Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

You can always group them by holding Ctrl and clicking on everybody you want to scout first, and then right click and request a scout report on everybody at once, or if you want to scout everybody in a list, click on the first player, hold Shift and then click on the last player.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can always group them by holding Ctrl and clicking on everybody you want to scout first, and then right click and request a scout report on everybody at once, or if you want to scout everybody in a list, click on the first player, hold Shift and then click on the last player.

Holy mother of god, I've played this game loads since the CM days and I don't even know this. You are a god :blush:

Thanks. Didn't know about that :)

Fm 2010 new skin...

http://twitpic.com/a9jzt/full

Shouldn't have been released this early but Miles was drunk and testing twitpic. We are still using the 2009 skin for beta testing so no idea how it handles or anything.

I suppose worse things could come out that way.

I'm still trying to get back into FM and failing :(

Edited by Lord Hobington

Are Arsenal (and Adebayor and Walcott and Fabregas) absolutely phenomenal on anybody else's game? Seriously, there's being the best team in the league and then there's being Arsenal. Ridiculous.

I started a game with Arsenal a week ago. Walcott is pretty shit at the start but I know he develops into a class player. Adebayor is amazing, scored 16 in 25 so far and Fabregas is well....Fabre. Bit stupid how awesome Adebayor is but oh well, I'm not complaining.

Adebayor is amazing, scored 16 in 25

After our 5-4 win over Tottenham, Darren Bent has played 27 games (and come off the bench once) and has 28 goals. Bite it, Arsenal.

Also, Kaka is a complete douchebag. We're the Premier League champions, am going to do it again this year, am offering him one and a half times what he was making and he's still going "nooo i dont want to go to london it smells"

Edited by Lenny Betes

Man Utd are the oddest team in this game for transfers... I, as Tottenham, buy Carrick back off of them for 18.25M... the very next season after he had a top season they offer me 16M? What the hell?

EDIT: And of course he gets shitty that I rejected it <_<. Fuck off, Carrick, like I haven't been dealing with whinging from Arshavin, Modric and dos Santos. Cunt. <_<

Edited by RazorsEdge

Arsenal are invincible on this game. The partnership of Vela, Adebayor, Bendtner and Eduardo in the future is just deadly and one time on an FM Handheld game they won every single match in the league season. They're just unstoppable. It's impossible to beat them like 8 or 9 seasons in at the Emirates. They build that place like a fortress.

Arsenal are invincible on this game. The partnership of Vela, Adebayor, Bendtner and Eduardo in the future is just deadly and one time on an FM Handheld game they won every single match in the league season. They're just unstoppable. It's impossible to beat them like 8 or 9 seasons in at the Emirates. They build that place like a fortress.

I did an Invincibles season with Arsenal a while ago. And with a better record than the actual Invincibles from 03/04. Won 2 more games than them. W28 D10 L0 :)

And the next season I only lost 2 (Man U did the double on me)

Cool, it's always good to complete an unbeaten season. I haven't done one in FM09 but I did a few with Arsenal in the 08 game, funnily enough it was in the future and I won the league 7 times in a row. What a team I had then. I had Vela, Merida, Ustari, Paul Anderson from Liverpool, Angel di Maria, Nordveit and Sergio Aguero.

So I just about managed to pip Arsenal to the title by a point. Dramatic last game, all I needed was a draw but it was against Newcastle away and I just didn't see it happening... I went 2-1 up and then 3-2 down - I was not happy. What made it worse was that their 3 scorers were defenders who hadn't even scored yet this season. Luckily Gonzalo Higuain realised how awesome he is and scored again to get me the point. Speaking of Gonzalo Higauin, what a fantastic man. When I bought him I expected him to be used in a rotation policy but after Santa Cruz got shit he became my first choice striker and finished with 22 goals in the league after only having about 10 at the start of March. I got knocked out of the CL early and went into the UEFA Cup and managed to win that, just about overcoming Udinese in the final.

In the summer I can hopefully get rid of Dunne since he's of little value to me now and wants to be paying more often anyway. That would free up room for frighteningly good 19 year-old Inigo Garrido. Alastair Howson is only 20 himself but needs to be playing alongside a fast defender since he only has 10 (10!!) pace, which is pretty shocking. All his other stats are good apart from that so when Bruno Alves is out I might play him alongside Richards and have him sit fairly deep. And have Garrido deputise for Richards. My defence was pretty solid this season. We still conceded a fair few goals but those were as a result of a few 3-3 draws and a drubbing from Arsenal. It would've been a better goal difference otherwise.

The rest of my team is awesome. I'd like to give prospect Luca Tremolada some games but there's no way he'd get into my attacking line. Santa Cruz is a little past it but he's still worth keeping around in case I need a big guy to barge through powerful defences.

