NFL 2009

livid

Well, I'm already seeing the bitching from Pats haters about the 59-0 win.

To which I respond - was it possible to not score that much without trying to not score? The Titans were just horrific today.

And how do you justify them going into full out hurry up mode in the final 2 minutes, timeouts and all when the score was already.. what, 38-0?

Not saying the Titans weren't fucking terrible and didn't deserved to get humiliated or anything, but BB and Brady definitely dipped into some of their 2007 antics. Simply no reason for that, and no reason for Brady to still be out there to start the 3rd quarter.

Edited by Mysterio2000X

I'm fucking ashamed of beign a Titan fan. That was a completely massacre, why the fuck wouldn't they put VY in, Collins is already on his way out, he already gave what he had to give and we thank him for that but come on Fisher, put VY in. The season is over already, it's time to start thinking about the future and VY is the future (at least for now).

On a sidenote, the Cardinals and the Seahawks seem like they play good when they feel like it, some games they slack off and some they play like they are Super Bowl bound. Watch Tom Brady get a second wind with this beating against the Titans, I mean seriously 5 TDs in one quarter? it will bust his morale up and the Patriots are coming back as the good ole' Pats we all know. As for the Saints, there's nothing much to say, they kick ass, they kick it hard and they are the most underrated team in the league, 5-0 and still not getting as much attention as the rest.

Vince Young is on the bubble when it comes to whether or not he's a bust. But I do think at this point he should be starting, not Collins. Collins isn't the only probblem; the Titans' defense has gone belly up.

I'll be skipping Mike and Mike and the other sports shows I watch today, because I don't want to hear everyone sucking Tom Brady's dick again.

Really am enjoying what's happening with the Redskins. Wonder if Jim Zorn will be fired before the season is over? (Zorn isn't the biggest problem, though; their QB is)

Guest JukeboxHero

Hey, the Pats missed a field goal in the first quarter. The score could have been worse.

I've heard the talk from the Pats haters about them running up the score, but really, what do you want them to do? The Titans played terrible. Collins went 2 for 12 and had -7 passing yards. Good thing the Titans have a bye week next week.

It boggles my mind how one team can throw for 6 TDs and the other throws only 12 times the entire game and it results in negative yardage. That blows away Derek Anderson's game last week.

Oh please... it was the first half, that's what you do. Get tired of hearing that fucking bullshit from you all. Boo hoo, the Patriots wanted to score before half. Cry me a f'n river you bunch of pussies.

If you can score that much in the first half, your opponent can do that in the second half. It's not running up the score until the 4th quarter, which admittedly the Pats did do in 2007 but they did not do that yesterday. In all honesty, I don't care about running up the score. It's just stupid since you risk injury.

In regulation time even if you don't make a stop, you get your chance to score. Why change the game ?

Because neither team could beat the other through four quarters of play. Something needs to separate them unless you're happy with ties on team records. I think it's like penalties in soccer, it's the fairest way to complete a game without it going on for ages.

I've heard the talk from the Pats haters about them running up the score, but really, what do you want them to do?

Not go for it on 4th down when they're up by about 50?

• Like 1

In regulation time even if you don't make a stop, you get your chance to score. Why change the game ?

Because neither team could beat the other through four quarters of play. Something needs to separate them unless you're happy with ties on team records. I think it's like penalties in soccer, it's the fairest way to complete a game without it going on for ages.

So ? If they can't get the job done, then why give either team anything at all (and more so, why give one team a huge advantage over the other) ? I'm perfectly fine with ties when they're called for.

And no, it isn't like penalties in soccer. In soccer each side has an equal opportunity. If team A hits the first PK, it isn't over because team B gets the chance to equal. It goes like that for a best of five and is then sudden death (but even then both teams get their shot at goal).

It's not fair though. It'd be fair, if say each team exchanged possessions, starting on the 20 for instance, they could do so until somebody takes the lead and then subsequently make a stop or vice versa.

Edited by The Cool One

You mean 4th and 6 on their own 31 yard line? Yep, let's punt it... that's only fair.

Titans stop them, and they get the ball practically in field goal range. But hell, they couldn't even do that.

With how bad they played, it's no win. People would just complain regardless about the Patriots, cause it's the cool thing to New England bash.

You mean 4th and 6 on their own 31 yard line? Yep, let's punt it... that's only fair.

Titans stop them, and they get the ball practically in field goal range. But hell, they couldn't even do that.

No, I mean 4th and 7 on the Tennessee 11 yard line. Why not kick the field goal?

No, I mean 4th and 7 on the Tennessee 11 yard line. Why not kick the field goal?

There's no win on this, is there? Were they just supposed to take a knee and hand the ball over? Jesus...

Kick the field goal, it's 62-0 and even more overkill. Run a play, Tennessee (had they not completely packed it in anyway) can prevent three or six/seven more points. Which they did, it was a turnover on downs.

But the Titans had pretty much given up, so it was fair game for the Pats to do whatever the hell they wanted.

In the end, they're professionals and making a hell of a lot more than you or I could imagine. They aren't little high school pussies who need their self-esteem protected, they were the best team in the AFC last year. This whole self-esteem movement is fucking ridiculous anyway.

I don't give a fuck about the Titans' self-esteem, I hate the Titans. I hate the Patriots' attitude, that's what my argument is about. They're up big, they have the game in the bag. They put their back-ups in, which is the sensible thing to do. They carry on playing, completing first downs which is fine as the Titans can't stop them. Going for it on fourth down is what I hate when they're up so comfortably. If you can't get it on three downs, punt the ball away or kick the field goal when you're up by that much. Going for it simply means you want to score more touchdowns and that is the overkill part of it, it's simply unnecessary.

Or ya' know, they want those backup players as much reps as possible in a game. It's one thing to see something in practice, it's entirely different one to see it in front 60,000 + people, no matter the score. Once they're up that much I imagine that they treat the rest of the game like a preseason game when coaches will do things like go for it on fourth down, etc. just to get a look at how those backup players respond. Because let's face it, say Tom Brady gets hurt again, don't you think that Belicheck would like to see what Hoyer can do in a game rather than rely on what he's seen in the limited reps he's received in practice? I know if I was a coach, I would.

oddly enough, going for it on 4th down in that situation was statistically the least likely option to do further harm to the Titans.

I can see the sideline now ... "all right guys, this is an actual game and all but get out there and don't you dare fucking try damnit !" .... please

Going for it on fourth down when you're up but that much is dickish, no matter which team is involved. Obviously it's going to get skewed even more with it being the Patriots. I get the evaluating the back-ups argument, but not to the extent that they're going for it on 4th and more than a yard when you're in the lead. It may as well be practice then because it's sure as hell not simulating a common circumstance. Saying that punting the ball would've risked the Titans scoring and thus was not the right thing to do is stupid for two reasons. Firstly, it's the fucking Titans, what are they going to do? Secondly, say they do score, that makes it, what, a 45-48-point lead? Oh shit, better put Brady back in, there's a comeback on the books!

Bottom line, it's going to happen because in that situation, there's not a lot else you can do, you're going to be criticised no matter what. They're still a bunch of arrogant dickheads for it.

• Like 1