Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Daniel Levy finally sold up to a bunch of Englishmen, so no foreign billions, but it'd be interesting to see if they want to keep me on or not.

And the new chairman has just informed me there are no plans for any investments at this stage <_<

Edited by Zaz

Anyone know if there are still updates being made for FM 2008 anywhere?

There are, but I'm buggered if I can make them work

• Admin

My QPR season is still storming along - played 14, won 13 drew 1 in the league, and in my last game faced (at the time) leaders Southampton who had an identical record to me (with a better goal difference) - and destroyed them 3-0.

Now a run of cup games to get through!

On the plus side, in addition to the signings of Beattie & Earnshaw, since the close of the window I've managed to sign 2 free agents........George Boateng & Jermaine Beckford! Beckford is a destroyer, 5 games & 8 goals so far, including a hat-trick at Yeovil.

I've been linked with Leicester City (20th in League One, no chance) and Coventry (16th in the Championship), but I want to see out at least 2 seasons with QPR - unless a really good job comes my way!

Just curious, has there been any word on FM2010 yet?

Don't think so but you can bet 1 million peso's there will be a FM10 :pervert: They have a lot to fix/change actually.

It is currently being beta tested actually. I have mentioned it before in this thread as I am a tester.

This season has been boring. Went out of the CL early, doing well in the UEFA Cup now but don't care about winning it, in the semi-final of the FA Cup yet again but I don't want to win because I know that if I get to the final I'll just lose, I've been 3rd practically all season, miles off 4th but not good enough to overtake Arsenal and Chelsea who are both on steroids. My next two games in the league are Man United away and Chelsea away, and I think I'm gonna end up 4th because United are rapidly catching me up. Bullshit.

Edited by Pesci

Don't think so but you can bet 1 million peso's there will be a FM10 :pervert: They have a lot to fix/change actually.

It is currently being beta tested actually. I have mentioned it before in this thread as I am a tester.

Aha aren't you just the fucking man?

If you say so then yeah. Somebody asked if there was any word on fm10 and I told them there is. What the hell is the problem with that? Stop trying to be a keyboard warrior.

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE KEYBOARD WARRIOR!

If you say so then yeah. Somebody asked if there was any word on fm10 and I told them there is. What the hell is the problem with that? Stop trying to be a keyboard warrior.

There's a difference between saying it's in beta testing then you just trying to drop that you are a tester. It just comes across smarmy the way you said it. I'm not a 'keyboard warrior' you just come across as someone who finds himself very important.

So you can tell us something about the features?

There's a difference between saying it's in beta testing then you just trying to drop that you are a tester. It just comes across smarmy the way you said it. I'm not a 'keyboard warrior' you just come across as someone who finds himself very important.

Whether he came across as smarmy or not, you just came across as being a dick.

Anyway, I got bored of my old game as Leeds, so now I've just started a Man City game for shits and giggles. Shall see what happens.

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I'm right bored with playing the Premier League and the A-League. The latter, in particular, is ridiculously boring in FM.

I was toying with the idea of finding a way to move the Australian clubs to a different league with promotion/relegation and less of a constrictive salary cap. Has anybody been able to successfully transplant leagues? If so, how did you do it and what league did you transfer into?

I tried this with Turkey in 08 and it crashed as soon as a cup competition started. Doing it with Indonesia this time causes it to crash before it loads.

Is it possible? Or would a game like FIFA be better for that?

So you can tell us something about the features?

Unfortunately not (Can actually get taken to court if we breach the contract) but they usually release news in August anyway so only a month to wait. I suppose I can say it is a lot faster than 09 though on older computers as that is not really a feature as such.

So just started season number four after finishing 3rd. Was offered the Juve job but didn't quite fancy it so I decided to stay and carry on spunking money about. Bruno Alves for 19M because Dunne is starting to go senile, Flamini for 27M because I just felt like I needed to spend some money on a central midfield unit that hasn't really changed since I took over, 25m on Matias Fernandez and 21M on Hatem Ben Arfa after being offered him by Marseille and pricing everybody else out of the market wage wise, which is lucky because he's been on my radar since January.

Robino refused to sign a new contract with only a year left and I'll be damned if I'm letting anyone that talented go for a free next season so he left for 30M to... Spurs. For all his whining about wanting a bigger club, he could've chose one that even had Champions League football like we do. Arshavin refused to sign a new contract as well and I tried getting rid of him in January and the Summer just gone but nobody wants him for over 10M and I may as well keep him another season instead of selling him for spare change because he's still been playing pretty well. Kompany, Elano and Benayoun left to make room for the new signings. So this is the new team:

GK: Akinfeev/Ashley Wright (regen)

DR: Srna/Colin Brookes (regen)

DL: Balzaretti/Boka

DC: Richards/Alves/Dunne/Van Buyten

MC: Lucho Gonzalez/Flamini/Veloso/Johnson/McCann (lol, McCann - why did I sign him again?)

AMR/L/C: Ribery/Ben Arfa/Fernandez/Arshavin/SWP

FC: Benzema/Santa Cruz/Tim Collins (regen)/Caicedo (he won't fuck off)

If I have a bad season this year I may do the honourable thing and step down so the club can progress. I've spent a lot of money and I haven't really won much, besides the FA Cup. I don't wanna do what I did with my last long game on FM07 and just stay at the same club for ages, and I'd like to play with real players for as long as possible.