UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

Please, Like I would tell you my secret :P

But I will tell you that I don't tap one button or use the shine, I have my own button mashing style that works on this game, You just have to find the best way to mash buttons that suits the way you play, I can't help you much more than that, Because I'm not you and I can't see what your doing.

But great fight, You had me scared when you knocked me down with like your 3rd punch of the fight and even more so when Franklin would not get his damn hands up to block Bisping's massive hands trying to remove my chin from my head and you really have to keep an eye on your stamina bar online, I went for that early submission to test you out submission wise and you did great, But you gassed yourself and I manged to score the takedown and the Kneebar to end the fight.

But it could have gone either way, A flash KO from Quasi could have ended me like 30 seconds into the fight or any time during the first round too.

[Edit] Oh and the lag was better than what I expected on my end, Although there was a few times that I was body kicking air with Quasi halfway across the cage.

Edited by Slogger

Is anyone else's fights constantly going to the ground? I'm like 24-2 and I have 17 submissions and 7 tkos all coming from the ground. either my opponent takes the fight to the ground where I then turn the tables on them or they go crazy and use up their stamina so I take them down for the easy submission.

Edited by kale

Please, Like I would tell you my secret :P

But I will tell you that I don't tap one button or use the shine, I have my own button mashing style that works on this game, You just have to find the best way to mash buttons that suits the way you play, I can't help you much more than that, Because I'm not you and I can't see what your doing.

But great fight, You had me scared when you knocked me down with like your 3rd punch of the fight and even more so when Franklin would not get his damn hands up to block Bisping's massive hands trying to remove my chin from my head and you really have to keep an eye on your stamina bar online, I went for that early submission to test you out submission wise and you did great, But you gassed yourself and I manged to score the takedown and the Kneebar to end the fight.

But it could have gone either way, A flash KO from Quasi could have ended me like 30 seconds into the fight or any time during the first round too.

[Edit] Oh and the lag was better than what I expected on my end, Although there was a few times that I was body kicking air with Quasi halfway across the cage.

Yeah the lag is not very handy against a player like you. For example, whenever I pressed a button to punch or something it would be too late 'cause of the lag and then you went for the takedown. As you probably noticed, I prefer stand-up game, although I did pretty well this time, I'm getting better at the ground stuff. Had you down again two times though.

wow, That lag was WAY worse this time against Quasi and had I missed countering that punch that lead to the armbar submission, It would have been lights out for Forrest for sure, But when you pick Rampage, You know your going to be taken down.

Great fight, I have to pick my spots during stand up, Quasi could of knocked me out like 8 times in that fight and have most likely had beaten me on points, BUt I had you beat on your stamina, You used it up while trying to get me off of you on the ground.

Edited by Slogger

Fuck the Muay Thai clinch. I just lost for the third straight time against Wanderlai Silva because he gets me in the clinch and I can't get out of it at all. I eventually got out by him knocking me down. I managed to scramble back to my feet, he was too tired from throwing those clinch knees to finish me off but then he gets me in the muay thai clinch again and knocks me out with another knee.

When your opponent locks in the muay thai clinch and does the whip thing you're supposed to press the opposite direction to counter, right? That's horrible by itself because you can't really tell which direction they're going (especially between up and down) until it's pretty much too late. Also, when is the 'right time' for the direction to block/counter the whip knee? The tutorial just says the right timing it doesn't mention when to do it and I can't figure it out for the life of me. Do I flick the direction when he moves, do I flick it when he starts to knee, do I flick it when it's about to connect, am I supposed to hold it or what?

Edited by dwsnuk

FinalFinally just schooled me twice, Once as Forrest and once as Fitch.

I probably only made it to the 3rd round in the second fight because I used GSP.

Great fights my good man, You just schooled me.

Haha, thanks. We had a really good fight even with the lag with me as Fitch and you as GSP. I thought you had me when you got the full mount, the lag was killing my transition attempts. I got up and unplugged the internet from my computer so my whole connection was going to my system, I take it the lag was on your side?

Haha, thanks. We had a really good fight even with the lag with me as Fitch and you as GSP. I thought you had me when you got the full mount, the lag was killing my transition attempts. I got up and unplugged the internet from my computer so my whole connection was going to my system, I take it the lag was on your side?
Yeah, Lag was terrible, But i didn't expect it to be any good.

