New Oasis album

David Hassellhoff

I'm a little surprised there's no thread yet for the new album...

oasis.jpg

So far I've heard the lead single and "Falling Down"(plus the remix by the Chemical Brothers), the original version of "Falling Down"(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPad-nZqFmw) is the best out of the three songs.

Edited by David Hassellhoff

Man, fuck Oasis. Easily the most overrated band in history. They have some alright songs to be fair, but the band members are cunts, a large part of their back catalogue blows chunks and sounds exactly like everything else, and yet they're revered by the likes of NME. Euch.

Oh my god guys! Dragsy doesn't like Oasis!? He's never made this point before, has he?

Seriously, bug off if you don't like the band. Nobody that likes the band cares whether or not you like them because they'll still have tons more copies of thier albums than your emo shite has.

With that out of the way, The Shock of the Lightning kinda reminds me of something that could be on Definitely Maybe so that's kinda promising for the album.

On one hand, Shock of Lightning doesn't fill me with hope. I just think it's typical and at this point, I don't want typical. I've had typical, didn't like typical and want something that will make me care about the current Oasis line-up. On the other however, Falling Down is really fucking good. I still love Noels vocals and, if he'd just release a solo album, I'd be there in a shot.

Man, fuck Oasis. Easily the most overrated band in history. They have some alright songs to be fair, but the band members are cunts, a large part of their back catalogue blows chunks and sounds exactly like everything else, and yet they're revered by the likes of NME. Euch.

Oh my god guys! Dragsy doesn't like Oasis!? He's never made this point before, has he?

Seriously, bug off if you don't like the band. Nobody that likes the band cares whether or not you like them because they'll still have tons more copies of thier albums than your emo shite has.

With that out of the way, The Shock of the Lightning kinda reminds me of something that could be on Definitely Maybe so that's kinda promising for the album.

What an odd point to make. Does that mean I'm supposed to care that you do like them, or...just where are you going with that? And if you're using album sales as an indication of quality (honestly, I can't make sense of the copies of their albums bit), that's just beyond stupid.

At least I can find 5+ emo songs that don't sound the bloody same. And cheers for the pigeonholing, I forgot I'm not supposed to listen to anything other than Hawthorne Heights, my apologies.

Why don't you rag on Ringy or Pesci?

A lot of bands have songs that sound the same in places. I've never picked up on Oasis' songs sounding any more similar than a lot of other bands/artists I've heard. Personally I don't need to hear jaw-dropping innovation in every song I hear from a band to enjoy their music, but to each his own.

A lot of bands have songs that sound the same in places. I've never picked up on Oasis' songs sounding any more similar than a lot of other bands/artists I've heard. Personally I don't need to hear jaw-dropping innovation in every song I hear from a band to enjoy their music, but to each his own.

Innovation doesn't really exist in the world of music anymore, and every elitist cunt who wants to argue that their favorite band defies that point probably don't understand the difference between innovation and the reemergence of the popularity of an old genre.

That said Oasis doesn't need to innovate as they haven't become too bland of an act. The only real need for innovation comes when your fanbase is tired of hearing the same material and obviously Oasis fans are pleased so let's leave it at that. If you weren't a fan to begin with you're probably not going to find anything now either.

I was hoping the lead single would be more in the vein of Lord Don't Slow Me Down or The Importance Of Being Idle which while they still are clearly Oasis tracks, have a little something that sets them apart from the Britpop era. I think overall Don't Believe The Truth did show signs of progression, or at least a change in their sound, however they picked the most typical sounding Oasis-song in Lyla to be the lead track. Then there was Let There Be Love as the closing single from that album. I think had they been a little bolder in their single choice - didn't Noel want Mucky Fingers to be the lead single? - they could've changed their standing in the eyes of most somewhat.

Looks like what has happened again. It's a good song, you instantly recognise it as Oasis, but it's not groundbreaking. It's a safe choice, it'll chart, sell well and bring attention to the album release. Being that they in my top 3 bands of all time, it was a bit disappointing as I'd hoped for more, but I think it'll be a solid album track and I continue to hold great hope for Dig Out Your Soul. Since the band became a Gallagher-Gallagher-Archer-Bell democracy they've gone from strength to strength.

:wub:

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

:wub:

Hammy can't show love to Dragsy, the world might implode!