EWB Fantasy Premier League

Lord Nibbler

EDIT: Having looked at the rules, it's mainly fine. I only have two gripes: One is midfielders getting points for clean sheets, I don't see why that's really neccessary but it's not a big thing.

It's an incentive to buy players like Mascherano or Essien who won't score many goals, but will get clean sheets.

The other is what you do if it ends level on goals. Surely draws are ok, and even if you do want a clear winner, what if a game ends, score-wise, 32-33, and it ends 3-3 on the points-to-goals thing, but because the guy who got 32 was at home, he wins? That doesn't seem fair.

Actually that's a mistake.

The home advantage bonus only comes into effect if the home side is ahead by 4 points but level on goals. So if the score was 34-30 (3-3) then the home team would get an extra point and win 35-30 (4-3).

It's a small thing, and it doesn't happen much, so we can always scrap it.

Fair enough, all is good then :)

There are 10 people confirmed (including you) and 7 people who said they'd be interested initially. The Cool One would make 18, which is too many teams. We miss 4 weeks of fixtures because we can't start until the transfer window is done, and then we have to take into account weeks in which some teams don't play.

If we had too many teams then I guess we could always have two separate games with 10 or so teams each.

Or maybe have two divisions? If there's too many, and people are committed enough, you could split everyone in half, have a Division 1 and a Division 2, that way everyone can still take part and we won't have too many to fulfill the fixtures. You could include promotion and relegation, with new people for the next season joining at the bottom.

Yeah, it probably is a good idea, site-meltdown or not.

I used to run a forum on Proboards, very simple to set-up and run. It doesn't look too great but it's very easy to get around as an admin and as a user. Invisionfree looks good but can be a nightmare with the coding and formatting sometimes.