NFL 2009

livid

I'd love to see the Steelers bring in Joey Galloway for a year. At least if he comes cheap and his ankle checks out. He'd be a great fit.

And man oh man, the Steelers just cut G Kendall Simmons. I never thought I'd see it happen. Thank God it did though.

It's starting to appear as if the Steelers might actually be somewhat active in free agency this year. Which would be a huge shock.

Washington has just signed DeAngelo Hall to a 6-year $54 million deal. Really? DeAngelo Hall, really?

Word is Ravens are very close on a deal with Bart Scott. If that happens you can probably officially declare the post-Ray Lewis era as having begun. Jason Brown is also going to not be re-signed given that he wants $8 million a year.

Edited by damshow

The real implication of this deal is that Daniel Snyder has now caused many other average teams desperately trying to get over that hump to pay absurd amounts of money for above average free agent CBs since they'll all say "Look at DeAngelo Hall! I get better numbers than him."

Throw as much money as you possibly can at anything that moves?

Either way, Hall actually played fairly well for them in the limited time he had. Maybe not being on a black hole (pun not intended) of a team will do him some good or something. Doubt it, but Snyder could make worse moves, really.

Edited by Livid