Actors you'll watch in anything?

TKz

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morgan Freeman, Samuel L. Jackson, William H. Macy, Gary Oldman, Al Pacino, Tom Hanks, Robert Duvall, Angelina Jolie and Kate Beckinsale. Robin Williams also, but only in comedies (though he was damn good in Hook and Insomnia).

Deceased actors: John Wayne, Vincent Price, Jimmy Stewart, Cary Grant, Spencer Tracy, and Greer Garson.

Edited by GhostMachine

Jason Statham (just as well really seeing some of the shoddy movies he's been in). He makes any stupid action movie just that little bit more fun and entertaining.

Shit, I forgot all about Statham :\

Transporter 2 was such a fun movie, even if the action scenes seemed totally impossible. It was so cool

Edited by Mick MacLeod

Christian Bale, just a fantastic actor and seems to make anything he's in work. Morgan Freeman is another, he's just a class act when he comes onto the screen. In terms of movies in English, I really like Vincent Cassel, but I couldn't sit through a french film, just couldn't. I like Clive Owen to, he's pretty badass.

Someone mentioned Transporter 2, I know it's a little off topic, but I dug that film until the end. I mean, seriously, they spend the film hyping up his enemey, as she'sd ead in less that two minutes. 'Tis how I remember it anyway. But yes, Jason is badass.

Edited by Split Second

Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp and Christian Bale are ones I'll usually give a chance too, same with Jason Lee.

As a result of his writing/directing I'd say it also applies to Kevin Smith as an actor. I would have otherwise avoided a film like Catch & Release and would've met Die Hard 4 with indifference but for his brief appearance.

I completely forgot about Brad Pitt, the man's always been a bit overatted but he generally delivers a brilliant performance that I always enjoy.

Se7en <3

I'm also looking forward to his new film, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

Which, fyi, looks fucking weird. :x

Edited by TheKazarian

Clooney and Cusack, primarily. Samuel L. is awesome, but seriously, there's been some clunkers that even he couldn't save. (The Man and Jumper leap to mind.)

I do have to give props to guys like Depp and Downey, as they can show up in any kinds of roles and pull them off, regardless of the quality of the rest of the film.