NFL 2009

livid

Ryan is better in the pros because he's playing with other pros. At BC he was playing with a bunch of scrubs. Anyone who plays in the Big XII looks like a world beater because no one in that conference plays ANY defense. Bradford should be fine, but even then I wouldn't be shocked if he turned out to be as big of a bust as Daniel, McCoy and Harrell at the next level.

i can give you Harrel as most likely a bust, and as much as it pains me to say it i doubt Chase Daniel will do anything either. But Colt McCoy has a shot, he's def better then Bradford. and the Big 12 does play defense because if i'm not mistaken (i'm not) Both Texas and Oklahoma had top 20 Defenses this year.

Texas gave up 14, 35, 31, 24, 39, 21, 7 & 9 in Big XII play. They had 3 good defensive games, and still gave up 22.5 PPG

OU 17, 45, 31, 35, 28, 28, 21, 41 & 21 in Big XII play. That's almost 30 per game allowed.

Again, they don't play defense in the Big XII. The only difference is the shitty teams don't have much offense either.

I don't think any Big 12 QB will have success in the NFL.

And Matt Ryan is light years ahead of McCoy and was when he was drafted as well. And so is Flacco, for that matter because he's not even begun to show his entire talent.

Joe Flacco is not better then McCoy, the only thing he does better is throw the deep ball. He's not as mobile or accurate. And say what you will about Big 12 Defense they are better then D2 Defences for sure.

Have you seen Flacco move?

His poise and height plus his range of mobility is incredible. You have further proven you have no idea what you're talking about.

Well lets see, Joe Flacco is in the NFL, brought his team to the AFC championship game in his rookie season and Colt McCoy....is still in college.

Is that a stupid comparison I hear? Why yes, yes it is.

And coming from I Love Pokemon...thats so very...expected.

Well lets see, Joe Flacco is in the NFL, brought his team to the AFC championship game in his rookie season and Colt McCoy....is still in college.

Yeah because Joe Flacco clearly led that team. it had nothing to do with a dominating defense. or nothing to do with a brutal running game. yeah they went to the AFC Championship game because of joe Flacco :rolleyes: .

And you call me stupid, look in the mirror man.

I see a guy making fun of a guy who clearly has no idea what he's talking about and thinks that NFL success isn't an indicator of NFL success.

Yeah because Joe Flacco clearly led that team. it had nothing to do with a dominating defense. or nothing to do with a brutal running game. yeah they went to the AFC Championship game because of joe Flacco :rolleyes: .

And you call me stupid, look in the mirror man.

It had tons to do with Joe Flacco. He started every single game, in his first year in the pros. The only two people to ever do that? Flacco and Ryan. Both worse then McCoy AMIRITE!??!?!

He had great poise and kept calm, without him the team wouldn't have made it as far as they did. With Boller back at the helm they wouldn't of gone anywhere.

You calling Maxx stupid at the end of the post just baffles me, it really does. You're honestly one of the biggest idiots I've ever had the misfortune of coming across not only on this forum, but anywhere. You my friend are a unique brand of Idiot.

Edited by RockstaMantis Black

Joe Flacco is not better then McCoy, the only thing he does better is throw the deep ball. He's not as mobile or accurate. And say what you will about Big 12 Defense they are better then D2 Defences for sure.

WHAT? I hate the Ravens as much as the next guy, but Flacco has already proven he can lead a team. You need to stop using college careers when comparing them to guys who are actually playing well in the NFL. There are a multitude of QBs who have been dominant in college, and/or won Heismans that sucked at the pro level. The only way you can say that someone is better than a guy who has done it at the pro level is to use someone who has played better in the NFL. Put Joe Flacco at Texas and McCoy at Delaware and I guarantee you'd never have heard of McCoy and that Flacco would have been a household name before the scouts attached themselves to Flacco's nutsack at the combine.

I think your problem is that you don't separate individual talent from team success.

No Rocksta, just because Joe Flacco has played in the NFL, got all the way to the AFC Championship game in his first year and has proven he's perfectly adept at playing in the NFL, does not mean that he is a good NFL Quarterback. And Colt McCoy, who hasn't played a down in the NFL, is a better one.

Sage Rosenfels is also better than both of them added together and multiplied by two Mannings.

Here's how you know you're wrong.

A Cowboys fan, an Eagles fan and a Giants fan are all in complete and total agreement over how incorrect you are.

Edited by Maxx Is Awesome Teammate
  • Like 1

I see a guy making fun of a guy who clearly has no idea what he's talking about and thinks that NFL success isn't an indicator of NFL success.

Any half way decent QB could've led that Ravens team to the playoffs. I'm not saying Flacco isn't/wasn't successful, but McCoy is the better QB. If you want to argue that Flacco has actually done something in the pros which is what your doing, you could try and use that one. Just as i can say Colt McCoy did better in College against better competition.

Fact is, Flacco had 1-3 good games all year, he didn't really do anything of note, his Defense and running game carried him. Flacco is still largely undevolped, and green. His own talent level isn't at McCoy's right now. His success level is higher.

EDIT: Colt would do just as good if not better then Flacco did at Delaware.

Maxx is an asshole, and i've never not once claimed Sage was a great QB. Dude your just grasping at straws because your asshole self doesn't like me, well i don't really give a fuck. And you'd disagree with anything i would say even if you agree, because your a dick who has some sort of problem with me.

