NFL 2009

livid

Colts have re-signed Jeff Saturday according to ESPN.

Chris Canty will visit with the Redskins. Word is that they won't be able to afford him and Haynesworth. I'm not sure which one I'd rather them get. Is neither an option? <_<

Now, the Titans apparently want Canty on their line in Albert's absence.

and Hall re-signs as well.

Snyder is off to the races already. Maybe he will end up as the next 'jj' .... God I'm going to be pissed if I moved from one cash bleeding jackoff running a team to another .......

What do you mean if? You absolutely moved to a much worse one. Snyder has been giving away massive contracts since he bought the team, and its gotten them no where. Jones at least won 3 Super Bowls along the way. Snyder is one of the worst owners in league history when it comes to ratio of money spent to games won.

He's spent $154 million this year on two players! Neither of which has any business making the amount of money they got, Hall is grossly overpaid and Fat Albert will never live up to that contract. Thats the trade off when you sign a Snyder contract, you get more money than you'll ever spend, but you become a football afterthought.

Edited by Maxx Is Awesome Teammate

lol, Deadskins x2.

Taylor's not a bad fit for that offense actually. He could handle about 200 carries and get you at least 4 yards a pop. If Brady's healthy the Pats will be passing the ball around anyway so it doesn't hurt them. If Brady isn't healthy it at least gives them a legit running back for the time being.

lol, Deadskins x2.

Taylor's not a bad fit for that offense actually. He could handle about 200 carries and get you at least 4 yards a pop. If Brady's healthy the Pats will be passing the ball around anyway so it doesn't hurt them. If Brady isn't healthy it at least gives them a legit running back for the time being.

I know he's a good fit there, which is exactly why I bleh. Maroney can't handle being the #1 guy, Taylor can't either, and with Morris and Green-Ellis likely still floating around, that running game is highly unlikely to embarrass itself...unless they ALL break or tear something, which might not be all that unlikely.

Vendetta, knock off the double posts on the same issue.

Snyder bought the team in 99. since 99:

Redskins - (76-84) 3 playoff apps, 2 playoff wins, 3 10+ loss seasons, 2 10+ win seasons

cowboys - (79-81) 4 playoff apps, 0 playoff wins, 4 10+ loss season, 2 10+ win seasons

The coaching situations with both teams have been ridiculous. Player acquisitions have also been ridiculous.

Comparing the two I don't see how I "absolutely moved to a worse one." They may have "gotten nowhere" but in the time frame that Snyder has been in Washington, he's gotten further than Jones has. At least the Skins have won two playoff games. Isn't that the end measurement in this case ?

as for Taylor, I think that'd be a great move. Reference Corey Dillon in that regard.

Sorry didn't mean to double. I thought maybe it would have merged the two posts. I was wrong..yet again.

The Buccaneers are taking to much interest in running backs right at the moment and that has me worried. We have Williams (how will be back and be just as good), We have Graham, we have Smith. With that said, if they sign Ward or Kevin Jones, then I see them letting go of Graham.

This could be funny or depressing, depending on who you are. The Lions traded for Ken Lucas of the Panthers, but the deal was nixed by Lucas who "refuses to play for the Lions". Part of me wants to say "Well fuck him then" but I honestly can't, I don't blame the guy in the least. I wouldn't want to play for the Lions, and I don't see how we're going to lure any decent free agents this off-season. Our only hope is to find a few diamonds in the rough and have a stellar draft. Otherwise it could very well be 0-16 again.

Snyder bought the team in 99. since 99:

Redskins - (76-84) 3 playoff apps, 2 playoff wins, 3 10+ loss seasons, 2 10+ win seasons

cowboys - (79-81) 4 playoff apps, 0 playoff wins, 4 10+ loss season, 2 10+ win seasons

The coaching situations with both teams have been ridiculous. Player acquisitions have also been ridiculous.

Comparing the two I don't see how I "absolutely moved to a worse one." They may have "gotten nowhere" but in the time frame that Snyder has been in Washington, he's gotten further than Jones has. At least the Skins have won two playoff games. Isn't that the end measurement in this case ?

as for Taylor, I think that'd be a great move. Reference Corey Dillon in that regard.

Well its really more a matter of spending money like a jackass I was talking about. You can look at it like that in comparrison to the last nine years for both, or compare Snyder's first nine years to Jerry's first nine years. Depending on how you look at it, it can go either way. When I say Snyder is worse than Jones, I mean in terms for wastefully spending.

You seemed mad you moved to another market where the owner throws money around, in terms of that, you moved to the worst in the league. Snyder signed Brandon Llyod to a $30 million contract. He's the guy who signed Bruce Smith, Andre Reed and Jeff George to massive deals. Shawn Springs got a ridiculous amount of money from him. Adam Archuleta, Antwaan Randle El, Jerimiah Trotter, Deion Sanders. All horrible choices who got a ridiculous amount of money.

Every owner makes mistakes in free agency, Jerry Jones is just as guilty as Snyder. But nobody comes close to Snyder when it comes to reckless spending.

I mean look, in the first 12 hours of free agency, he spent $154 million on two guys, neither of which has been to more than two pro bowls, and neither of which will likely ever get to a pro bowl during their time in Washington. It may result in playoff apperences, but it I doubt its going to result in a Super Bowl title.

Edited by Maxx Is Awesome Teammate

I mean look, in the first 12 hours of free agency, he spent $154 million on two guys, neither of which has been to more than two pro bowls, and neither of which will likely ever get to a pro bowl during their time in Washington. It may result in playoff apperences, but it I doubt its going to result in a Super Bowl title.

Exactly. The 'Skins can't compete offensively and decided to spend all their money on two guys who aren't going to make their defense that much better. They were ALREADY top 8 in scoring allowed, rushing allowed, passing allowed and total yards allowed defensively. Is it worth $154 million to maybe hold the other team to a point or two less than you did last year? On the other hand they scored an anemic 16.6 PPG last season which left them in 28th spot in a league of 32 teams. You're not going to be able to win a title anytime soon scoring less than 17 a game, especially when you're in the NFC East.

It was before Snyder took over in Washington, I believe, but two words come to mind on the Haynesworth signing:

Dana. Stubblefield.

Defensive Player of the Year, fat contract with Washington...seven sacks in three years. Not too sure I see Haynesworth being that much better.

They should have been talking with Housh this whole time instead of Haynesworth.