Trading in games

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to, but now I don't think I will. Due to a rash of robberies in the area, all Gamestops in my county are now requiring written records (as well as the computer records they used to keep) for every six games you trade. Written records include place of employment, and THUMB PRINTS! Not to mention a trade that would take 3 minutes, now takes a half hour. They should only do that for cash trades. But I used to trade in a lot more. Not worth the hassle anymore.

Always trade it, knock down the cost of the next game I want. I traded in Madden 09 to get Gears of War 2 most recently, got $31 for Madden, which is spectacular considering how quick sports title's value drops.

I only hold onto games with really good replay value, so mostly sports games or multiplayer shooters.

Conversly I have a friend who never trades in anything and has easily close to 1000 games, if not more.

Prices don't really drop--at least here--until the season's over, so I'm not really surprised at that price.

Wait... you trade in the old versions?

*looks at NCAA Football and Madden NFL collections with a smile.*

I fear that sports collections may become a problem for me one day. For Smackdown, I only need to buy Smackdown vs RAW and this years (oh, and a real copy of Smackdown 1 :shifty: ) to have all of them. Plus, if could buy the FIFA games for the pennies that stores offered I might be able to knock something up there. I have the early SNES games but after that i'd need 98 through to 09.

I fear that sports collections may become a problem for me one day. For Smackdown, I only need to buy Smackdown vs RAW and this years (oh, and a real copy of Smackdown 1 :shifty: ) to have all of them. Plus, if could buy the FIFA games for the pennies that stores offered I might be able to knock something up there. I have the early SNES games but after that i'd need 98 through to 09.

I'm thankful that my collection of sports game started rather late, and that all the old ones can be found for a buck each, save for the more recent ones. The PS1 NCAAs were probably the most expensive, since they were about four bucks. I only need the current one and the two Bill Walsh College football games to complete that collection.

Madden's a little more tricky, however.

And, yes, I do play them. I'd be playing a Dynasty in all of them if I only had the memory card space.

Once I've played a game enough, I rarely play it again unless its a sports title. I trade stuff in all the time. I have found that Gamestop has started to pay a bit more for stuff.

Barrie doesn't have a Gamestop, does it?

It's upstairs in the Georgian Mall where Music World used to be. The EB Games is still downstairs too. I think the same guy manages both.

I've traded in some games before. Most notably was THUGII and Tony Hawk American Wasteland. Both crap and finished within the day i bought them. American Wasteland came with a free watch though which I kept.

I also traded in my old xbox with all 20 games I owned and two controllers which got a whole like $200 knocked off the of a pre-owned 360.

I trade in some games occasionally, but only if...

It's pretty linear

It has no replay value (or no multiplayer)

I enjoyed it at the start, but got sick of it towards the end

I didn't pay full price for it to begin with

It's an older version / I have the sequel

I've actually played it for a bit

So stuff like Phoenix Wright and Zelda: Phantom Hourglass I've traded because once you've played through it there's not much point in keeping them. Getting to the end of Zelda was also turning into a slog, so once that was finished I didn't want to see it again. Also traded Hotel Dusk, although that was a brilliant game I couldn't see myself playing it again, so traded it ASAP to get the highest amount for it.

Traded in a few of my old Xbox games since I either have their 360 sequels or they aren't back compatible (since my Xbox has major problems reading discs. Like father, like son I guess...).

But I really begrudge trading something in for less than I paid for it if I don't feel I've gotten any enjoyment from them from lack of time to play them. If I've played it and it's shit, then fair enough.

And no way will I trade anything if I get less than £1 or £2 for it unless that's what I paid for it myself. For that amount of money I'd rather just keep the bloody thing.

But generally speaking, I'll only trade in stuff that I've completed, half-played and didn't really like or don't think I'll play again, or stuff I have newer versions of.

Thought I'd ask this here since its about trading.. How much do you guys think I could get for all the smackdown games on ps2 besides 08 and 09 ?

Local gamestop offered me $4 for all of them. Hoping I might get a better price on ebay but I dunno what I should set the price at.

Thought I'd ask this here since its about trading.. How much do you guys think I could get for all the smackdown games on ps2 besides 08 and 09 ?

Local gamestop offered me $4 for all of them. Hoping I might get a better price on ebay but I dunno what I should set the price at.

I really wouldn't hold out for much more than that for trade-ins. What do you mean by 'all of them' anyways?

Fuck all, when a new one comes out, the trade value of the previous most recent game worse than halves, I think we offer about £1 for anything prior to SD '08, and that's on 360, prolly 10p each for PS2.

Also, I know the chances of anyone here trading something in at the Gloucester Gamestation are pretty slim, but on the half of game store workers everywhere I implore you not to trade stuff in after about half past 4, especially if you've got tons of stuff like consoles and accessories. It really doesn't help, and saying stuff like "I don't mean to be awkward and "if you wouldn't mind" make us want to smash your face off the counter moreso, not less.

Also, don't be a cunt on and off for 2 hours to me because we didn't get a delivery of your precious Guitar Hero instrument bundle (blame Nintendo for fucks' sake) piss and moan about only getting £35 for the Rock Band instruments, then TRADE THE FUCKING THING IN less than a week later. At twenty past five. Without knowing which 360 bundle you want to get instead. Bitching about used sales and lying to me about "manager's specials".

At least buy a fucking warranty so I can put my music on at work :@

I really wouldn't hold out for much more than that for trade-ins. What do you mean by 'all of them' anyways?

I have every smackdown game for the PS2 except 08 and 09 . and since I don't play them anymore thought it would be good to get rid of them.

Looked on ebay and a copy of here comes the pain(by itself) is selling for at most $5 so i might set the price to #20

I hoard games, because whilst I may never play those games again, I think the 50p offered by retailers is insulting.

I can think of lots of others things I could do with old games which hold more value.

Last year I gave a box of about 20-30 old PSX games to an 8 year old, who thought all his Christmases had come at once.

I could use the disks as frisbees.

I could use the instruction booklets to start a fire.

I could reuse the covers for DVDs etc.

As far as I can see, trading in games is utterly pointless - unless you're 13.