Edited by I Love Pokemon

Fuck I should clearly have seen that hole in my logic. Thanks Maxx. :)

I LOVE POKEMON!

His talent level is beyond Flacco's?!

That's why McCoy is a mid round pick. While Flacco was a first round pick, an starting NFL quarterback who looks destined to be a big star. At no point was McCoy better but you seem to insist that Colt McCoy is baby jesus with a cannon.

You are something to behold.

I will agree with you if you can tell me simply how McCoy is better then Flacco despite him being ranked as a mid round pick, to flacco being a first round pick. You know better then the scouts yes? They make mistakes but no one in the world, besides you and maybe his mom, think he's better then Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco.

Edited by RockstaMantis Black

1-3 good games?

Did you watch the second half of the season at all?

Seriously, that's one of the stupidest statements I've ever seen because anybody who knew what he was talking about would notice that Flacco was a huge reason that the Ravens even made the playoffs because of how well he played in the second half of the season.

He had 11 TD's compared to 5 INT's with a completion percentage of 65.6% in the second half of the season but clearly that's only 1-3 good games right? :rolleyes:

Edited by Livid

No Rocksta, the fact that Colt McCoy was surrounded by better talent has nothing to do with how good he is. He just is better, period. He doesn't even have to play an NFL game to be a better NFL QB than Joe Flacco.

So what if Flacco is the only rookie to ever win 2 playoff games. Colt McCoy has like you know...played in college.

Alternate way to mock I Love Pokemon:

*puts cooking pot on head and runs into wall*

DUR DUR DUR COLT MCCOY DUR DUR SAGE ROSENFELS DUR DUR DUR EVERYONE SIGN WITH THE VIKINGS DURR

Any half way decent QB could've led that Ravens team to the playoffs. I'm not saying Flacco isn't/wasn't successful, but McCoy is the better QB. If you want to argue that Flacco has actually done something in the pros which is what your doing, you could try and use that one. Just as i can say Colt McCoy did better in College against better competition.

Fact is, Flacco had 1-3 good games all year, he didn't really do anything of note, his Defense and running game carried him. Flacco is still largely undevolped, and green. His own talent level isn't at McCoy's right now. His success level is higher.

EDIT: Colt would do just as good if not better then Flacco did at Delaware.

Maxx is an asshole, and i've never not once claimed Sage was a great QB. Dude your just grasping at straws because your asshole self doesn't like me, well i don't really give a fuck. And you'd disagree with anything i would say even if you agree, because your a dick who has some sort of problem with me.

How you did in college DOES. NOT. MATTER. IN. THE. NFL.

If it did scrubs like Andre Ware, Ty Detmer, Gino Torretta, Danny Wuerffel, Chris Weinke, Eric Crouch, Jason White, Troy Smith, Tim Couch, Akili Smith and Ryan Leaf would have been Pro Bowlers. You're looking at college stats and not realizing that ANYONE could put up numbers in the Big XII which is why they have four highly touted QBs who will likely all be mediocre at the next level and that someone like Matthew Stafford would be picked ahead of all of them if they came out at the same time because he has an NFL body and arm. Flacco threw for almost 3,000 yards and completed 60% of his passes on a team that doesn't really care about their offense. Insert McCoy directly into the starting lineup in the NFL his rookie year and he will get blown up the first time a blitzling LB hits him flush in the chest. Ryan and Flacco had two of the best rookie seasons EVER and you're acting like they'd be worse than a bunch of guys who aren't that great in college. It's just a silly argument.

Let's remember that Tee Martin led Tennessee to a Nat'l Championship that Peyton never sniffed and managed to throw 16 passes in the NFL while Peyton will rewrite the record book barring injury.

Fuck I should clearly have seen that hole in my logic. Thanks Maxx. :)

I LOVE POKEMON!

His talent level is beyond Flacco's?!

That's why McCoy is a mid round pick. While Flacco was a first round pick, an starting NFL quarterback who looks destined to be a big star. At no point was McCoy better but you seem to insist that Colt McCoy is baby jesus with a cannon.

You are something to behold.

I will agree with you if you can tell me simply how McCoy is better then Flacco despite him being ranked as a mid round pick, to flacco being a first round pick. You know better then the scouts yes? They make mistakes but no one in the world, besides you and maybe his mom, think he's better then Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco.

So because someone is drafted in the first round that makes them better then someone who will be taken most likely in the 2nd-3rd round? Did you forget to tell Tom Brady?

McCoy has way more accuracy on his passes then Flacco, is more battle tested then Flacco when Flacco was going into the draft. Flacco right now is more proven then McCoy is. What do you want for your QB a Cannon Arm, Poise and Mobility or Accurate Arm, Mobility and Poise? i'll take the second and thats Colt McCoy. the Scouts may have loved Flacco, because of his poise and arm, but i'll take McCoy's Accuracy and expierence at Texas over what Flacco did prior to this season as a pro.

And i said he is better right now then Matt Ryan when he was going into his final season, and thats not farfetched at all.

EDIT: Jason White's problem wasn't lack of talent but horible knees. Also Troy Smith didn't do too poorly.

Edited by I Love Pokemon

Tee Martin ended up being a practice squad QB, if I remember right.

And I'm not too upset he didn't make it in the NFL, because just about everyone I've ever talked to who has actually met him thought he was kind of an asshole.