I'm really just biding my time until a bigger team wants me, to be honest. I'm holding out for Barca or Real but anoyingly they're both doing rather well and their managers aren't in any danger.

Took over Sunderland seeing they had been relegated. Took them right back up in 2nd at the Championship. Think I have a decent enough team to stay up as it is, only worrying thing is maybe St. Ledger is a little slow. Other than that, no real problems - signed a left wing back/winger in Badr El Kaddouri to strengthen us a little bit, but in the Championship Whitehead and Tainio were like the best right/left wing pairing in the world. Amazingly bizarre.

My team going into the Premiership looks like;

GK Carson

DR Watson

DL McCartney

DC St. Ledger

DC Nosworthy

MR Whitehead

ML El Kaddouri

MC Leadbitter

MC Maduro/Tainio

FC Agbonlahor

FC Berg

I could be in for a struggle to keep hold of Watson, think if I do have him go though Bardsley can do a job at right back. The money will be spent on more youth, so far I have signed as youth players this season;

Rafael Cojocaru

Alexander Trofimov

Gianluca Silva

Sergey Bagautdinov - Will have this player joining next year.

Still looking for more but will need to raise the funds first. Considering selling some never will be youngsters and old players who could command a respectable fee and see what's what. I just don't like telling players who have served me well that they are no longer needed :(

Edited by IAceI

So I just about managed to pip Arsenal to the title by a point. Dramatic last game, all I needed was a draw but it was against Newcastle away and I just didn't see it happening... I went 2-1 up and then 3-2 down - I was not happy. What made it worse was that their 3 scorers were defenders who hadn't even scored yet this season. Luckily Gonzalo Higuain realised how awesome he is and scored again to get me the point. Speaking of Gonzalo Higauin, what a fantastic man. When I bought him I expected him to be used in a rotation policy but after Santa Cruz got shit he became my first choice striker and finished with 22 goals in the league after only having about 10 at the start of March. I got knocked out of the CL early and went into the UEFA Cup and managed to win that, just about overcoming Udinese in the final.

In the summer I can hopefully get rid of Dunne since he's of little value to me now and wants to be paying more often anyway. That would free up room for frighteningly good 19 year-old Inigo Garrido. Alastair Howson is only 20 himself but needs to be playing alongside a fast defender since he only has 10 (10!!) pace, which is pretty shocking. All his other stats are good apart from that so when Bruno Alves is out I might play him alongside Richards and have him sit fairly deep. And have Garrido deputise for Richards. My defence was pretty solid this season. We still conceded a fair few goals but those were as a result of a few 3-3 draws and a drubbing from Arsenal. It would've been a better goal difference otherwise.

The rest of my team is awesome. I'd like to give prospect Luca Tremolada some games but there's no way he'd get into my attacking line. Santa Cruz is a little past it but he's still worth keeping around in case I need a big guy to barge through powerful defences.

I'm really just biding my time until a bigger team wants me, to be honest. I'm holding out for Barca or Real but anoyingly they're both doing rather well and their managers aren't in any danger.

Well you could always try Zigic hes great for his money!

With Hull City in first seasion i have to pick out of the following for my forwards

Zigic

Sinclar

Fagan

King

Millan

I bought a laptop two weeks ago and I obviously installed Football Manager on it too. I immediately installed the newest patch/update and I started a game with, like I previously mentioned, Arsenal. I thought a buttload of injuries was a thing of the past (old patch etc) but goddamn every player of my squad has been injured at least once. Nasri and Fabregas are the weakest of the bunch, they've been injured on and off for months. It got to a point that during a game I had FOUR injuries, including three strikers, what the hell? It just really killed the game for me, so I started a Journeyman game for once. Guess what? Three weeks in, my main striker: 5 months injured :shifty: It's as if my FM is missing certain files, because on my normal desktop computer I get injuries from time to time, but not 5 injuries every 2 weeks.

I bought a laptop two weeks ago and I obviously installed Football Manager on it too. I immediately installed the newest patch/update and I started a game with, like I previously mentioned, Arsenal. I thought a buttload of injuries was a thing of the past (old patch etc) but goddamn every player of my squad has been injured at least once. Nasri and Fabregas are the weakest of the bunch, they've been injured on and off for months. It got to a point that during a game I had FOUR injuries, including three strikers, what the hell? It just really killed the game for me, so I started a Journeyman game for once. Guess what? Three weeks in, my main striker: 5 months injured :shifty: It's as if my FM is missing certain files, because on my normal desktop computer I get injuries from time to time, but not 5 injuries every 2 weeks.

For some reason I've noticed that if I use the 9.3.0 database. If you're using that, try starting a game with the default database instead.