The Inevitable January Transfer Market Topic

Crybaby Bunting

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not too sure who Fulham really need to grab. We have a good defense, and since I haven't seen how our back-up would play, I guess we are doing alright in that area, our midfield has always been good, and we spent a lot on a strikeforce. Maybe another striker, since Zamora can't score, but otherwise, I'd be more interested in us holding onto players than anything.

New plan for Sunderland's strategy.

New manager comes in and if it's Allardyce signs a load of Premiership unproven defenders who are bought on the basis they can kick a long ball to Kenwyne Jones.

Replace with appropriate strategy referring to managers style who takes over. Which will no doubt include signing half of their former team <_<

A bit more creativity in the midfield wouldn't hurt Fulham, nor would another decent striker to go alongside Johnson.

The striker I agree with, in midfield I think we have creativity, if anything we need a brick wall, ball winning midfielder more than anything. We counter well, but don't often win the ball in the middle of the park.

See Messi doesn't look too bad there. Tevez looks like he's Professor Frankenstein's mad and slightly demented assistant though.

As for Rangers in January, I honestly have no clue. We don't need a striker, we could do with some cover in defence and a creative midfielder would be good since the more I see Barry Ferguson play the more I don't rate him.

Hildebrand has left Valencia by terminating his contract. This means one of two things

1) Valencia are really screwed money wise if they have to get rid of what used to be a first choice goalkeeper and is now a really solid backup

2) This could be a decent back-up or replacement for Gomez

Edited by The General