EWB's Favourite Mashups

Benji

What's yours? I've been listening to "No Taylor No Scar" by Norwegian Recycling for around a year now and it has yet to go a day without a listen, I've got an inexplicable love not just for the songs in it, but also the wonderful mixing.

For those interested it contains:

1. The Fugees - No Woman, No Cry

2. Jack Johnson - Taylor

3. Missy Higgins - Scar

4. Honeywagon - When I Come Around

5. Colin Hay - Down Under

This is my favourite Daft Punk//Timberlake//Snoop

Ah I quite like that one, well chosen songs, but the mixing's a bit off, it could do with a bit of heightening of the vocals and more of an actual mashup than what's basically just vocals over instrumentals. There's another Daft Punk one out there that mashes up Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" with "Stronger" which I adore, clicky. Daft Punk are prime mashup material, I'm surprised I've not seen more of them.

Come Closer Together

And one that mashes up "We're In This Together", "The Line Begins To Blur" and "Closer" together, by Nine Inch Nails.

Is that you misnaming "Come Together" or is that also the name of a NIN song I'm not familiar with (I'm not really familiar with song titles outside the singles tbh)? That mash is great, I love the "I Wanna Fuck You / Over Me" repeat and sync.

...it's "Closer" by Nine Inch Nails. That's the "official" mash-up name of the song, "Come Closer Together".

:P Probably their biggest single.

Edited by Tristof the Christmas Nazi

...it's "Closer" by Nine Inch Nails. That's the "official" mash-up name of the song, "Come Closer Together".

:P Probably their biggest single.

I know that :P You said "We're In This Together", I was questioning if there was a song I wasn't hearing in the mashup that went by that name or whether you were misnaming "Come Together" by The Beatles.

I've always liked the Leftfield "Phat Planet" / Fatboy Slim "Bird Of Prey" genius myself

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XpPAlDW2f1w

I entered into this mix of Prodigy's "Smack My Bitch Up" and Chemical Brother's "Hey Boy Hey Girl" with some trepidation but it works well and some parts are great.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=igl97uxbRCs

The only mashups I have are Bloc Party mashups with Coldplay and Gwen Stefani which are shit as you might expect.

Oh wait no...I have a mashup of the Star Wars Imperial March and Galvanize by the Chemical Brothers. That's cool as fuck. I was given it for free. It was a promo CD for some club in Glasgow. They were dishing them out in freshers week so I expect half the uni has it.

Just out of curiosity, did anyone ever mash up +44 and Angels and Airwaves? Seemed like such an obvious one and yet I've never heard of one.

Edited by Maxx