NFL 2009

livid

See, while I can't deny a single thing you said about TO's character, I ask you this. Name one situation where TO left, and the team improved? San Fran hasn't been to the playoffs since he left, nor have the Eagles made it back to the Superbowl. Again, I'm not saying TO isnt a dick fuck. He is. But he is still a great wideout who commands to be double teamed. Roy Williams struggled last year with single coverage. How am I suppose to believe that with Dakota Fanning, or whatevere junk wide out they are going to throw opposite of him, that Roy Williams is going to re-evlove into this amazing WR.

Again, I'm not going to deny TO is a pain in the ass. But twice before the media has told us "the team will be better without TO", and twice before they haven't. I don't forsee any difference with the 'boys either.

The 49ers had were falling apart before he left. That team did a horrible job of rebuilding after Young and Rice left, and we're still seeing its fallout. Terrell Owens had nothing to do with their decision to draft Alex Smith.

Yes, the Eagles haven't been to the Super Bowl since TO left, but they were back in the NFC Championship game last season.

Roy Williams steps up and there shouldn't be any problem. I'm willing to blame his lack of production last year on Jason Garrett not tailoring the offense around him. Williams basically inherited all of Patrick Crayton's routes, which are the kind of routes Williams should have been running? 1-5 yard dumps? Little slants? Not really his thing. Williams should have been running been running routes similar to TO, stretching the field, going across the middle. So if Williams gets all the routes designed for TO, I think he'll definately improve. So much shit went down with the offense last year that you can't judge him based on that performance.

I'd love it if T.O. ended up with the Ravens, for two reasons:

1. They probably still harbor ill feelings over the situation where he ended up in Philly instead, so they'd be less likely than other teams to put up with his crap.

2. Ray Lewis would kick his ass - or stab him :shifty: - once he starts up his drama again.

On ESPN this morning, Greeny and Golic were trying to think of where he could possibly go, and they both kind of agreed that New Orleans is a possiblity. They were thinking Minnesota until the stat guy or someone notified them that him and Brad Childress didn't get along in Philly. Greeny suggested the Titans, to which I say not no, but HELL NO! Golic mentioned Washington as a possibility, and since my father is a Deadskins fan and hates T.O., I'd have a field day if that happened.

Safety Roy Williams has also been cut by Dallas. It'll be interesting to see whether we look to free agents to come in and fill some of the gaps we have, whether we re-sign our UFAs or whether we just go to the draft and either start some rookies or promote some of our back-ups from last season.

Torry Holt's also asking for his release from the Rams. Well it worked for Roy Williams so why not?

Has Chad Johnson signed with another team yet? Because as much as I like Ocho Cinco, I don't want to have to worry about the possibility of him ending up as T.O.'s replacement in Dallas.

Forgot to mention: Stephen A. Smith apparently talked to T.O.'s people and according to them he wouldn't mind playing with either of the Manning brothers or even with the Patriots despite him and Randy Moss not getting along. I personally don't see him ending up in Indianapolis, but I'd love to see him in a Patriots uniform just to see the inevitable trainwreck once he turns into Team Obliterator again.

(I'm going to have to catch 1st and 10 this afternoon to see what Skip Bayless has to say; T.O. is one of the few things I actually agree with him on)

Forgot to mention: Stephen A. Smith apparently talked to T.O.'s people and according to them he wouldn't mind playing with either of the Manning brothers or even with the Patriots despite him and Randy Moss not getting along. I personally don't see him ending up in Indianapolis, but I'd love to see him in a Patriots uniform just to see the inevitable trainwreck once he turns into Team Obliterator again.

Oh God, I hope not.

We already got Moss and Welker, I doubt he'd want to come here. Where would he go?

(I'm going to have to catch 1st and 10 this afternoon to see what Skip Bayless has to say; T.O. is one of the few things I actually agree with him on)

Skip's doing everything but table dancing today. He even started by throwing a TO jersey in the trash can.

As for where TO could end up, the first idea that popped into my head was San Diego, actually. They don't really have the dominant WR, but they have a talented young QB and a running game that may be starting to sprout some questions, namely LT's continuing health and Sproles' ability to be a 200-some carry guy. The big downside is TO repeating the same "Waaaaaaaa, he's throwing to the TE too much" bullshit with Gates instead of Witten, so it's unlikely to happen. But still, it'd be an interesting offense to watch, possibly a New Orleans West kind of style.

Skip's doing everything but table dancing today. He even started by throwing a TO jersey in the trash can.

As for where TO could end up, the first idea that popped into my head was San Diego, actually. They don't really have the dominant WR, but they have a talented young QB and a running game that may be starting to sprout some questions, namely LT's continuing health and Sproles' ability to be a 200-some carry guy. The big downside is TO repeating the same "Waaaaaaaa, he's throwing to the TE too much" bullshit with Gates instead of Witten, so it's unlikely to happen. But still, it'd be an interesting offense to watch, possibly a New Orleans West kind of style.

DEFINITELY need to see 1st and 10, then!

They kind of ruled out the Chargers, because they don't think Rivers would put up with T.O.'s crap and would get right in his face once he got started.

You know what I hope happens? I hope T.O. signs with a team, then they promptly turn around and sign Rex Grossman. :w00t:

The Giants went out of their way to say they aren't interested in signing him. I hope that they ARE interested in somehow picking up a # 1 because the lesser Steve Smith, the least of the three Moss' in the league, Boss, Hixon and Manningham is not gonna get it done.

DEFINITELY need to see 1st and 10, then!

They kind of ruled out the Chargers, because they don't think Rivers would put up with T.O.'s crap and would get right in his face once he got started.

You know what I hope happens? I hope T.O. signs with a team, then they promptly turn around and sign Rex Grossman. :w00t:

Both of those would be hilarious scenarios. Rivers and TO staging a UFC main event on the sidelines would be epic. And TO would become the black Yosemite Sam with all the steam coming out his ears after Grossman constantly overthrowing him.

TO's a complete douche, but God love him, he has the potential to be comedy gold.

I'm willing to bet TO ends up in Baltimore.

We'll make a play at Holt first, but yeah, I could definitely see him on the Ravens.

Al Davis is still alive though, so him in Silver and Black is a huge possibility too.

Good point. I think the short list for where he lands would have to be Baltimore, Oakland, maybe St. Louis, maybe the Jets?

I keep seeing him in an Oakland uniform. I could also see him playing for the R'Skins. I'd have a hard time buying Baltimore however based on his past history with them. Denver could be a dark horse ( :lmao: ) if Brandon Marshall is suspended for a long period of time.

No way he goes to St.Louis, TO will never again play on a team that isnt close to contending.

You actually think TO cares about winning a championship?

Besides, unless New England decides to take a chance or him, or Baltimore thinks Ray Lewis can keep him in line, I can't see ANY contenders lining up to sign the guy.

So, thinking logically, if the Rams lose Tory Holt, maybe they take a shot at signing TO.

I think he cares about winning a ring, i think it's ultra-important to him, and that he needs to win one. i may be wrong, but it seems like he won't be content or even mildly happy until he wins a ring.

And i do believe the patriots would keep him in line. I also think Denver may take a shot at him, Washington may take shot at him, and although him and Childress don't get along and he won't come here i think the Vikings will take a shot.