeping Johnson because I want to blood him into a good player and because if I were to sell the youngsters immediately the fans could get on my back in a realistic scenario! I decided to keep Garrido as back-up instead of Ball because Ball's a cunt.

I'm bored of buying Srna and Zhirkov. Buying the same players every game is shit.

When I bought them in my Man City game it was the first time for me actually, but I agree they are regular buys. I remember scouting Boka and he was either as good or worse than Wayne Bridge at left-back. I had Garrido as a back-up the first season too, but I wanted a world class team so if Bridge got injured Garrido would be an insufficient back-up. It seems you're not playing the most recent version of FM09, because you have Arse-Shavin' and Hart as GK instead of Given. By the way, I classify Veloso as a "same player every game" too :P

Boka is fine! And I'm not selling Jo because he just got there and that's unrealistic and silly. I'm keeping Johnson because I want to blood him into a good player and because if I were to sell the youngsters immediately the fans could get on my back in a realistic scenario! I decided to keep Garrido as back-up instead of Ball because Ball's a cunt.

I'm bored of buying Srna and Zhirkov. Buying the same players every game is shit.

When I bought them in my Man City game it was the first time for me actually, but I agree they are regular buys. I remember scouting Boka and he was either as good or worse than Wayne Bridge at left-back. I had Garrido as a back-up the first season too, but I wanted a world class team so if Bridge got injured Garrido would be an insufficient back-up. It seems you're not playing the most recent version of FM09, because you have Arse-Shavin' and Hart as GK instead of Given. By the way, I classify Veloso as a "same player every game" too :P

I'm playing the most recent version but the 9.1 database. I don't like playing with updated teams, starting from the start of the season with players they didn't buy until January doesn't seem right. I'll probably get a better LB than Boka next season but I wasted my budget on midfielders this season. He should at least be alright as a stop gap. If I had Bridge I wouldn't have bothered getting another left back though. And yeah to be fair I buy Veloso pretty much every game now that I think of it :shifty:

Also Robinho seems to be a success playing as an AMC, which solves the problem of choosing between him and Santa Cruz. Elano can be a perennial sub instead now. That'll teach him for whining about moving clubs. And I gave up on Barry and just bought Lucho Gonzalez instead. The man's a beast.

Edited by Pesci

So, on my journeyman game that saw me relegate a really shite Russian division 1 side, I'm now manager of a poor Spanish side, Lugo. The problem with this side is very much the opposite of the last side: they have too many players. They're ridiculously over their wage budget and I'm going to have to cut about 10-15 players between the senior and U-19 sides, maybe more.

I've decided that my Journeyman career is now annoying, considering I nearly always ended up in Sweden managing an amateur or semi-professional side, then quitting like a month or two after that out of frustration of the wage budget or wanting to move on to bigger things. Ended up in Northern Ireland and that looks like it could be interesting, but Sweden has taken a lot of my patience to withstand.

I'm just going to play as AC Milan and try to rebuild them whilst still being successful. Not too much of a challenge but I want to get a true feel for the game with a big team since it still confuses me. Plus I want to see if a nice, slow passing game will succeed.

Took Stevenage to the Prem after....6 seasons I think? First year in the Prem started off well, had an absolutely shocking middle of the year run with about 7 losses in a row, but somehow, after getting a win away at Liverpool, away at Man U, away at Man City and away at Chelsea, with another few wins chopped in between I qualified for Europe. But since we're Stevenage and have a 10,000 seater stadium absolutely no-one wants to come to my club. And somehow, the gate profits for the year managed to amass about £20 million, plus £15 million for finishing 7th, and soon to get the TV rights money, we will be one of the richest clubs in the Premier league >.<.

Yeah, everytime they finish expanding, they usually start with more expansions, but its only like 1000 at a time. BUT. They've just decided to expand by 4000, meaning I will have a whopping capacity of 15,000 to host some of the bigger names in Europe. HOO. RAH.

How do you get your Club/Player loyalty stat up? I've been at Wycombe for 5 years now and it's at 6. I've turned down various jobs at higher profile clubs, so wtf? Isn't that loyalty?

Your player loyalty stat is probably letting that down. Are you buying and selling a lot? Do you rotate your team often or do you try and stick to the same 11 where possible?

That's probably it. I've sold 35 players and bought 49 or so. I'm starting to play same 11 players as often as possible though. I'm in the Championship right now and I'm starting to lay the foundation for an all UK team.

GOT PROMOTED TO THE PREMIERSHIP!

Edited by Ando Solo

Anyone know what the fuck to do with a player who "feels the manager doesn't appreciate his contribution to the team"? Arshavin's been constantly like this for several months now, which means his morale is generally sitting on Very Low (although I did see it go up to Okay once, the day after a big win).

I haven't even got a clue what's causing it, which is really the main problem. He's in the starting line-up 90% of the time, and I tried praising him in public once but it didn't seem to affect him at all. Might it be a contract thing? I can't think of much else.

Anyone know what the fuck to do with a player who "feels the manager doesn't appreciate his contribution to the team"? Arshavin's been constantly like this for several months now, which means his morale is generally sitting on Very Low (although I did see it go up to Okay once, the day after a big win).

I haven't even got a clue what's causing it, which is really the main problem. He's in the starting line-up 90% of the time, and I tried praising him in public once but it didn't seem to affect him at all. Might it be a contract thing? I can't think of much else.

Praise him publically every now again (not too often or he'll start saying "Doesn't feel he has to do much to get praise from his manager". Another thing you can do is single him out for praise in your team talks.

He probably won't sign a new contract since he's unhappy - but keep praising and playing him for a few months and it should go....