The Left 4 Dead Thread

zero

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And you guys cannot talk about meleeing when people like Maxx are the worst offenders.

First of all, no. Devilsh Jumper only melees ever. You can't complain I shoot people and complain I melee to much.

Secondly, I don't bitch about meleeing, its part of the game, get over it. Yes it needs to be cleaned up, for instance not being able to attack people from behind when they melee, but I've got no complaints when people melee me if they're facing me.

Don't tell me to get over it, Dragsy was the one who brought it up. :rolleyes:

Anyway, all the tank talk on 4th is irrelevant. If we would have had 2 more human guys instead of stupid AI we would have had a good chance of getting into the safe room.

Edited by Rear Admiral Ellis

Anyway, all the tank talk on 4th is irrelevant. If we would have had 2 more human guys instead of stupid AI we would have had a good chance of getting into the safe room.

Mmmno, not even 4 human players would stop the unstoppable Dawsontank.

Of course, if the director spawns me in the sewers knowing very well it will take me my whole control time to get remotely near the survivors, I can be stopped <_<

Just joined a random versus game, and I was the only Survivor in the game. It was the start of Stage 3 on No Mercy and my team was down huge. I sayed "fuck it" and started to play by myself, and people joined about a quarter of the way through the level.

We were down by like 2500 and I had no headset, but my teammates and I kicked ass and after the finale had won by 2000 points. We shut them out for every stage I was a part of, and they didn't even touch the radio on Stage 5.

Not sure if anyone saw this yet, but apparently they fixed a lot of issues in L4D and a free update will transpire when you start the game while connected to Xbox Live. The article is here, but if you're too lazy to click on it here's the article.

February 24, 2009 - Valve has released an auto-update for the Xbox 360 version of Left 4 Dead that will add a host of fixes, tweaks, and new features to the console version of the survival shooter. The update is free and will automatically apply itself when Left 4 Dead players sign on to Xbox Live. Players will now find changes to the versus mode, bug fixes, and balancing tweaks. Here is the full list of updates, straight from Valve:

General

-Fixed Survivors being able to climb surfaces marked for versus infected only.

-Fixed a class of SurvivorBot bugs dealing with rescuing downed players.

-Players can no longer grab ladders while flying through the air after a Tank punch.

-Shooting near a car with an alarm that has already fired the alarm will no longer make chirping noises.

-Fixed mini-gun physics exploit.

-Fixed propane tanks (and other physics objects) causing players to fall through elevators.

-Fixed rare achievement bug issues.

-Fixed several map exploits.

Versus Changes

-Added HUD elements to show status of other infected players.

-Fixed instance where a Survivor changing to the infected team would be attacked by infected bots.

-Normalized special infected melee damage.

-Fixed exploit where infected players could run away and teleport back to gain health.

-Players can only change teams once per map.

-Players can't change teams while other players are still loading.

-Tank spawns at the same % through the map for both teams in versus mode.

-Made the Tank and Witch spawn directly on the escape route.

-Increased chance of getting the Tank or Witch Fixed team swap issue.

Hunter

-Easier to pounce a Survivor who is meleeing Increased Minimum damage a Hunter pounce does.

Smoker

-Fixed Smoker tongue tolerance.

-Smoker now has to be killed or the tongue destroyed for the tongue to break.

-Survivors cannot bash someone off the tongue until the Survivor being pulled is paralyzed or hanging

-Tongue attacks that fail to paralyze or hang a Survivor will use the shorter ability delay timer.

-Fixed cases where the ability timer was not using the correct time.

-Fixed case where you could point at a Survivor but not register a tongue hit.

-Fixed Smoker tongue not targeting and landing properly through PZ ghosts.

-Smoker tongue does damage every second while dragging paralyzed Survivors.

Tank

-Bashable objects now appear with a red glow.

-Tanks hitting a car with an alarm disables the alarm permanently.

-Tank frustration timer is only reset by hitting Survivors with rocks or fists

-Reduced autoshotgun damage against Tanks.

Witch

-Witch spawns at the same % through the map for both teams.

-Avoids spawning within a certain % of the tank.

-Fixed an exploit where the Witch could be woken up and tricked into attacking Survivors.

I wonder if by fixing map exploits they are crucifing the Jesus spots.

-Easier to pounce a Survivor who is meleeing Increased Minimum damage a Hunter pounce does.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Maxx.

Edited by Rear Admiral Ellis