EWB Fantasy Premier League

Lord Nibbler

If we get enough people then I have no problem running two divisions. On the other hand, some of the people who were interested at the start haven't responded to my PMs yet. If they're not interested any more then we might be able to fit everyone who wants to play into one league.

Would it? I'm presuming with 2 divisions there will be 20 teams, which is the same amount of teams in the Premier League-surely that means there is enough players?

Is this designed to run for the whole season btw? If so, I could see one league of 20 working.

Would it? I'm presuming with 2 divisions there will be 20 teams, which is the same amount of teams in the Premier League-surely that means there is enough players?

Not really. It would only work if you could guarantee that each manager had 11 first choice players in their squad, which you can't. For example, what if an unscrupulous manager ( :shifty: ) pulled out all the stops to buy Chris Kirkland, Robert Green and Tim Howard (for example)? That would mean two other managers would be left with goalkeepers that rarely (if ever) play.

And I don't even think all 20 Premiership teams have 23 players in their senior squad.

Plus, on a more general note, it gives managers more options when they come to pick their team. It's all about balancing the big name players with the lower-profile squad players who you know will get you appearance points every week.

Is this designed to run for the whole season btw? If so, I could see one league of 20 working.

The league doesn't start until the transfer window closes, and we have to take into account the weeks when not all 20 Premiership teams play.

And I don't even think all 20 Premiership teams have 23 players in their senior squad.

This is true. I think Aston Villa may be down to about six now :shifty:

Portsmouth, too.

When are we picking the teams and stuff?

Not until the window closes. Feel free to start designing a kit and finding a shirt sponsor, though.

• 3 weeks later...

Came onto the second page to post in the other Fantasy League thread and remembered about this one! Seasons about to start, I know we can't start the game until September but are there any updates on this? I notice there hasn't been a forum post in a couple of weeks either otherwise I would've asked on there.

We have 16 people signed up to the forum, and it looks like that's it. I think we can probably run one league of 16, but if anyone else does sign up in the next week or so then we'll split into two.

As we get closer to the deadline I'll make sure everyone knows what they have to do with regards to picking their squads. People can pick their squads before the deadline, then tweak them to take into account any deadline day transfers, or injuries. Hopefully we can get the first round done by the 1st/2nd, and then subsequent rounds will take less time.

I think the first set of games will probably be on the 19th and 20th of September, at the earliest. That should give us plenty of time to run a 30-game season.