The Inevitable January Transfer Market Topic

Crybaby Bunting

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two Robbie Keane reports today - firstly a possible Spurs move for 15 mil and secondly from BBC 5 Live that it would be a straight swap for Aaron Lennon which would be the most bittersweet of deals. I would love Robbie's return but cry real tears for Aaron's leaving.

I'd rather we just paid 15mil - we must have that money around somewhere...

Still think Lennon is one of the most overrated guys out there, fantastic speed but as said above, no proper final ball. I've never rated him when people have claimed him to be great, he's just a really average player who has speed.

Maybe now Keane realises going to Liverpool was the worst choice possible. One player I'm still surprised Liverpool haven't really pushed for is David Villa, because he'd be ideal for the team and a perfect partner for Torres.

Lennon's low crosses are pretty good and he's developed an excellent habit of cutting inside and having a shot from the edge of the box a bit like Scholes, Lampard or Gerrard but from the wing. He also tackles back well for a small lad and works for the full 90.

Still think Lennon is one of the most overrated guys out there, fantastic speed but as said above, no proper final ball. I've never rated him when people have claimed him to be great, he's just a really average player who has speed.

Maybe now Keane realises going to Liverpool was the worst choice possible. One player I'm still surprised Liverpool haven't really pushed for is David Villa, because he'd be ideal for the team and a perfect partner for Torres.

Villa would be a great signing for Liverpool, but unfortunately he'd cost an absolute load, I'm not sure anyone but Man City have the money itd cost.

Villa rejected Real Madrid in the summer, I don't think he'd even go to Liverpool if they stumped up the cash (which doesn't seem likely.) Madrid have Huntelaar now and Barcelona seem to be keeping Eto'o and also have Bojan coming through, so he may well be going abroad, though. I can imagine him going to Chelsea in the summer so Abrahmovic can prove he's still interested in football.

fucking MLS sucks .... Gonna loan McBride right back to Fulham ? Good job on tossing one of the best things you had going into this season (Y)

I dont think that it's a terrible move since it only looks like it will be till the end of the EPL season and I think that the Fire should be able to get along alright without him. I also kinda want to see how this works out with Dempsey coming on recently I have been trying to catch more Fulham games.

Considering that it is highly likely that Beckham/Donovan won't be coming back after their stints, this looks bad if it goes through.

And yeah, it'd be a bad thing considering the end of the EPL season is three months into the MLS season. Chicago (and MLS) w/McBride and Blanco or Chicago (and MLS) wo/McBride ..... yeah, easy which one we'd rather have. This move would only make the MLS continue to look second rate. It's these kinds of things that MLS has to get over and get better at. This move is basically saying ... "oh you were just kidding Brian ? Sure, go back for two/three months and play real football and then come back and just dick around with us here in our REC league when you feel like it." That's bad.