Sequels You Want

Benji

Yes, Hollywood far too often makes needless sequels, but what are the films you'd actually want to see get a sequel?

Every time I watch the Fifth Element I love the universe it creates for itself, the vague mysticism and near-future feel as well as the totally unique design is a place I'd love to see revisited and expanded, even if the characters aren't the same ones we know and love.

I'm still waiting on an unlikely Daredevil sequel, there has been talk of it for years but nothing ever comes to fruition and, despite the critics, I loved it, or at least the Directors Cut.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a sequel to the Fifth Element would be good. I'm not a huge fan of the original, but I agree that the world is really intriguing.

I'd love to see another Beetlejuice. He's such a great character that could be explored much more. As long as Tim Burton made it, I would be excited.

Also, I always wanted to know what happened to Peter after the events of the original Dawn of the Dead. It would be interested to see where he and the zombified world was 30-some years later. And as far as journeymen go, I would be thrilled to either see a movie about Seth Gecko after the events from From Duck Til Dawn, or a movie about the Gecko brothers before the original.

I too loved Daredevil, Colin Farrells Bullseye was a thing of beauty. I hear there making a completely new one though, as opposed to any kind of sequel. :( (Incredible Hulk style)

I've always wanted to see The Vega Brothers made into a real film, but I really don't see that happening now considering the age and shape that John Travolta and Michael Madsen are in nowadays (I love me some Michael Madsen as well.), but it's something I'd always wanted to see happen, just because of how cool the two characters were. Though, I suppose that'd be a prequel. Ssh.

Starship Troopers, I wished for one... got it, and haven't watched said sequel since. The third film was a fun little thing though, so I was happy to get that :) speaking of Sci-Fi, I'm dying for another Alien film, but it'd need Sigourney Weaver and she's not exactly young anymore either. I love the whole Alien franchise but I doubt they'll be going back their considering I think I was the only person in the world that actually liked Alien 4. :x

Serenity is another, but as much as every Browncoat out there dreams and wishes and buys extra copies of the Firefly DVDs, I really don't see it ever happening. Plus I'd perfer they just did more of Firefly if Whendon ever did return to the verse.

And one last one that's another favourite of mine that I don't think a lot of people liked, Van Hellsing. I'd love for them to continue the story and have Hellsing go after a few more monster, I mean... they've got plenty left. Also it should not go through without the return of both Hugh Jackman and David Wenham. Wenham's performance in that film was hilarious, though, tbh I'm a fan of anything he does. :x

David Lynch's version of Dune and Twister.

Dune Messiah is a short enough book as it is that you can make it into a movie without butchering it. I'd finish it off with Children of Dune, seeing how it starts to get a little weird(er) after that.

Also, a sequel to True Lies would be nice.

Hmph. I'm in agreement with Benji that there are far too many sequels. I'm also in agreement about another Fifth Element, but as much as I love Bruce Willis and especially Mmmmmilla, it'd probably work better with a completely different cast, maybe with a small crossover with a more minor cast member somewhere....

Human Traffic 2 would be good, following the now 30 somethings on their night-out adventures. Would be a good piece to show the difference between how they could party when they were young and how now they just want to go to sleep at midnight after a couple of pints. Also it would mean more John Simm which has to be a good thing.

I'm looking forward to the surefire stupidity of Transporter 3 but NOT to the rumoured Crank 2 (love Crank, but 2 just would not work whatsoever).

Naked Gun 4 would be brilliant with an older Leslie Neilsen being forced out of retirement.

Ace Ventura 3 would be right for all kinds of wrong reasons.

But uh, yeah....Sequels shouldn't be made unless that's the original plan...or the movie universe is deep enough to encourage it.

Rocky quite clearly needs a sequel. As does Star Wars and Saw.

In all seriousness though, Johnny English.

Surely you are joking about Saw, right?

That should have stopped after number two.

:mellow: Look at the three films I mentioned in the first line, spot a pattern. I'll give you a clue, they're all related to the second line of your post.

Its a damn crime that there hasn't been a sequel to Big Trouble In Little China. Seriously.

I wish they had done a sequel to Demolition Man.....provided Sandra Bullock (and maybe Denis Leary) returned, not just Sylvester Stallone.

Also, a sequel to True Lies would be nice.

There was talk of a sequel to True Lies, but then Arnie decided to become a politician.