2009 MLB Season

sahyder1

Yeah, to be honest I'm fairly tired of steroids in baseball talk. It's been 5 straight years of being beat in the head with it and am quite tired of the story in general. Big whoop, add Manny to the list of a bajillion or so of his peers that have used. It's just something people will ultimately have to live with regarding this era of baseball.

Other than David Ortiz, this is perhaps the single best news I could've gotten today. Yeah, I'm an ass. Don't you Yankee-haters tell me you didn't feel that way when A-Rod or Clemens were unveiled. :P

I don't know what you're talking about, its quite obvious Manny didn't start using untill he got to LA. Clemens, A-Rod, Manny, what do they all have in common? Joe Torre.

The Dodgers and their fans loved Manny. He was so important for them. This sucks huge for them. They had the "Mannywood" section in Dodgers Stadium. They had kids in the stands with wigs on cheering wildly for him. They loved Manny. Now this.

I have only been into baseball for 2 or 3 years. A-Rod didn't have this effect on me. Seeing Manny turn up as a cheat makes me think less of baseball.

Meh, we'll get over it (I say this as a Dodger fan). The team will keep winning, and it'll be alright.

Really, the only person that could come up as a steroid guy that would make me completely stop caring about baseball would be Griffey.

Jeter would really bug me too.

Meh, we'll get over it (I say this as a Dodger fan). The team will keep winning, and it'll be alright.

Really, the only person that could come up as a steroid guy that would make me completely stop caring about baseball would be Griffey.

As a lifelong Baltimore Orioles fan, I can safely say as much as I hate the Yankees if Jeter came up as a steroid guy it would really ruin my interest in baseball. It's no fun to hate cheaters, but it's fun to hate Jeter.

Edited by damshow

Other than David Ortiz, this is perhaps the single best news I could've gotten today. Yeah, I'm an ass. Don't you Yankee-haters tell me you didn't feel that way when A-Rod or Clemens were unveiled. :P

I don't know what you're talking about, its quite obvious Manny didn't start using untill he got to LA. Clemens, A-Rod, Manny, what do they all have in common? Joe Torre.

Are you suggesting Joe Torre is a drug dealer?

Are you suggesting Joe Torre is a drug dealer?

He is Italian.

Jeter failing a piss test would bring me a sports joy equivalent to that of the Giants, Knicks, Mets & Rangers winning championships in the same season.

Also, I really came here to post that Doc Halladay is nasty. Outside of Santana he's my favorite pitcher in the whole league and I just wish he got a little more attention considering he's pretty much the face of the Blue Jays. If he pitched for the Yankees or Sox he'd win 20+ a year and have a handful of Cy's instead of just one.

Doc was so awesome last night. Faced the minimum through 6 innings, got through 9 on 102 pitches. And the atmosphere at the Rogers Centre last night was off the hook. Boo's before every Burnett pitch, loud "AJ Sucks" chants throughout the building and huge pops for every out Halladay recorded. Melky Cabrera kind of egged the crowd on in the 8th when loud "Yankees suck" chants broke out and he started tugging on his jersey (I'm not sure how best to word that, but I'm sure you've all seen the sort of thing before). It only made them louder. Scott Rolen came in 0 for 17 against AJ and left 3 for 20. Hill continued his hot start with 2 hits including a solo home run that started the wheels falling off the Burnett train in the 8th. And in the end, to quote the Drunk Jays Fans, sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

AAH THE SKYDOME ROOF IS BROKEN AND THE STAFF HAVE BEEN TOLD TO PROPAGATE THE LIES THAT THEY'RE KEEPING IT CLOSED BECAUSE THE TEAM'S BEEN DOING SO WELL THAT WAY.

I don't wanna end up in Olympic Stadium 2.0 :(

Was at the Doc/Burnett game, my God was that a good duel. The way they shit on Burnett was so awesome! When I was standing in line there were two instances that people with Yankees jerseys almost got into a scrap with some Jays fans.

Going back today as well! :D Hope it is not as bad as last nights game

AAH THE SKYDOME ROOF IS BROKEN AND THE STAFF HAVE BEEN TOLD TO PROPAGATE THE LIES THAT THEY'RE KEEPING IT CLOSED BECAUSE THE TEAM'S BEEN DOING SO WELL THAT WAY.

I don't wanna end up in Olympic Stadium 2.0 :(

You misread what I told you. What we were told to tell people is the true story, that one of the motors is broken.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

That was really the lesser of my concerns. :shifty:

But other thoughts on last night's game while I'm at it:

-Yankee fans are annoying. But then again, so were a surprising number of Toronto fans in my section. Actually, the whole crowd was weird - A-Rod got huge boos every time he did anything, but "hey-our-pitcher-has-two-strikes-on-a-Yankee-let's-rally-behind-him" cheers were non-existent. It was like it was just people wanted to cheer for or against the Yankees.

-Fuck Aramark. <_<

-As roughed-up as Richmond got (we all knew it was a Cinderella story that wouldn't last forever), at least the pen was decent in relief, without even going to BJ or Downsie. Frasor and Camp is particular looked awesome. Our pitching staff would be the best in baseball if our starters could stay healthy.

-Why does the big in-stadium store have real jerseys with obscure players from the past (Jose Cruz Jr.? CLIFF POLITTE???), but no T-shirt jerseys with obscure players from the present? I had to settle for John McDonald because I didn't want Rolen/Wells/Hill/Halladay.