I didn't know you thought I had you beat while in the mount, I was just going for a lucky GnP KO, You just had a counter for everything I had, Stand-up, On the ground, submission attempts.

To be fair, I had never bothered with Welterweight before and just picked GSP because I wanted to see what all the hype was about, Am I missing something as GSP or should I just pick another welterweight to play as?

And me picking Henderson? I panicked when you picked Forrest <_<:)

I want in this league, judging from my systematically taking Slogger apart I'm at least qualified to be a jobber to the better players. <_<

And I just list kickboxers Slogger, that's why I picked Griffin. Next time I'll take Liddell and you can have him.

I'm 2-2 against EWB opponents, I can't say I'm doing too bad.

Taking Tajiri through career mode now, I'm not going to work on his face because I have no idea what im doing when it comes to faces.

I used the Asian preset as the base, Added the messy black hair and the beard and mustache, Fixed the eye brows.

Set him to lightweight and 5'7", Added green/red mouth guard (to add the illusion that he is packing mist) and the green/grey Noki trunks (I didn't have any branded black ones) and after watching a video of him doing the spider move, I maxed out his starting submission skills and kicks.

I don't think i've missed much, Any suggestions on how to improve Tajiri would be great, Face wise would be awesome, But I don't think anyone has delved into the CAF much so far.

Got the game this morning, been playing it since I dragged my ass out of bed.

I'm 13-1-0 with Bobby DeKnight, who doesn't seem to age. :\ Current Light Heavyweight Champion and just about to have my first defence against Evans at UFC 131. All my wins are from TKO, my loss is from submission and my one real weakness is The Clinch.

I'm 13-1-0 with Bobby DeKnight, who doesn't seem to age. :\ Current Light Heavyweight Champion and just about to have my first defence against Evans at UFC 131. All my wins are from TKO, my loss is from submission and my one real weakness is The Clinch.

Yeah, That's a known problem, I don't think anyone has accepted fault for it yet either.

Tapped out the guy in my try out fight late in round two and the guy in my first UFC fight with 0:05 to go in the first, Both to a rear naked choke.

[Edit] Make that 3 to a rear naked choke, I'm waiting for my submission of the night award, It has to come sometime.

Edited by Slogger

I was just playing better with the lag then you, I think if we were playing a smoother game you would've had a much better chance in both of the fights, especially the one with GSP.

Yeah, That's a known problem, I don't think anyone has accepted fault for it yet either.

Tapped out the guy in my try out fight late in round two and the guy in my first UFC fight with 0:05 to go in the first, Both to a rear naked choke.

I don't think it is a problem, it was meant to be like that. Otherwise.. well, some of the fighters would have to retire over the length of your contract and that just wouldn't be fun.

I don't think it is a problem, it was meant to be like that. Otherwise.. well, some of the fighters would have to retire over the length of your contract and that just wouldn't be fun.

That is fair enough, If they could put so many non UFC fighters into the game with real names and such, Why not throw some new guys in there with announced names and make it seem like they are real guys.

Just realized that I had unlocked the late Mask, Thats 1/3 of the Tapout guys, Two to go.

I got the 20 second knockout and the win with submission, no strikes trophies, both as Lesnar vs. Houston? I think.

Also won my first online match against some CAF FREAK. And I mean freak. Like 6'5, looked like a fucked up clown. Went to the third and BAM! knock out. Knew this guy wouldn't quit as was 7-8 already. Before that me and some guy had a lagfest that D/C'd, his record was 33-0 with a CAF. Glad it didn't got a long while for me to win and him quit on me.

Yay! second fight won.As Lesnar again, I beat someguy as someone I haven't heard of on his debut. 2nd round knockout, nearly subbed him and rocked him but couldn't take advantage in the first.

Win 3! :D This time Lesnar was taken, so I had to go with Mir as he was the only other HW I've had experience with.

Edited by TheModernWay

5 rear naked choke wins in a row, This one was tougher than the rest, But I'm loving how the CPU gives me their back, If they stay in the mount they won't get KO'd Tajiri doesn't have that kind of power in his hands, But I'm loving it as the AI spins us around and gifts me the rear naked choke for the win, Still no Submission of the night award, That is kind of bumming me out.