They Could Make a Movie/TV Show Out of That!

ADG

The Dark Tower would've made for an awesome show, or a series of movies ala LOTR or Narnia. I remember a few years ago there were rumours or Genndy Tartakovsky (Dexter's Lab, Samurai Jack, Clone Wars shorts) really wanting to do an animated Dark Tower series on HBO or Showtime, and I think that would've fucking ruled the house. Especially if it was animated like Samurai Jack or his Clone Wars shorts.

If Clive Barker ever writes the third Book of the Art, each one of them would need a Stand quality miniseries (preferably on HBO).

RL Stine's The Fear Street Saga (FYI, Fear Street was his series of books for older readers.) I used to love the series and the story of how the street came to be named and cursed would make a pretty good trilogy.

Edited by noblefreakv2

Urgh. Shia LaBoueuffuefff. Anyway, I am glad to see that The Walking Dead got some love. To be honest, I'm really surprised that Iron Fist hasn't been given his own cartoon series. Even if it fails miserably, Danny Rand is fucking cool. I'd like to see a Nightwing spin-off from Batman too. Not a movie, but once again, a cartoon.

As for movies? Sticking with zombies, I'd love to see World War Z turned into... something. I don't know what, but it would just be really damned cool.

I think The Great Gatsby ought to be re-made, too.

The Naked and the Dead by Norman Mailer. We need a good WWII movie again and that's a damned good book to base one off of.

Oh yes, and The Bible just for shits and giggles.

Edited by Dr. HorribWill

The Dark Tower would've made for an awesome show, or a series of movies ala LOTR or Narnia. I remember a few years ago there were rumours or Genndy Tartakovsky (Dexter's Lab, Samurai Jack, Clone Wars shorts) really wanting to do an animated Dark Tower series on HBO or Showtime, and I think that would've fucking ruled the house. Especially if it was animated like Samurai Jack or his Clone Wars shorts.

JJ Abrams and Damon Lindelof are supposed to begin work on the first Dark Tower movie in 2010 after Lost is finished.

Something is happening with World War Z, not sure how they'll pull it off but there was quite a bidding war for the movie rights to it. Brad Pitt's production company won out, Marc Forster, director of Quantum of Solace is allegedly directing, with J. Michael Straczynski supposedly writing the screen play. None of that besides Brad Pitt's production company owning the rights is set in stone, but its certainly a promising prospect.

JJ Abrams and Damon Lindelof are supposed to begin work on the first Dark Tower movie in 2010 after Lost is finished.

Yeah, I remember reading about that. It better be good. (Y)

Yeah, I remember reading about that. It better be good. (Y)

I'm retarded excited about this in any format. Supposedly, the rumor is that King let them have the rights for $19. :wacko:

Not rumor, confirmed.

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2007/02/with_toothpick_.html

“I trust those guys,” said King, before unveiling the big scoop of the day: He sold them the Tower option rights for 19 bucks.

The Dirk Pitt series by Clive Cussler would make a fantastic movie series. They kinda shat all over Sahara, but some things were done right. I think if you get a good directer and sign an actor on for a couple of movies to get some stability you could have a real good series, almost like a treasure hunting James Bond

I'd agree with this a million times, but after the revoltingly shitty film version of Raise the Titanic, Cussler wanted no more part of movie adaptations. Then, he got convinced to let them try Sahara (or conned a production company into doing it, depending on who you ask), and it turned out badly, as well. Not sure they're ever gonna go back for another round.

I would like to see the 'Oregon' Series turned into a series of movies. That would be very, very cool.

This si going to show just how geeky I actually am, but I think some of the books based on Warhammer/Warhammer 40k could make entertaining films.

Mainly the Gotrek & Felix books and the Horus Heresy series. I'd love to see those made into movies, espacally Fulgrim, awesome book (for a Warhammer novel anyway)

This si going to show just how geeky I actually am, but I think some of the books based on Warhammer/Warhammer 40k could make entertaining films.

Mainly the Gotrek & Felix books and the Horus Heresy series. I'd love to see those made into movies, espacally Fulgrim, awesome book (for a Warhammer novel anyway)

Seen either of these?

Damnatus

Inquisitor

I've always thought Eddings would translate well to the Big Screen, but when I mentioned it to a friend who introduced me to Eddings, she proceeded to rip out my voicebox so I could never even mention the idea again.

I maintain he still would though <_<

Bizarrely, despite it being a pretty horribly written book, reading "Shake, Wrestle & Roll" by Adrian Street I had a clearer cinematic idea in my head than I do reading most books. Imagine "The Wrestler" directed by John Waters.

Also, I reckon you could get a half-decent fantasy TV show out of Neil Gaiman's "American Gods" if you tweaked it a tiny bit. Hell, anything would be better than Neverwhere.