Favorite TV Ads?

Hobo

I love how all the people commenting on the Honda advert are arguing whether it is fake or not. Like it matters...

Like you say, it doesn't matter, but for the record, it's real. I have the making of documentary (along with the ad itself and some alternate cuts) on DVD. Came free if you ordered a Honda catalogue online a few years ago.

As for my favourites, I'm loving this Nike ad at the moment, the music is wonderful and the whole thing where LT always runs left to right and Polamalu right to left, playing off the destiny thing.

The Mercenaries 2 ad was ace, the song made it really, but it's still a quality ad (and I love stuff like the smoke skull and the building being made out of the dollar bill). And I got plenty of laughs at work when I put the song on the playlist.

Can't really have this kind of discussion without bringing the Nike football ads up (and I'm not even a football fan >_>), particularly the Cantona devil one, but also The Mission, The Cage and the Brazil airport one.

How Barry Scott hasn't been brought up yet, I'll never know.

Venables: Offside!

Some guy: What's offside?

Venables: ...I dunno.

I have the Cog DVD too. I remember Keith refusing to believe me that it existed.

Edited by We Three Kings of Ellis

• 3 weeks later...
There was a Carlberg or Carling advert years ago about how football started...it was in medievil England and some guy bought something for three groats, I cant remember exactly what happened cause it was such a long time ago but the advert was awesome

THIS: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nrGa5JM9GjE

Edited by Stevie B

I know this is favourite TV ads, so I'll dig one up to share as well...

...but dear God, has anyone seen the ads for Take a Break (crappy women's magazine)? It's a rip-off of the Halifax random singing ads, but it's just executed so poorly - mainly because they haven't picked a lead singer who can sing. At all.

Honestly, it's worse than the DFS Rockstar ads.

And this one is just weird.

Sky Sports uncharacteristically bringing shedloads of unadulterated awesome.

And the greatest Japanese drink adverts going.

Seriously, though, just about any Guinness advert in the last twenty years. Advertising genius.