Dead Rising 2 is official!

abundant

London – February 9, 2009 - Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today confirmed that Dead Rising 2 is in development for three different gaming platforms: the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Sony Computer Entertainment's PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3) and the PC.

The sequel to the 1.5 million-plus selling Dead Rising, Dead Rising 2 will take the franchise to a new level of zombie-killing fun with tens of thousands of zombies, the all new gambling paradise of Fortune City to explore and conquer plus a host of new in-game objects that can all be used as deadly weapons to stave off the zombie assault.

Dead Rising 2 is set several years after the infamous zombie invasion of Willamette. Unfortunately, the zombie virus was not contained at the conclusion of Dead Rising, spreading unchecked throughout the United States and Dead Rising 2 depicts a country where zombie outbreaks continue to strike.

Dead Rising 2 is being developed in partnership with up and coming Canadian developer Blue Castle Games. A number of members from the original Dead Rising team will be working alongside Blue Castle Games throughout the development process, including Capcom's global head of research and development, Keiji Inafune, who as the game's Producer will play an active role in the project.

Released in 2006, Dead Rising won praise across the globe for its mix of intense zombie action and dark humour, garnering numerous awards including IGN's "Most Innovative Design for Xbox 360", Gamespot's "Best Action-Adventure Game" for 2006 and "Action Game of the Year" at the 2006 Spike TV Video Game Awards.

Screen shots

Edited by abundant

PLAYSTATION 3! GOD YES, GOD YES, GOD YES!

This and Gears of War are the only things that make made me wish I'd bought an X-Box 360.

Bootleg trailer for the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d87f8pqEsU8

I'm cannot wait for this, I love all things Zombie related and I will be buying this the day it comes out.

Here's hoping you'll actually be able to read the darn on screen text this time around.

I didn't LOVE the original like a lot of people, some controls were awkward and the combat could have been better, but it was fine and I'll probably check this out.

Eh, I think being able to save anywhere would remove a lot of the tension. And it's a mall full of zombies, you're not gonna have some old biddy suddenly become Rambo and want to run through the horde with guns blazing or 2x4 swinging.

The first one was great, and for some odd reason I never encountered any of those discussed glitches. After about two tries of shooting the bosses, I just said "fuck this!" and smacked in the gob with the sledgehammer. That got them down pretty quick. But yes if the failings (horrible save systema and annoying AI) Dead Rising 2 is going to be fucking awesome.

I tried to get that achivement where you have to kill a thousand zombies with your bare hands. So I kill a 1000 zombies and.. no achivement. How do you get that one again? Do you need to have an empty inventory? Not use your special abilities?

Edited by Al SRNow

I tried to get that achivement where you have to kill a thousand zombies with your bare hands. So I kill a 1000 zombies and.. no achivement. How do you get that one again? Do you need to have an empty inventory? Not use your special abilities?

Like it says, bare hands, nothing selected in your inventory. It helps if you get a certain magazine that increases your strength with your bare hands. Then it's a case of kicking some ass.