Rock Against Bush

apsham

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had it for almost a month now...order it off Fat Wreck Chords and its only $8

Best tracks IMO:

The Offspring-Baghdad

Anti-Flag-The School of Assasins

New Found Glory-No News is Good News

Pennywise-God Save the USA

NOFX-Jaw Knee Music

Less Than Jake/Billy Brag-The Brightest Bulb Has Burned Out

And the best track

Strike Anywhere-To The World

Anti-Flag's Terror State Album addresses the problems with America, Bush and the war much more directly.

Anti-Flag-The School of Assasins

*shudders* Anti Flag makes my ears bleed. Other then that, it's a nice idea, but since the majority of people picking it up will be under 18 I don't know how much good it will do. Hopefully it'll produce a generation of non-Republicans.

Guest sexy monkey

but since the majority of people picking it up will be under 18 I don't know how much good it will do. Hopefully it'll produce a generation of non-Republicans.

It could do just that, but, I bet the parents will end up hearing the music just because they will be around at times. I imagine most parents know what their kids listen to in their bedroom or on the computer. My parents know what I listen to and sometimes I have them listen to my music. So, it could be spread that way. Just a thought.

It could do just that, but, I bet the parents will end up hearing the music just because they will be around at times. I imagine most parents know what their kids listen to in their bedroom or on the computer. My parents know what I listen to and sometimes I have them listen to my music. So, it could be spread that way. Just a thought.

I highly doubt that parents are going to be influenced by their kids' music. Probably the exact opposite. Hopefully the kids let their parents see the bonus videos and such; that might help.

It's a good idea, but the wrong bands to do it. The bands they've chosen are pop-punk nonsense that's only going to appeal to kids and a few adults, not enough to sway the voters at all.

And Billy Bragg with Less Than Jake....why, Billy, why?! You can make more of a political statement on your own than the rest of the bands on this album combined!

Hey, where's the love for Pennywise? And less than Jake :(

Pennywise and Less than Jake need to be shot, ASAP.

This is just typical left-wing garble. Bitch and moan about the president using vague references with no back-up. "The President sucks cock, I hate his guts".

Hell, if you are going to buy something like that go and buy "Nevermind the Bullocks Here Comes the Sex Pistols" and replace "God Save the Queen" with "God Save George Bush". Same thing, different time.

best song in my eyes:

Ministry - No W or The Get Up Kids - Lion & The Lamb

EDIT: And as for going and buying a Sex Pistols CD...they suck cock.

Edited by Tristy

Oh, on second thought, Social Distortion and the Descendents are good as well. Ministry are cool in my books too.

I don't understand what anyone sees in Anti Flag ("GEORGE BUSH SUCKS, I HATE AMERICA") and Sum 41 ("TYPICAL REBELLION THOUGHT HERE"). Pennywise and Less than Jake are horrible, horrible groups. Why do the Ataris feel the need to express their beliefs? Didn't they cover Boys of Summer? What the hell does that have to do with politics?

Oh, on second thought, Social Distortion and the Descendents are good as well. Ministry are cool in my books too.

I don't understand what anyone sees in Anti Flag ("GEORGE BUSH SUCKS, I HATE AMERICA") and Sum 41 ("TYPICAL REBELLION THOUGHT HERE"). Pennywise and Less than Jake are horrible, horrible groups. Why do the Ataris feel the need to express their beliefs? Didn't they cover Boys of Summer? What the hell does that have to do with politics?

I stand by Lion & The Lamb as a good track.

Good bands on the CD, IMO:

Alkaline Trio

Epoxies

Ministry

The Get Up Kids

Jello Biafra w/ D.O.A

Descendents

None More Black